Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Not sure if it’s allowed on here but DB Models in Bourne, Lincs was expecting a delivery of TPE Class 68’s from Dapol that afternoon when I was visiting a few days ago.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Here's a rather unique version / destination... 

IMG_6381a.jpg

One for the Revolution guys... as they've done both in 'n', taken around 6.40 am on Friday 11th Jan...

There's a Bletchley in the same place.....

Transpennine Express Mk.5A Rake TP09 & Class 68, 68032

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, newbryford said:

There's a Bletchley in the same place.....

Transpennine Express Mk.5A Rake TP09 & Class 68, 68032

Cheers,

Mick

Same unit same day, just further down the line.

I understand the LED display is not configured correctly.

the doors weren't all working either, they opened most of them in the centre road, but not all opened, and not longer after it left there was a block put on the centre roads and down platform whilst someone went on the track to retrieve an object.

I was there to take the last 37/4 railtour to Carnforth, coincidentally i arrived around 4-5am on the down Lowlander sleeper, behind 92018, in GBRF Europorte livery (also on my Accurascale radar now).

inbetween an interesting dozen freights, including a smoky 70/8 on VTG tanks, this 3xxx working pop up in RTT, and as i’d spent most of the night alone on the station.. suddenly i was swarmed by enthusiasts and this 68 and mk5’s showed up, hung around for an hour and headed south.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

These should be popular and excellent models, it's a welcome announcement, sadly not one I can justify splashing out on though.

...I can't help wondering if maybe instead of an accurate driving trailer, could they make a less ugly one and show CAF how it should be done?!!  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

A couple of questions, if I may...

Wil you be offering a deposit and part-payments on the coaches sets?

Will you be looking to colour match the Dapol class 68s? Hoping we avoid another "Colourgate" along the lines of the Oxford Mk 3 coaches.

Thanks in advance,

Roy

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

A couple of questions, if I may...

Wil you be offering a deposit and part-payments on the coaches sets?

Will you be looking to colour match the Dapol class 68s? Hoping we avoid another "Colourgate" along the lines of the Oxford Mk 3 coaches.

Thanks in advance,

Roy

Hi Roy,

We’re not sure yet re deposit scheme for coaches, but we’ll have a decision made ahead of the pre-order launch.

The colour of the coaches will be based on the correct codes provided by Serco and TPE so will be correct on the models. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, 071 said:

Hi Roy,

We’re not sure yet re deposit scheme for coaches, but we’ll have a decision made ahead of the pre-order launch.

The colour of the coaches will be based on the correct codes provided by Serco and TPE so will be correct on the models. 

Cheers!

Fran

Always a dangerous subject, colour. Using the technically correct colours could make them look wrong. You are painting onto a different material, at a different density on something that will usually be seen in artificial light.

• RMweb Premium

Well Fran, I hope Accurascale are getting commission  from Dapol as thanks to your announcement I've bought a TPE 68. Thought I'd better do it now , as while I'm sure Dapol will release more 68s  it might not be at the same time as your Mk5s.   I had held back as really nothing to run with it. Your announcement I think means that these will sell out faster than anticipated.  Of course that now means I'm committed to your mk5s and I don't even know the price yet (I understand why, that Model Rail spilled the beans before you were ready!)    . Good luck with the venture .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Always a dangerous subject, colour. Using the technically correct colours could make them look wrong. You are painting onto a different material, at a different density on something that will usually be seen in artificial light.

This is true, Joseph but we aim to have the colour as true representations of the real thing and will show these colours off when we get to pre-production stage etc.

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold

Well, there goes my plans not to buy a Dapol TPE 68 :P The Nova 3 rake looks like it will be fantastic, I'll certainly be after one when they are up for pre-order. Probablt won't be able to resist so sort of Caledonian Sleeper formation as well alongside the 92 :P

I read elsewhere that this announcement was due at Model Rail Scotland in a few weeks but was leaked slightly early. Will there be any 3D printed or handpainted samples on display there or was it just going to be the announcement like we have seen online?

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Richy59 said:

Well, there goes my plans not to buy a Dapol TPE 68 :P The Nova 3 rake looks like it will be fantastic, I'll certainly be after one when they are up for pre-order. Probablt won't be able to resist so sort of Caledonian Sleeper formation as well alongside the 92 :P

I read elsewhere that this announcement was due at Model Rail Scotland in a few weeks but was leaked slightly early. Will there be any 3D printed or handpainted samples on display there or was it just going to be the announcement like we have seen online?

Hi Richy

We will have some additional CAD on display on our stand at Glasgow but it is quite early in the project still. Do stop by for a look and a chat if you can. We will of course keep everyone up to day with progress on all these projects on our website, email mailing list, Facebook and of course here on RMWeb!

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Legend said:

Well Fran, I hope Accurascale are getting commission  from Dapol as thanks to your announcement I've bought a TPE 68. Thought I'd better do it now , as while I'm sure Dapol will release more 68s  it might not be at the same time as your Mk5s.   I had held back as really nothing to run with it. Your announcement I think means that these will sell out faster than anticipated.  Of course that now means I'm committed to your mk5s and I don't even know the price yet (I understand why, that Model Rail spilled the beans before you were ready!)    . Good luck with the venture .

Cheers Legend, I know we shouldn’t talk about another companies model but you won’t be disappointed with your 68, they’re a cracking model. Dapol has done them justice and I certainly really like mine!

(My MD is probably going to give out to me for that outburst of praise now. Sorry boss!)

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071
  • Like 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm not really a fan of embargoes , as they never really work, especially with Model Rail , who have history in the old Hornby embargo days  . But it is a shame in a way. This would have been big news at Model Rail Scotland . Looking forward to seeing you guys there . Definitely a breath of fresh air to the hobby.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bob Reid said:

Well hopefully but it'll need a fair bit of re-tooling...

Yes and not just a different paint job.

Hopefully the sleepers will be available in packs along the lines of the different portions. e.g. a basic FtW set then add ons to make up the longer Inv, Abd, lowland portions.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Legend said:

I'm not really a fan of embargoes , as they never really work, especially with Model Rail , who have history in the old Hornby embargo days  . But it is a shame in a way. This would have been big news at Model Rail Scotland . Looking forward to seeing you guys there . Definitely a breath of fresh air to the hobby.

When the teeth stop gnashing and the smoke clears,I think you will find it’s a distribution error on their part,over which no doubt they will hold up their hands and blush 

Shades of July 2014 and the unveiling of Locomotion Models/Bachmann Ivatt Atlantic at Shildon to the press including Ben Jones in his pre Heljan days and other interested parties such as me and Stationmaster Mike. Guess which magazine spilled the beans before the appointed hour ?  No,they didn’t attend as it happened.

Ah well,give them some slack,they are after all sponsors of MR Scotland.No bones broken.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

I think you will find it’s a distribution error on their part,over which no doubt they will hold up their hands and blush 

I'd had reason to check their on-sale and likely subscribers' dates a few weeks back so I know the mag was in line with schedules. Accurascale had planned a run-up to the show and announcement which would have been to the benefit of both. I'll shut up before I get into a proper rant!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, QuoitsPlayer said:

Hi Fran

Will the Transpennine DVT have the glossy finish of the light blue like on the real thing or are you planning a more satin finish?

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

It’s too early in development to say tbh! We’ll see when we get to decoration stage. A good bit away yet!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

video of the TPE departing Carlisle, I'm old fashioned,  it's nice to see "real" trains again, even if they are going backwards :-)

Wouldn't it be nice someday if the Manchester - Glasgow turned into Class 88 and Mark5's too :-)

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1