Barham Sidings - 2005 GEML in OO-SF

Southwich

Those 321s do come out nice when finished!

20150523_083747.jpg.f741535fe69a0cbccc0e77953863567e.jpg

All looks good, nice to see another GEML inspired layout :)

Ref Anglia sets; Hornby did do the 86 and some mk2s (no DBSO though). Be good to see how your repaints come along, what formation are you hoping for if you only have 4ft fiddles to play with? 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Those 321s do come out nice when finished!

20150523_083747.jpg.f741535fe69a0cbccc0e77953863567e.jpg

All looks good, nice to see another GEML inspired layout :)

Ref Anglia sets; Hornby did do the 86 and some mk2s (no DBSO though). Be good to see how your repaints come along, what formation are you hoping for if you only have 4ft fiddles to play with? 

I assumed you had one, the NSE livery looks awesome! I tried picking up the Hornby MK2s but they’re few and far between! Not too sure on the length, I’d like a full length rake and a rake if mk3s but with four foot I’m not sure. Any suggestions? I’m thinking maybe an 86, a first, second and a DBSO, not sure I’ve got room for much more at the minute! 

4 hours ago, muddy water said:

Great! Now the hard decision. Which livery?

I think it’s got to be first great eastern, I would like to do the “ONE” one but think that may be too much of a celebrity, if you can have a celebrity unit! 

3 hours ago, Rockhopper said:

Been following this on Instagram but somehow missed it on here. Good to see some 'bigger' pictures of the layout :)

Thanks for the follow!

More progress this evening as I’ve butchered a poor 150 to power the 321, just got to finish milling off the corners then it will fit perfectly under the pantograph carriage with the underframe detail to be glued on as well. Will post some photos of my FrankenEMU chassis tomorrow - hopefully get it running! 

Thanks,

Will

Thanks for the kind words Andi.

A quick video down at Barham this lunchtime, the 321 was successfully paired with the 150 chassis last night - decoder fitted and away it goes! 

Quite happy with the result, although I think it probably needs a Biffo sound chip next! Need to sort out some lights night me thinks. 

thanks,

Will

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Southwich said:

I assumed you had one, the NSE livery looks awesome! I tried picking up the Hornby MK2s but they’re few and far between! Not too sure on the length, I’d like a full length rake and a rake if mk3s but with four foot I’m not sure. Any suggestions? I’m thinking maybe an 86, a first, second and a DBSO, not sure I’ve got room for much more at the minute! 

I think it’s got to be first great eastern, I would like to do the “ONE” one but think that may be too much of a celebrity, if you can have a celebrity unit! 

Thanks for the follow!

More progress this evening as I’ve butchered a poor 150 to power the 321, just got to finish milling off the corners then it will fit perfectly under the pantograph carriage with the underframe detail to be glued on as well. Will post some photos of my FrankenEMU chassis tomorrow - hopefully get it running! 

Thanks,

Will

A 1st, 2nd, and DBSO might be the best starting point with limited fiddle length at each end. Do you have plans for longer yards in the future?

Other option is to treat them as stock moves or 'short sets' filling in for a shortage of D/EMUs. Anglia have form for this from prior to the more recent versions using 2 locomotives; single 31 pulling a small number of mk2s was used for a while in the early days, even borrowed a 50 to head it at one point. I think the coaches were still in IC livery rather than Anglia, but it was after privatisation, and rule 1 always applies :)

Good choice with First GE 'swoops', I've got a 312 to do like that some point, not a livery that's remembered much anymore!

19 hours ago, dj_crisp said:

Your 321 is looking excellent! And the layout is coming along nicely too!

Please keep the updates flowing as they're motivating me to get on with some projects this weekend.

cheers

Will

Thanks Will much appreciated! Looking forward to your update! 

17 hours ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

A 1st, 2nd, and DBSO might be the best starting point with limited fiddle length at each end. Do you have plans for longer yards in the future?

Other option is to treat them as stock moves or 'short sets' filling in for a shortage of D/EMUs. Anglia have form for this from prior to the more recent versions using 2 locomotives; single 31 pulling a small number of mk2s was used for a while in the early days, even borrowed a 50 to head it at one point. I think the coaches were still in IC livery rather than Anglia, but it was after privatisation, and rule 1 always applies :)

Good choice with First GE 'swoops', I've got a 312 to do like that some point, not a livery that's remembered much anymore!

Thanks SG, 

I think the DMU/EMU with stock moves is a fantastic idea. I do have plans to increase the yards but that won’t be until December at the earliest. We’ll have to see if that materialised or not!

Looking forward to the 312!

Will

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Layout is coming along nicely there Will.. I am interested in any up and coming layouts which have advanced OHLE (something more than just the basic PECO/Dapol masts) on them.. I too have my modelling experts working on russelling me some N-Brass gantries as I am sick of waiting for the PECO multi-track ones which I saw back last year which frankly werent even fit for purpose as a demonstrator, yes, they looked great, but were simply too low to accomodate a pantograph in use.  I will, needless to say, be following your progress with interest.

Kat 

Johnson Street IEMD

Edited by DBC90024
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope FC brought all of the railway related presents you were after! 

Due to a recent house move progress has been slow of late - but I’ve finally got the LaserGlaze into my 47, after the first two coats of yellow. This afternoon I got out my tamiya masking tape (can’t recommend it enough) and got the first coat of DRS blue on the sides of the loco - definitely needs a second coat but pretty happy so far! 

0C3A44EF-6C38-44F5-8013-77BEBC5E5EE0.jpeg.08395cb4f64b4945136a718c25b6e469.jpeg

Another batch of IPA arrived yesterday which allowed me to strip my freightliner 90 down to the bare plastic. After an overnight clean the 90 has been primed ready for painting into 90024 in GNER blue. A big thanks to Precision decals who did a custom stripe with the numbers on for me! Can’t wait to get it on the side of the loco. 

B8B842CE-6DB6-4B54-9580-59C39E4EF4FC.jpeg.f3accfe6864a772582771c4b7367d08c.jpeg

Happy Modelling! 

Will

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2019 at 18:35, Jack374 said:

Looking good Will, Merry Christmas!!

Jack.

thanks Jack - hope you had a good Christmas! 

A small bit of progress on 90024 - first coat of GNER Blue has been applied. Not quite dark enough yet but you get the idea - what a livery! 

A3D4ABAF-6CDC-43B1-9168-99DB43280687.jpeg.0aa1e9834d9ddae71abca4f65e131315.jpeg

A few more coats to go then onto the yellow.

Will

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Unfortunately there’s been no real progress on the layout since October time last year. Having moved house unfortunately I can’t take the layout with me as it’s just too big to set up and store without a garage. I have put out on Instagram and Twitter that I’m open to offers on the layout as I’d love to see it finished but can’t see myself finishing it. The layout is 10ftx18 inches (two 5ft boards) with 4ft fiddle yards, with completed hand built OO track. If you’d be interested in taking the layout please drop me a PM and we can discuss!

Thanks,

Will

• Friendly/supportive 3

• 1 month later...
On 25/01/2020 at 12:39, Jack374 said:

Sad to hear this Will, but hopefully a new owner can be found and the layout can be finished. You need a new project to keep you occupied! :yes:

All the best,

Jack.

Thanks for the kind words Jack and hope you’re keeping well! I’ve made a move to the “dark side” of EM gauge on a smaller project, progress can be found here;

I’m also pleased to report that Barham went to its new owner on Saturday and hopefully will be set up and progressed in the near future. Thanks to all who followed the progress of the build on here.

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 4