Mark 5, By Accurascale

7 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Hornby’s 73 perhaps ?

I remember when Lima first announced that. I think there was as much chance of Fell at the time. People really were writing to the magazines saying "who would want a model of that", How things change.

I'll probably be in the market for a set now.   :)

Jason

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, MrJack47790 said:

Dapol need to listen to the modelling community again, they do a 73 but unfortunately not the 73/9!

73/9 would have a few opportunities: network rail plain

network rail ultra 73

GBRF

caledonion sleeper

Apart from the overall shape, I think a 73/9 needs to be tooled from the wheels up as it is that different from a standard 73.

Would love to see an accurate one released though

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Steve, 

The Mark 5s are due in the Summer. I’m glad to say the price should not change when they arrive, and pre-orders won’t close really (unless preorders match production run!) but we can’t guarantee  availability Without a preorder! We take £30 deposits on the packs and should have some news on the sleepers next week.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Steve, 

The Mark 5s are due in the Summer. I’m glad to say the price should not change when they arrive, and pre-orders won’t close really (unless preorders match production run!) but we can’t guarantee  availability Without a preorder! We take £30 deposits on the packs and should have some news on the sleepers next week.

Cheers!

Fran

Ok no worries thanks for the heads up, just wanted test the water but yeah I'll probably dive in sooner rather than later and Dapol better do another run of the TPE 68 ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Hi Fran,

Can you say which OO Mk5a sets are to be produced?

I have an interest in the ones that came via Swindon, so am waiting to see which ones you are releasing before committing to one.

Thanks,

Ixion.

Hi Ixion,

Sure can!

Set 1: TF 11501, TS 12701-12703 and DT 12801
Set 2: TF 11502, TS 12704-12706 and DT 12802

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Set 1: TF 11501, TS 12701-12703 and DT 12801
Set 2: TF 11502, TS 12704-12706 and DT 12802

Hi Fran,

Thanks for that - I presume 'Set 1' = 'Pack 1' on the website; 'Set 2' = 'Pack 2'?

The sad news it that I think it was sets TP09 and TP06 I saw... maybe oneday, perhaps with optional loose plastic wrapping!

But happily - I will add TP01 to a growing list of things to order from you!

At least TP01 would be the 'first' in the series (numerically) which will do me. :)

Hope to place an order very soon!

Keep up the great model work!

Cheers,

Ixion.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, classy52 said:

Hi Fran,

How soon before the pre-orders close on the TPE Mk5 Coach Sets?

Would love to get one but not just yet but don't want to miss out on the pre-order price unless it stays the same after release.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for asking this question Steve. 

I was going to ask as well because with so much arriving in 2020 in the world of model railways I haven't pre-ordered any yet either, although one pack is on my wishlist. 

I will pre-order in the next couple of months once I have narrowed down my rather expensive wishlist for this year. 

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Steve, 

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran, 

Thanks for the reply to Steve and to inform the rest of us too. 

Just to clarify are all of the Transpennine Express and Caledonian Sleeper MK5 sets now due to arrive in Summer 2020? So June/July/August 2020 for arrival now? I'm just asking because I thought they were originally due in Spring/early Summer 2020 (April, May, June). It doesn't matter if the delivery has slipped back slightly I would just like clarification to update my wishlist on when they are due to arrive. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Danny,

We will have further clarity on this soon, but I think the latter end of Q2, (June) is safest to say for now. Watch this space as they say.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran, 

Thanks for the reply and for letting me know. I really appreciate it. 

That's brilliant. I just like to try and keep up with updated delivery dates so I can have the money their for when new products arrive. 

I'm really looking forward to your MK5s in TPE livery. I just know you will do a fantastic job with these. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I know, a rarity but it happens! I have a FL 90 too which hardly ever get on there so I am open to slight variations anyway. It's just space and money at the moment!

I’m going to hurt your wallet if you watch this video...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Here is a look at the CAD renders for the Mark 5 sleepers. This project is now in China and tooling is underway. Of course Chinese New Year has how begin so progress has been halted for a number of weeks, but we will have a full update including when to expect delivery when they arrive back to work.

(Oh and we know the 92 has the wrong coupling, we chose the wrong one to render!)

88298593_CSGroupshot.png.8dd65b11898ab89a9b41afdcad04ee37.png

group_shot.png.2c500f8c2b21171d07b7071f7cf037f8.png

237939845_underskirtshot.png.cd9cd4f404e792d5b88d1e2847240db7.png

Accessible_Coach.png.303a082a560a3d3d11e1f645d720de40.png

Seated_Coach.png.9c5c1cda272071ded584b6d7d1578b2e.png

Club_Coach.png.b016395476325120771d4e2b0520f418.png

Sleeper_Coach.png.7c762f69ca458d2276a060be3546e4ac.png

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, John ks said:

Looking good so far 

One thing I cant see is the couplings

John

Hi John,

Well spotted! China will add this aspect (mech, pocket etc) in their process to our CAD design. We are looking at a variety of close coupling systems at this moment to get best results.

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

What happens when you press the big round button on the roof ??!! :lol:

A ginger biscuit comes out of that hole under the windows.

- its a chocolate in first class

:rolleyes:

(on the real thing its a delay repay form).

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

On 07/12/2019 at 04:04, Steamport Southport said:

I remember when Lima first announced that. I think there was as much chance of Fell at the time. People really were writing to the magazines saying "who would want a model of that", How things change.

I'll probably be in the market for a set now.   :)

Jason

Times have indeed changed. I remember reviews wondering at Hornby’s choice of the Class 23 to model. The reason, of course, was that it fitted (more or less, in the fashion of those days) standard Hornby parts which had been used for other models.