Recycling an old layout? - NOW FREE to a good home

18 hours ago, OOman said:

Nice work on weathering the sleepers Marc. I like the idea of using felt pens, are the permanent or normal run of the mill felt pens.

Thanks OOman - still looks a bit "scruffy" to my eye - but I'll do some more "softening" and blending of colours once I've started to decide which bits of track are to be overgrown, and to what extent...
Yes, I've used felt pens before in modelling. I've also seen some nice work done by people who use chalk - especially for weathering. Must try using chalks more myself

• Like 3

On 17/07/2019 at 09:05, marc smith said:

Yes, I've used felt pens before in modelling.

Starting to look really good Marc. I've never even thought of using felt tips for this kind of work but it is a technique I think I will give a try. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2019 at 20:21, DanielB said:

Any update on this Marc? I've always been a fan of your work, and this is no exception. :)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your very kind words - that means a lot
I promise that one day, I will have time to do something again - I fully intend to get back into modelling, as I have so many ideas and design concepts I want to try out...

Though apologies are in order, once again I've had no modelling time at all. Work, other stuff, life, and an unwell parent, together with playing music have all reduced my time available for modelling
I was just thinking, I may even be tempted to move this uncompleted project on

Free to a good home, to anyone who can collect....

• Friendly/supportive 3