Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

... or in front of it as well ... !!

Very true. The full train as a formation is going to look incredibly smart. I mean I thought the TPE 68 by Dapol looked smart but adding the MK5s and DT as well is going to create a really bright and eye catching train. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I mean I thought the TPE 68 by Dapol looked smart but adding the MK5s and DT as well is going to create a really bright and eye catching train. 

By Q2 2020 when these models arrive they will have been behind all sorts of locos; 37s, 86s, 66s, and 47s so far I believe. #Rule1 won't be required :laugh_mini:

Looking forward to when my set arrives.. If they keep teasing with images it might be a VERY big box with a full Cally set in there as well... Time to put a kidney on e-bay

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Many thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. It's a herculean project but we are blasting through it and really getting places now, and we're delighted to keep you informed. The Sleeper stock is now underway CAD wise, and should be a shorter design time now we have a lot of common parts already designed. We will keep you up to speed on those too in the coming weeks as we work though them. 

19 hours ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

These look fantastic, I maybe tempted.

We may have something else that will tempt you in the meantime.... https://irishrailwaymodels.com/blogs/announcements/fert-wagons-now-available-to-order

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello, Fran. I wonder if it possible to change my email address. I’m having great problems with my existing email account, so I’m trying to change over to gmail.

Thank you for any help with  this.

Best regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Hello, Fran. I wonder if it possible to change my email address. I’m having great problems with my existing email account, so I’m trying to change over to gmail.

Thank you for any help with  this.

Best regards,

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Can you email us at sales@accurascale.co.uk with your details and we can sort that for you?

Cheers!

Fran

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 24/09/2019 at 15:56, Marcus-Jay said:

By Q2 2020 when these models arrive they will have been behind all sorts of locos; 37s, 86s, 66s, and 47s so far I believe. #Rule1 won't be required :laugh_mini:

Looking forward to when my set arrives.. If they keep teasing with images it might be a VERY big box with a full Cally set in there as well... Time to put a kidney on e-bay

Very true. There is some flexibility with what we can run with them. I am going to buy a TPE MK5 set. The Caledonian Sleeper sets are tempting but then that means buying 92s as well which would make it quite an expensive exercise. Certainly looking forward to running 68s with the TPE set. Hopefully at some point we will see some more Dapol TPE 68s produced. 

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just had my first ride (actually first two rides) on the new Nova coaches today.

very nice to ride in, its so nice not just to have a seat aligned to the window, but a table the same size as the window.

They are very light inside, very airy, the walls almost white. The interior detail will need to be pretty good as prism free glazing and bright interiors will be very revealing !

As these come into service its going to be quite exciting times on the TPE route.. you can hear the 68, 2 coaches back through the double glazing, and especially well in Standedge tunnel !

(Just bragging but Not had that much fun since... yesterday actually as I did 68’s with mk2’s on the Cardenden circuit last night. . my ear drums needed recovery.)

Exciting times ahead !

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Now that the Mk5 services are underway on the highlander I see that the Fort William portion has a seated car, lounge, accessible sleeper and sleeper (or even 2 sleepers). Can you confirm that the Fort William pack from Accurascale will have the correct mix of coaches, as it’s currently listed as 2 x seated and 2 x accessible. 

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Now that the Mk5 services are underway on the highlander I see that the Fort William portion has a seated car, lounge, accessible sleeper and sleeper (or even 2 sleepers). Can you confirm that the Fort William pack from Accurascale will have the correct mix of coaches, as it’s currently listed as 2 x seated and 2 x accessible. 

Hi Tom,

it will have the correct mix of coaches.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We have had a large amount of people asking us about the possibility of asking Dapol doing another Class 68 in TPE livery (and a few asking us to do one RTR ourselves!! No chance!) at recent shows. We asked you to ask Dapol direct, as it's not our place to lobby other manufacturers. It looks like Dapol are listening to you, check this out 

Oh, and if you buy a TPE Class 68 and fancy something to run behind it, step right this way.... :)

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Luckily I already have two but still ordered another one!!

All we need now Fran is a commissioned Caledonian Sleeper 73/9 to go with the Mk5 sleepers I have on order!!

Any rabbits out of the hat on this one ??

John

Hornby’s 73 perhaps ?

• Funny 1

Dapol need to listen to the modelling community again, they do a 73 but unfortunately not the 73/9!

73/9 would have a few opportunities: network rail plain

network rail ultra 73

GBRF

caledonion sleeper

Edited by MrJack47790
  • Agree 2