Query About a Shapeways Product

I have on order a tiny motorised bogie for an N gauge layout and planned to scratch buid a loco body, but I discovered something I believe would be suitable on the Shapeways website under the Tyneside Models name.  Before ordering, I need to aska question so I have created an account and contacted Shapeways.  I got a very prompt response saying they were unable to help me as I need to ask the designer and gave brief instructions.  Follwoing the instructions took me to a forum (which did not seem appropriate) but I posted the question anyway earlier today.  Now, when I log on to that forum, i cannot find my post.  Can someone please tell me the correct procedure?

Thanks,

Harold

Thanks Richard, but I followed Shapeways instructions and got the result set out in my original post.  I also Googled Tyneside Models and got the same link.  I have just tried again and, no matter what I do, I end up being offered the Shapeways forum as the means of posing my question.

Something is not right.

Harold.

Thank you gentlemen.  Yes, that is the button I used.  I have just tried it again and I am requested to log in to Shapeways which then presents me with an opportunity to start a new conversation.

Now,, if I select "Conversations", my question appears and shows it has been read by two people but there is no reply so far.

Sorry, but you misunderstand our advice. Yes, logging in to Shapeways reveals the forum, but that is not where you need to go to ask a question of one, specific designer.

Try this sequence:

1. Log in (controls at top right of page), but ignore the forum.
  2. Go back to the shop about which you have a question.
  3. Press the send-message button.
  4. Since you are now logged in, you should get a form for sending a private message to the designer.

Guy, Just tried following your instructions.  Googling Tynesdie Models comes up with Shapeways.com/shops/. . .  Selecting that, gives me a page headed Shapeways, below shich is Tyneside Models name and the name of the proprietor followed by "Send Message" in an oval box.  If I click on that, another Shapeways page appears with "Start a New Conversation" then "To Tyneside Models".  Is that what you expect?  It looks like the page I completed last week although I cannot remember whether the name of the shop appeared on that occasion.

I just sent a message to Tyneside Models via Shapeways to let them know Harold has been trying to contact them.

I can understand Harold's issues as the message appears as a Forum "conversation" with 2 "members" but there is no confirmation of the recipient's identity.  

The messaging system is all a bit vague.

I am not a regular Shapeways customer, but I do have a login. I do order fairly frequently from i.Materialise, because I prefer their Standard Resin material.

That's kind of you Richard - many thanks.

I have just checked the Tyneside Models messaging site and find my post is there (twice now), both have been viewed twice (once must be by me) but no reply as yet.  Thank you for the link to Narrow Planet - I see they do a similar loco kit for £125 including a motor bogie and postage but it is out of stock.

I will keep looking.

Harold.

As a Shapeways shop owner - when you send a message to a designer, the designer gets an email message, and a notification of an alert on his page when logged in, good designers will reply, it may not be immediately as nearly all of us have day jobs and this is a hobby. There are also an amount of designers that will just not reply.

Shapeways are unable to answer any questions about individual models as they have not had any design input and can only answer printing questions.

Hope that helps.

A couple of years ago I found that emails generated by Shapeways(updates, selling, and messages)were not getting through, butdirect ones from Shapeways support were getting through.Not certain why, but I created a new email account, and have had no problems(as far as I know)since, so just because someone sends a message, it is 100% certain they will actually arrive. Always worth trying an alternative contact method if you don't get a reply.