Sprouting Foliage!

Help!  What is this stuff??

Applied some Woodland Scenics Olive Green Bush FC144 to a corner of my layout 2 days ago and it appears to be growing white fungus?

The packet is several years old and has been stored opened but  in an airtight metal caddy, my immediate guess is that it's PVA glue (which it is stuck down with) working its way through the material?

It's never happened before, and I guess I'll be ripping it up and starting again...

IMG_20190206_172002.jpg

IMG_20190206_172024.jpg

EvoStick Exterior PVA glue (blue bottle) dries similar...What glue have have you used and what was stored in the tin before you used it for scenics? 

Woodlands scenics is pretty stable and typically good quality...to me this looks like a reaction resulting in salts forming like efflorescence on concrete?

• Thanks 1

Hi Rich, 

The glue is Wilko interior PVA, and the tin has only had packets of flock and similar scenic sponge contained in it.

The white blobs are wet and tacky (like glue) and seem to be getting bigger and more widespread!  The bush material was moistened prior to positioning, but I've always done that without this happening...?

4 hours ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

It's life Jim, but not as we know it. Consign it to the purifying fire before it spreads to other organic materials.

I'm waiting to see if it will evolve far enough to discover fire by itself.....

• Funny 4