Mark 5, By Accurascale

1 hour ago, Marcus-Jay said:

And judging by other pics on Faceache, a 37/4! Although that might be on the 68 end only!

37/4 was only used to remove the 68 from the train whilst in the Down refuge and take it to Gresty Bridge depot.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2019 at 19:11, adb968008 said:

So Looking through the list of Mk5 Sleepers on the website, I did spot one glaring omission in the range...

None of them are going to London Euston.

Also for the next couple years Kings Cross is likely to appear as a frequent destination... as a 12 Coach rake, here was last Saturdays 12 CS related workings in and out of KX... it was almost like the old days, with all the LE movements..

Alternative destination...IMG_7769.JPG.3925368e3364bd58506ae4f5cf4fd897.JPG

Configurable LED screens would be sooooooooo cool!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/05/2019 at 16:53, Accurascale Fran said:

We had a busy (but most enjoyable and productive!) day at Glasgow Traincare Centre

We would like to extend a sincere thanks for the staff at Caledonian Sleeper and CAF for facilitating us today, 

...not wishing to put words in your mouth/ on your keyboard, Fran, but not forgetting the hospitality of Alstom Traincare, whose facility this is, and whose safety case and safe working arrangements are in place to enable such activities alongside the scheduled, round-the-clock production plan.

(offered as a former representative for Polmadie CARMD, aka Glasgow Traincare Centre) :D

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

...not wishing to put words in your mouth/ on your keyboard, Fran, but not forgetting the hospitality of Alstom Traincare, whose facility this is, and whose safety case and safe working arrangements are in place to enable such activities alongside the scheduled, round-the-clock production plan.

(offered as a former representative for Polmadie CARMD, aka Glasgow Traincare Centre) :D

You're absolutely correct, a great bunch of lads and a sincere thanks to them too! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on this project; now the 92 has been safely dispatched to China the CAD work is well under way on the Mark 5 project again. We did some bits around the TPE Driving trailer as you may remember, and now we are hard at work completing that and the rest of the Mark 5 fleet. Once we have the CAD progressed sufficiently in the coming weeks we will share some renders with you. File it under 'lots of work quietly going on it the background' for now. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Got a Colas 56 then that’s fine for your TPE MK5s!

0949F5A7-6FD7-4F92-842F-F7091C157634.jpg

(ok a bit of a cheat as that’s one of the electric units behind but 56049 was used today to move the MK5s around in crewe LNWR) 

Coupling adapter on the 56

B03CE3F9-5AA3-4C48-908D-E342B6515879.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Correct me if I am wrong but that looks like the Class 56 is hauling a Class 397 EMU judging from the position of the passenger door is located on the driving unit that the Class 56 is attached to. Still that won't stop me from using a Hornby Class 60 on my TPE Mk5's though haha! :jester:.

4 hours ago, BritishRail60062 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but that looks like the Class 56 is hauling a Class 397 EMU judging from the position of the passenger door is located on the driving unit that the Class 56 is attached to. Still that won't stop me from using a Hornby Class 60 on my TPE Mk5's though haha! :jester:.

Jim did say the 56 was attached to an EMU.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KDG said:

Jim did say the 56 was attached to an EMU.

Correct. But anyway. In the world of the model railways. I follow the rules of "what you fancy does your good" and I quite like the idea of shoving a Class 60 at the other end of a TPE Mk5's as a break from the norm and just for a bit of fun really mate.

Nope!!

I've got 6 months to find one 'though!!

I'll get there.

My own fault - I dithered when I purchased my original DRS 68, which I later sold - nothing wrong, just 'moved on with the intention of' ... getting a TPE, eventually, then ... 

I'll get there - it's obviously Accurascale's fault for bringing these coaches out ... Dapol need to get on the same hymn sheet.

Perhaps their run has been exhausted and even the moulds 'moved on' / destroyed .... surely not!!

Al.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

42 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Nope!!

I've got 6 months to find one 'though!!

I'll get there.

My own fault - I dithered when I purchased my original DRS 68, which I later sold - nothing wrong, just 'moved on with the intention of' ... getting a TPE, eventually, then ... 

I'll get there - it's obviously Accurascale's fault for bringing these coaches out ... Dapol need to get on the same hymn sheet.

Perhaps their run has been exhausted and even the moulds 'moved on' / destroyed .... surely not!!

Al.

‘I wouldn’t stress about getting a TPE class 68....  don’t go paying silly money on thief bay... Dapol will no doubt release more TPE liveried locos... it’s a simple matter of demand/profits....

i seem to recall they said they would release a model of every class 68 built when they announced their plans to produce the model..... I think there will be 14 TPE class 68’s, so there will be plenty of options for Dapol.

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It's DCC fitted - which I could keep as, if interested (I'm not - too much £££) run DC with the intention of eventually upgrading, or sell on, but I prefer 'the wait' ...

Looking at some of the TPE Class 68 names - they're brilliant - not that 'Brutus' isn't, but 'Destroyer', 'Achilles', 'Centaur', 'Superb', 'Enterprise' to name a few !!

There might be 'Black Douglas' within FB, but don't get the name.

Al.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, atom3624 said:

There might be 'Black Douglas' within FB, but don't get the name.

68030 Black Douglas

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Douglas,_Lord_of_Douglas

pleasant chap by all accounts..spent most of his time fighting someone somewhere...

Years 1307/8 ...

He soon created a formidable reputation for himself as a soldier and a tactician...

The prisoners were taken to the castle, now largely empty. All the stores were piled together in the cellar, the wine casks burst open and the wood used for fuel. The prisoners were then beheaded and placed on top of the pile, which was set alight. Before departing, the wells were poisoned with salt and the carcasses of dead horses. The local people soon gave the whole gruesome episode the name "the Douglas Larder."

The one that stands out for me, amongst the various class 42/3 & 50’s, and modern US/UK naval vessels such as Daring, Astute & Hornet.. is Felix.... was someone shouting for a cat at the time the guy was writing potential names down ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The one that stands out for me, amongst the various class 42/3 & 50’s, and modern US/UK naval vessels such as Daring, Astute & Hornet.. is Felix.... was someone shouting for a cat at the time the guy was writing potential names down ? 

I believe its named after the Huddersfield Station cat (which I think will be one of the stations the 68s/MK5s will serve) and the fact the 68's are sometimes nicknamed Cats due to their engines :)

• Informative/Useful 1