If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

cheap and cheerful

AndrewP

My 4 year old boy was given a very basic OO set for Christmas and we are just looking to build it up, i was amazed at the cost of things, especially with a 4 year old who doesn't really mind what things look like. Just wondering if anyone has any old stuff that they don't need to add to the layout or any bits of track/points they don't want. I'm in Buxton, Derbyshire, and would be willing to come and pick up. Thanks Andy. 

• RMweb Premium

Keep an eye out for toy fairs, trhere are often bargains to be had. Otherwise, car boots,perhaps, and some markets have the odd stallholder with something to offer. There is a thread on here about casual traders, here :

Regards

Ian

• Like 1

Cheshire models in Macclesfield sell used model railways on behalf of the local model railway club. Just over the hill for you. 

And i I echo the sentiment regarding flea markets etc.

Edited by ianmacc
Added info
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

Cheshire models in Macclesfield sell used model railways on behalf of the local model railway club. Just over the hill for you. 

And i I echo the sentiment regarding flea markets etc.

sadly don't do model railways any more - i called end of January and teh owner said they stopped model railways at Christmas :(

7 hours ago, AndrewP said:

sadly don't do model railways any more - i called end of January and teh owner said they stopped model railways at Christmas :(

Pm me I have a friend about an hour from you with lots of cheap Hornby and Lima secondhand perfect for small hands. Would post now but it’s silly o clock and feeding the baby!!

• Like 1