Cwm Risca Halt ( mk2 smaller version page 3 onwards)

Piemanlarger

Ramps are setting. 

Fillet,  paint and fine ballast (for grip) later all being well.

There is a technical problem that needs sorting.

Unless I put the crane on the platform it needs the path diverting.  Already pulled up some hedgerow so it don't look like it's going on the platform! 

The syringe is doubling as a Dapol signal for now. Do more diverting there too!

2020-04-04_14_30_54.jpg

2020-04-04_14_30_32.jpg

• Like 1

Sundays jobs?

Where is the goods loop water tower going?

72xx checking clearance 

Thanks to some technical expertise I have been advised I should be installing 3 catch points.

But I only got 1.

So it's going in here, which is probably the wrong place as it's too near the slip but as Railway modelling is usually a compromise to some degree.  This will have to do?

2020-04-04_14_29_59.jpg

2020-04-04_14_29_22.jpg

• Like 1

Did actually get a few things done late on yesterday. 

But not quite happy with them.

I found the remnants of "fine buff" N guage ballast from my oo guage days. 

So as I had painted the " slabbed" 422 platform with a grey paint that somehow left a glossy finnish I decided to use the buff stonew to give the platform some " grip"

I left the ramps as the paths leading to and from the station are also N gauge fine, but grey!

So one of today's jobs is to do the ramps, again! 

Must say I like the purple Bob's enamel signs. Might only be a small halt station but they making money off advertising !

Track has to be heavily weathered up today around water crane

2020-04-06_09_44_20.jpg

2020-04-06_09_44_44.jpg

• Like 2

Been a bit distracted with 1/16 rc tank last couple of days!

Might have to sell all the trains and buy more of them lol

As no 1 wife has a week off next week,  it was now or never for the layout going up at home and a test run.

plan B !!

3 of the 6 points now not throwing in 1 or both directions. 

Ok that should not be too hard to sort out as they were all working prior to ballast. 

One of the back man dynamis may have finally given up but I had a spare so at least there was steam heard!

But somewhat deflated that the station tracks somehow have gone way out of alignment! 

Middle run round loop and goods loop not too bad and lined up, but station line has kinked and was about 4-5mm out !

So it's ballast sucking machine out at some point next week and track re-alignin !

I think the problem has to do with the station ramps that set a little further off set than I wanted, overnight!

Still, means the layout like lockdown is not as finished as we would perhaps like !

Photo shows station rails aligned and how much out other would be. When of course it's station ones that have kinked. 

Other photo shows the auto coach just coming onto the kink !

2020-04-11_19_28_57.jpg

2020-04-11_19_27_54.jpg

• 6 months later...

I got rather deflated after my mistakes alignment!!

Then lockdown and I sold up !

Stripped the layout and flogged most of my railway stuff,health was another issue that forced sale.

Not everything went and with our wet winter now here and a slightly brighter prospect on health, I've decided to resurrect the layout

So Cwm Risca halt mk2 is already in the planning stage.

Bit of new track and stock arrives tomorrow and so it will start again !!

Mk2 is to be alot smaller,two x 4 x 2ft boards with a short 2ft fiddle yard. 

Tbc !!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So the track plan is in place.

It's a sort of terminus branch line but with Hi and Low lines ( front and back) so I can have two trains in steam at the same time if I want.

Passenger services are 48xx autotrain which is quick and convenient if this ever makes it to a show !

Freight is farm based as with the original layout idea,just now its alot smaller !

Two x 4x2ft scenic boards and a 2x2 fiddle board that I'm thinking cassettes will be used on?

Freight is a short 1 to 3 wagon affair, fruit / farm produce pick up plus a short milk train. 

Various wagons are being collected for this.

48xxis passenger loco.

57xxis currently on freight

45xx will either join or replace the 57xx,when Dapol release it?

72xx gets to run in and out light engine, there is a loco inspector on the footplate sothere must be a reason for it being on a branch line !!

Dcc wiring and point control next ?

20201124_172734.jpg

20201124_190511.jpg

20201124_190444.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Managed a bit of electrical work.

Went back to seep pm2 point motors in the end and cdu off small control board. Old Flyer provides power for points!

Bit of power wiring to be done on tel board and then a test running session.

Possibly new years day?

Scenic work then next year!

20201229_163520.jpg

20201229_163437.jpg

20201229_163409.jpg

• Like 2

Cwm Risca Halt Point work in and working. Tacks lined up!

Little test run after tea ?? Station added to give idea of what track plan is. Auto train comes out of tunnel into station. Departs to "rear" tunnel Goods train from rear tunnel into loop. Will have loading platforms here for local farm produce such as Milk / potatoes in sacks etc. Probably looking to build small cattle dock as well? But will need to find a nicely built cattle wagon on Ebay then lol There will also be a small coal Smith to drop off S. wales gold to keep the farm fires going! The track just behind the station will have another small loading platform that will double up as milk and where ge " workmans train" comes into pick up / drop off a couple of three such fellows? Will have to visit modelu of similar website for some figures ?? So plenty of 0 gauge action / optionssqueezed into 8 x 2 ft. As long as test run later goes ok !!

20210102_170203.jpg

20210102_170257.jpg

• Like 4

Slight hick up with track testing

After about 15 years my dynamis has packed up?

Controller and base stations ( Igor two ) are not talking to each other !

Shall have to find a new dynamis handset from some where??

Edited by Piemanlarger