Newbie. From scratch.

JimRhodo

The building continues to evolve. The border post cabin is now a  coffee kiosk and the single span footbridge is now two separate bridges. The red waiting room stroke shack is beginning to grate so I looked up 1930s LNER livery. Brown footbridge? Not too sure. Cream and green buildings: wife liked it I’ve had great fun with some 1930 cars.: see below for racing Bentley and Austin Seven. 

• Funny 3

Footbridge. I went for the brown. Darker than intended but I’m really pleased with the steps. I was wondering how on Earth to do steps but in the end balsa wood and superglue did it. Not up to the fantastic craftsmanship I’ve seen on forum but a lot better than I hoped for. 

Did some scatter grass. Looks like bog grass in places   and waiting for later attempts to dry. 

EEDFB0E0-78FA-45DC-B578-6E0263B7F9E2.png

• Like 1

Frustration. 

Ive more or less got the Flying Scotsman running okay but the wee Highland Rambler is chugging along in fits and starts. Clockwise it comes off the track by the points at full speed with wagons and anticlockwise the engine is a bit intermittent and unreliable. Do you think it’s just glue ballast and hairspray? I’ve been cleaning the track forever. 

• 2 weeks later...

That’s the end of the series. Now just to finish fences, puddles, clear up and decide what to do with the hill left of the chapel hill. Maybe get some ducks for the pond and farm animals or domestic bits. My mum thinks it’s all a bit masculine and needs some softening. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/05/2019 at 22:45, JimRhodo said:

That’s the end of the series. Now just to finish fences, puddles, clear up and decide what to do with the hill left of the chapel hill. Maybe get some ducks for the pond and farm animals or domestic bits. My mum thinks it’s all a bit masculine and needs some softening. 

Get some flowers for it; your mum will love them!  A cat dozing somewhere always goes down well as well.

Edited by The Johnster

• 1 month later...

Crossing the Border 

It’s 1937, Scotland, between the wars. Scotland is seceding from Great Britain and will be known as the Republic of Alba. With world war imminent, Unionists are trying to slow or stop separation. The Stone of Scone has become more than a symbol and is now the sign of Scottish rule. Unionists steal it as it makes its way to Edinburgh. When a Scottish general intercepts them they make a deal that the winner of a contest will take the stone. General Lamorale is set to win but a Unionist sabotages his car. The Unionists win but only by theft and cheating. The moral victory is Alba’s. 

This does not reflect my politics by the way. The music is Egmont by Beethoven. Egmont aka General Lamoral was a Dutch Lord when Spain ruled Holland in the 16th century. He was loyal to Spain but protested against introducing the Inquisition to Dutch religion when anti Spanish iconoclasm developed. He believed the justice of his cause would prevail but he was killed by the authorities. His noble death inspired in part the eighty years war against Spanish rule. Ironically Alba is the duke who the King of Spain sent to quell the Dutch Revolt. 

Edited by JimRhodo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...