Mark 5, By Accurascale

I do have a supplementary question: Will magnetic coupling hold a full rake of 14 without coming apart? I assume there will be at least the possibility of exchanging couplings (at one end minimum) to bog-standard ones?

Cheers,

Philip

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Philou said:

I do have a supplementary question: Will magnetic coupling hold a full rake of 14 without coming apart? I assume there will be at least the possibility of exchanging couplings (at one end minimum) to bog-standard ones?

Cheers,

Philip

Standard tension locks will be included, as well as fixed bar versions for those who don't wish to uncouple,

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

These look very cool.

Q. Will you supply cables to allow modelling the electrical connections between the coaches or will it be possible to remove the “docked” ones so they can be connected up ?

love the axle hubs on the wheels.. thats extreme detail on a coach.

Ive ordered 2 sets but feel a full 16 coming on... 

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Seriously, etched grills on the underside? You guys seem to go above and beyond...

Roy

My thoughts exactly....c’mon chaps.....opening sliding doors next? ;)

D4383C4F-E6D8-4ADD-8313-FA4C4DFACE43.jpeg.121e1406631c57621a8cbbb102ba0552.jpeg

Crazy detail......never get seen but I love it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

My thoughts exactly....c’mon chaps.....opening sliding doors next? ;)

D4383C4F-E6D8-4ADD-8313-FA4C4DFACE43.jpeg.121e1406631c57621a8cbbb102ba0552.jpeg

Crazy detail......never get seen but I love it.

Instead of mirrors under bridges to make layouts look bigger, we will have to start putting them under the track so we can all see whats on the bottom of Accurascale stuff!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Absolutely jaw-dropping models you've got there. I mean, I think we've all got high expectations from you guys with your previous models setting the benchmark. But just from these engineering samples, quality really does shine through. Amazing.

I think I need a new wallet...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I have to say that these are going to look fantastic behind 92s, 73s and 68s. 

I have pre-ordered a TPE set and these will certainly make an impressive rake of coaches behind an equally impressive and powerful Dapol Class 68. 

I'm also really impressed with the lighting inside the coaches, because they don't look too bright, but at the same time they aren't too dull, which makes it's noticeable that they are switched on. The amount of detailing underneath the coaches is fantastic, and even though some of it won't be seen, it provides really good value for money, and it shows the lengths that Accurascale have gone to. Well done team. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, McC said:

Standard tension locks will be included, as well as fixed bar versions for those who don't wish to uncouple,

I think it might be a good idea to supply an extra pair to fasten to the loco. I know they don't have Dellners in real life but in the case.of the TPE ones in push pull, kinematic couplers don't tend to get on well with tension locks in compression.

I do like the design of those magnetic couplers. One weakness of the Hunt ones is they bend over too easily when pushing, especially with kinematic couplers. Having 2 magnets spaced apart should help.

• Like 1

Would Accurascale consider using the magnets as a means of providing continuous power between coaches? I'm thinking a DCC chip in one coach and operating Door Lock Lights in all of them - or am I over-thinking this?

Cheers,

Philip

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Philou said:

Would Accurascale consider using the magnets as a means of providing continuous power between coaches? I'm thinking a DCC chip in one coach and operating Door Lock Lights in all of them - or am I over-thinking this?

Cheers,

Philip

With every coach carrying pickups and an onboard PowerPack Capacitor Bank, there is no need to improve power supply. You can certainly hack them to work as you suggest though.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

S-Express! A first look at our TPE Mark 5 Coaches

1978455666_TPEDT2.jpg.7ddb5bf168e02fe11b94c633925b726d.jpg

1527352131_TPET36.jpg.f8b935ce297be8e8498266346e195620.jpg

872259670_TPET23.jpg.2fe4332ba925bfd6d587616c8602dff5.jpg313394457_TPET17.jpg.594828228bcdaf4c7ec564d2e35d17c5.jpg

After previewing the tooling samples of our Caledonian Sleeper Mark 5 coaches earlier this week, it is now time to show the TPE variants. 

Of course, some fettling is required, but overall they are shaping up very nicely indeed. Click here for all the information you need on these beauties, more photos and place your pre-order direct with us! https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/s-express-a-first-look-at-the-tpe-mark-5a 

(Oh, and we are aware the buffers on the DT are the wrong way round, this will be rectified for production!)

Cheers,

Fran

Incredible...

• Agree 1