Far Wittering - inspiration from a 1984 Railway Modeller

Booking Hall

• 1 year later...
On 13/05/2019 at 20:23, Booking Hall said:

For the light railway look I'm aiming for, I fancied having a small corrugated iron building as the station, located at the station yard entrance rather than on the platform. This follows the original designers intentions also. One of my all-time favourite films is 'Oh, Mr Porter!', which was filmed at Cliddesden on the Basingstoke to Alton line, and I found that a card model design download for this actual building was available from http://www.amodelrailway.co.uk/shop/index.html for a very modest sum, so one was duly acquired. Having started it I'm not too happy with the way the corrugations are modelled, so I've decided to use the design as a template and clad it with scale corrugated sheets. The plastic offerings from the trade are too thick so I'm having a go at making my own by using a door threshold strip as a former, rubbing some foil from a takeaway container with a finely pointed stick. The corrugations are just 1mm apart, which is exactly to scale. I have to say though, crouched on the floor in a doorway is not the most comfortable way of modelling, so tomorrow I'm off to B&Q to buy a new strip I can fix to the bench!

93.JPG

94.JPG

Thats a great way to make corrugated sheets never thought of that lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

If you have the time and inclination, it would be lovely to see your images restored to this thread, as the automatic restoration of suchlike appears to be more and more unlikely, and there are so many inspirational pictures in your thread as well!

Delighted to see you modelling and posting once again.

Steve S 

Hi Steve, having not been on RMweb for such a long time, it was quite a shock to see that most of the pictures had disappeared. I know how annoying it is to look at another thread and see only icons where there should be a photo, so it is perhaps something I ought to make good in my own contributions!

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. Although I haven't been doing much personal modelling, I have been working on the club layout for the last year, now that we are able to meet again.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

12 hours ago, Booking Hall said:

I know how annoying it is to look at another thread and see only icons where there should be a photo, so it is perhaps something I ought to make good in my own contributions!

Which is a timely reminder to myself to pull my finger out and restore as many of my own thread photos as possible! (Guilty as charged, M’lud!)

3 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Which is a timely reminder to myself to pull my finger out and restore as many of my own thread photos as possible! (Guilty as charged, M’lud!)

I've been busy with mine too, unfortunately Cloud has managed to lose some of the photos from my previous phone.

It's not as difficult as you may think and I have a couple of hundred pages.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1