Spares department

SweenyTod1

I have to thank Bachmann spares folk for their recent service. I have a split chassis V1/V3 tank that had very wobberly front and centre drivers. I found that the insulated bearings had cracked allowing the quartering to fail. One email to ask about availability of getting spares, a response next day with costs/P&P and a phone number to call and two days later, they arrived. I'm surprised they still keep such spares, but delighted they do with excellent and fast service. So a very BIG thank you to you all at Bachmann from me.

Tod

• Like 1

So pleased to report that with a little fettling and getting the quartering correct with the right hand crank leading, My V1 is smoothe as silk, back in service on the layout. The body needs to be re-liveried back to LNER, source some brake rods and vacuum pipes to complete the whole project. However in it's late crest weathered condition, it looks good.........for now! Getting it mechanically sound was the main objective and that has definitely been achieved, thanks to Bachmann spares.

Happy modelling,

Tod

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, richscylla said:

What are the contact details for them?

Use the “Contact us” on their website and it will direct you through to the spares department.

I have to say, every time I've used their spares department they've come up trumps, whether it was a complete cylinder and valve gear assembly for an Ivatt 4MT or replacing a missing detail pack from a second hand model.

Me too I contacted them in November about obtaining some plastic drive shafts for a 37 one of the original version models 37431 and they replied the same day. I left it until January to order 2 pairs on the Wednesday and they arrived in the post the next day.

Cheers Paul 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another thumbs-up for the first class service from the Spares Dept. Sent email Sunday for availability of the fine-flanged Crab driving wheels and got a reply by 10.30 am Monday. The new set should be with me Wednesday, great service. I wish I had used this before buying another Crab, but then can you have too many?

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, faa77 said:

Sorry to be negative, but they didn't have any of the cab windows which continually fall out of the class 47. I was told they don't keep those here. Silly really, given how often they fall out.

Have you considered Laserglaze?

I have had very good support from Bachmann Technical Services department these last twelve months.  As well as the usual nylon insulators I have received a complete replacement body shell for a ten year old diesel, a coal load and a replacement motor for another plus ten year old model and some detail parts for a diesel bogie.  I was told that they don't keep boxes and packaging.  I say - thank you Jenni and colleagues.

Ray

• Informative/Useful 1