West Wales o gauge group

Piemanlarger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Apologies, I've only just seen this thread and I'm a member of the group!  However I model OO so don't often look at 7mm stuff - but it's the only group in the area, and very friendly hence I joined.

Meetings are alternate Tuesday evenings 7pm-10pm in the village hall in Pencader not far from Llandysul.

This coming Tuesday is AGM but the normal pattern is one Tuesday will be the group layout Highmead Bay and 2 weeks later the test track (which has 2 tracks in 7mm with passing loops and 1 track OO/O-16.5).  The layout was displayed at Newport O gauge show recently.  During the last winter some sessions have started at 1pm (finsh at 10pm if you have stamina) in order to work on the layout during the afternoon and then set up for running later - people stayed for as long or short as they wanted.

When I joined 3 years ago it averaged 10-12 per meeting but is now 16-18 per mtg (I can't claim credit) meaning it got a bit crowded around the layout on layout nights.  A 2nd hand layout has recently been bought for people to work on/learn/teach others on Highmead Bay nights.

There is planned to be an exhibition at Bronwydd early Nov.  I've just been in hospital so not sure if I'll make the AGM to find more details. 

Membership secy (unless there's a coup on Tuesday) is Mike Marritt 01267 241 232  email: MikeandPauleenMarritt@mail.com