Recommendations for a Red Locomotive

neilmack

1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Neil,

There seem to be a lot of folk spending your money for you upon this thread.

My appallingly tongue-in-cheek-cheapskate advice is to buy any engine you like the look of and a tin of paint.

Just ignore me,

Gibbo.

With my skills I shan't like the look of it at all, once I've painted it. I shall stick to painting walls and doors.

• Like 2

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 08:20, Jeff Smith said:

On a different theme a Bachmann London Transport ex-GWR 57xx Pannier or the fictitious LT Museum ex-GWR 45xx.  Or even the LT/Metropolitan Bo-Bo from Heljan......all in lovely red.

Not entirely fictitious though. The same as the LMS crimson Jinty it existed, albeit in preservation days.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tom_balson/15389124427

Jason

On 07/02/2019 at 23:32, neilmack said:

With my skills I shan't like the look of it at all, once I've painted it. I shall stick to painting walls and doors.

Me too, which is a major reason my Castle has remained in Hogwarts red - which I find a rather good colour. Hornby is planning to release a Hogwarts Castle [complete with headlamp] later this year, but I really wouldn't be surprised if you can pick up a red Olton Hall from just a couple of years ago. Although notionally a Railroad model it attracted very good reviews, and similarly you ought to be able to pick up an earlier generation Hogwarts Castle quite cheaply second hand,

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1