Dynamis ultima and digitrax se8c

TatsPl5

Hi all

I have the Bachmann dynamis ultima withe the full rail controller software. I was wondering is it possible with this set up to use the digitrax se8c as it would solve all my signalling problems, enough outputs to control all my signals, able to deal with common anode and cathode as well as bi-polar signals for a great price.

I have asked digitax this question but they have no idea. It obviously looking at all the manuals isn't possible to program each of the digitrax signal locations using the ultima hander as it only allows location up to 100 while the se8c uses location 100+. However the rail controller software appears to be able to use locations up to 2000 though the manual doesn't deal with this issue.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by TatsPl5
Spelling errors

Thanks simon. I'm unfamiliar with the jmri system. Are you using the windows or digitrax version. Does this then run parallel to the railcontroller so that the rail controller software can be used to control the signals via the jmri software if you see what I mean.

Steve

Edited by TatsPl5
Predictive text error

Steve, you can run JMRI on either windows or Mac, once you have the computer interface JMRI is free.

Its a very powerful tool that's also useful for programming locos as well. It will work alongside your own system, I run Digitrax on it. Have a look on YouTube for JMRI, plenty of tutorials on all aspects of it.

Simon