South Gallions, sarf of the London River in the 50's

Ian Blenk

Help, probably posting in the wrong place but, I want to convert a Jinty to a condensing type for cross town traffic (not the one pictured) I cannot find a decent picture of the tank tops to show positions of fillers or flange detail of the condensing pipes, can anyone help?. Many thanks guys

Ian B

20.JPG

• Like 5

Making some progress on the canal and dock gates. Putting the girders on the underside of the bridge will be fun. I will make them as one unit on a piece of plasticard and slot it in place I am in two minds whether to put a lighter alongside. There will be a footbridge at this end of the canal so it may look a little 'busy'

21.JPG

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

I wasn't going to have a P Class as I think they are a bit twee, but hey-ho.

Did the S.R. disc head codes equate to head lamps on the rest of the railways? Probably not. Where could i find out where they should go?  

Many thanks as ever

Ian B

29.JPG

30.JPG

• Like 9

On 19/10/2020 at 19:56, ianblenk said:

Help, probably posting in the wrong place but, I want to convert a Jinty to a condensing type for cross town traffic (not the one pictured) I cannot find a decent picture of the tank tops to show positions of fillers or flange detail of the condensing pipes, can anyone help?. Many thanks guys

Ian B

20.JPG

There  are several pictures from various  angles on www.rail-online. I think about 50 or 60 ran with condensers at one point so you should be able to find what you want. 

www.rail-online.co.uk/p361037592/h4dbcb056#h4dbcb056

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, jazzer said:

There  are several pictures from various  angles on www.rail-online. I think about 50 or 60 ran with condensers at one point so you should be able to find what you want. 

www.rail-online.co.uk/p361037592/h4dbcb056#h4dbcb056

Thanks for that, very useful, I am drawing breath to take the saw to a Bachmann body to straighten the bunker and also file in the inverted curve to the side tanks for'd of the cab, wish me luck!

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, ianblenk said:

Thanks for that, very useful, I am drawing breath to take the saw to a Bachmann body to straighten the bunker and also file in the inverted curve to the side tanks for'd of the cab, wish me luck!

I have found pictures on rail-online of 47227 and 47203 on transfer freights at London Bridge and Holborn Viaduct respectively so there are your prototype examples ! 
I wish you well with the saw and file. You are a braver man than me ! Look forward to photos of the result

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, jazzer said:

The Roxey NOL really looks the part. It enhances what was already a cracking layout. Great modelling.

Sorry that's not the NOL it's a BIL, still busy with the NOL, it's going OK busy with the bogies, needed a few mods to get bits to fit!

11 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I adore the period switches on the fascia! I'm sorry you feel you've done enough here, but look forward to the next layout. 

I think they were bought at Woolworths sometime in the 60's, waste not want not! .

Edited by Ian Blenk
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bustered said:

Happy holidays Ian, thanks for showing the layout’s progress throughout the year. It’s been inspiring to see it develop and it looks great. Must dig out my third rail stuff.....!

Best wishes

Nige

Thank-you very much. All the best to you & yours for the New Year!