Mark 5, By Accurascale

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

They look awesome!

Q2 is OK with me, I'd rather they were right and to be honest I have a lot of stuff coming this back end/early next year.

Are those lights in the loco end, and are they functional?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for that. We agree, we want them to be right as that will be the most important thing long term.

Yes indeed, the lights on the driving trailer wll be functional and directional etc. 

Cheers!

Fran

18 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Yes indeed, the lights on the driving trailer wll be functional and directional etc.

I meant the end the loco fastens to:

image.png.ab4b798ff45a2d8fa35c697a13880f71.png

I doubt there would be many reasons to go to the trouble of making them functional if indeed that is what they are. Could well be a coincidental choice of colour for a different part in the CAD.

7 minutes ago, McC said:

Hi Tom

They are indeed the end tail lights. They are fully functional.

How does that work? 2 decoders, through wires, magnetic like the saloon lights or do they shine all the time?

Edited by TomScrut

Just fully read your flyer and too be honest quite welcome the delayed release considering the amount you've put into this project and the transparency you've given us is simply outstanding for a manufacturer.

I was only going to buy one set to go with my pre-ordered TPE 68032 'Destroyer' but now will double that to 2 sets using the DRS 68034 which I have already for that operational variety.

Edited by classy52
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, classy52 said:

double that to 2 sets

The thing is that I think layouts look better with the functionality of being able to run 2 trains of the same type simultaneously. That's why I have 2 LNER 800s on order as well. York station for example there are loads of instances where there are multiple Azumas there. And I bet it will be the same once the 68s are running properly too (i.e. full service schedule from Scarborough and also doing the Redcar route)

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

The CADs in the email/on your website look superb, very much looking forward to these. :senile:

Following Tom's question regarding loco-end lights on the TPE set(s), are these (and interior lights) battery powered or powered from the track? And if they’re track powered, is this through a decoder or 'hard wired' (for want of a better phrase) and directly switchable through the 'magic wand'? Apologies if this has been asked/answered previously, I’m simply curious!

...And as for the delay, my view is that they’ll then be the best the Accurascale crew can produce, so well worth the wait. It also means I’ve got a while longer to decide whether I need/can justify/can afford a longer sleeper rake...... :scratchhead:

Thanks,

Jack.

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Jack374 said:

The CADs in the email/on your website look superb, very much looking forward to these. :senile:

Following Tom's question regarding loco-end lights on the TPE set(s), are these (and interior lights) battery powered or powered from the track? And if they’re track powered, is this through a decoder or 'hard wired' (for want of a better phrase) and directly switchable through the 'magic wand'? Apologies if this has been asked/answered previously, I’m simply curious!

...And as for the delay, my view is that they’ll then be the best the Accurascale crew can produce, so well worth the wait. It also means I’ve got a while longer to decide whether I need/can justify/can afford a longer sleeper rake...... :scratchhead:

Thanks,

Jack.

Hi Jack,

Many thanks for that!

The lights are powered from the track with a big capacitor in each coach to prevent light flickering over dirty track etc. It is directly switchable through the magic wand.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

Really looking forward to this now! It's great that you've spent time and money in getting the models spot on. That shows great dedication to your work and means we're getting a superb up-to-the-minute model to run on our layouts!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Fran, keep the updates coming.

This is still looking like the model railway addition we've all been waiting for, and fantastic attention to detail.

It is what it is, and I think everyone is prepared to wait that little bit longer for a model of such quality and detail.

Al.

• Like 3

Just read the email  from Accurascale, not bad news, it just shows that Accurascale want to make sure everything is correct, not many i,if any, would have gone to all the trouble to change the Cads etc also thanks to the manufacturers assisting in all the changes. Plus the changes costs have not cost us the purchaser any extra.

I ordered these coaches [TPE} as soon as they were announced. and the delay is not as bad as it could have been, other manufactures have taken years to bring promised models for purchase.

Finally thank you for the detailed email sent out and the honesty you have shown anr the goodwill to us the purchasers

• Like 1

It is quite interesting to see that the delays are being accepted as OK in this regard whereas other companies get slated for being late. Is this because AS are good at communicating about it? As in actually telling us about it rather than announcing stuff and then 4 years later we are wondering where it is?

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

It is quite interesting to see that the delays are being accepted as OK in this regard whereas other companies get slated for being late. Is this because AS are good at communicating about it? As in actually telling us about it rather than announcing stuff and then 4 years later we are wondering where it is?

The answer is in your question...

• Like 2