Mark 5, By Accurascale

24 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

(Oh, and we are aware the buffers on the DT are the wrong way round, this will be rectified for production!)

Reminds me of a 68 I had once from eBay where the previous owner must have refitted them upside down/wrong way round!

I think this has maybe been raised before but how exactly is the colour matching on the front end going to work, especially since Dapol have probably (looking at the 68 thread) made an error again. It's a colour I don't expect will be easy at all to match anyway as it looks pearlescent.

• RMweb Gold
Just now, TomScrut said:

Reminds me of a 68 I had once from eBay where the previous owner must have refitted them upside down/wrong way round!

I think this has maybe been raised before but how exactly is the colour matching on the front end going to work, especially since Dapol have probably (looking at the 68 thread) made an error again. It's a colour I don't expect will be easy at all to match anyway as it looks pearlescent.

Hi Tom,

Many thanks. We will be using our charts against the real thing to ensure our colour is a correct match and have been in touch with TPE.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We will be using our charts against the real thing to ensure our colour is a correct match

The issue is (I think) that the colour varies more than most in different lighting conditions. May be hard to recreate on the model.

• RMweb Gold

The TPE carriages look superb, and surpass my expectations. Well done, and I look forward to the Dapol TPE 68 (which I have) working them in due course - I made my payment for a set as soon as they were first announced. I’m absolutely confident that the colours will be perfectly good. Again, well done.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi Fran,

The new MK 5’s look very good already and the interior lighting looks nice too. A quick question on the sleeper stock are working red tail lights fitted? Just hope the 73/9’s go ahead to haul the Fort William set.

thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

They are indeed fitted and working.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

Hi Fran,

Superb-looking - can't wait - OK, I'll have to! - to receive my TPE set.

Question - perhaps I've missed something:

The coach lighting is wand actuated. Are they battery or railway line pickup powered?

If battery, how easily accessible are the batteries for replacements? I hate having to rip apart a coach to replace a battery, risking damage to the superfine detailing.

Al.

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, gary_lner said:

Just looking for the jaw dropping emoji.

They look fantastic. Can't wait to see some colour samples. Any chance of seeing them going around that great layout you guys have. Maybe with a 92 or a 68? 

Regards Gary 

Hi Gary,

Not at the moment due to lockdown restrictions sadly, but in time when this dreadful virus eases we will certainly put something together! 

1 minute ago, atom3624 said:

Hi Fran,

Superb-looking - can't wait - OK, I'll have to! - to receive my TPE set.

Question - perhaps I've missed something:

The coach lighting is wand actuated. Are they battery or railway line pickup powered?

If battery, how easily accessible are the batteries for replacements? I hate having to rip apart a coach to replace a battery, risking damage to the superfine detailing.

Al.

Hi Al,

Pick up is from the track, with a nice big juicy capacitor in each coach to keep them flicker free as much as possible.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

Quite frankly magnificent, guys.

I noted the issues re the close coupling - what are your thoughts about including multiple lengths to accommodate gentler curves too? Or does it make better engineering and financial sense to just make the one, longer, length to best suit all curves?

Setting the bar ever higher in my eyes. Great work!

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, dpearce said:

Quite frankly magnificent, guys.

I noted the issues re the close coupling - what are your thoughts about including multiple lengths to accommodate gentler curves too? Or does it make better engineering and financial sense to just make the one, longer, length to best suit all curves?

Setting the bar ever higher in my eyes. Great work!

Hi @dpearce

It is something we are experimenting with but it could be possible that differing lengths might be considered. We will keep you updated on testing once we have completed it!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, martin_l_jones said:

Reiterate what every one else has said, looks stunning, cant wait.

My TPE 68 is waiting in the platform....

Are the magnet couplers a good solution ???

Thanks, @martin_l_jones! Should be no problem with the magnet couplings, but it's what samples and testing is for. We want to push innovation forward as much as we can in the hobby, and that requires time for experimentation and testing. But so far, so good!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Absolutely astounding I am so looking forward to these . The coaches look superb , the lighting fantastic , magnetic wands , but then you look at the price and you think what £225? For a 5 coach rake  when some companies charge £80+ just for a DVT or DMBS . Really fantastic guys . More power to Accurascale  ! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Now these look the absolute bizz! I can't wait to have my set racing around my layout. I've also got the imminent 68 on order too, so will be great to have something 'up to the minute' on the layout, despite being a 'Rule 1' purchase!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Truly incredible work. I know I've already commented about the Mk5s, but these Mk5As look just as noiiice.

Apologies if this has already been asked (although I've tried to look and failed - maybe a man's look?)...

The DT will have a DCC socket for the DT to allow for controlling of the lights. Any idea what type of plug/socket you're going to be using just out of interest? And you mention sound? Does this mean we can have an accurate sound chip with "Oh for **** sake, it's broken again" recordings? ;)

Those magnetic coupling look absolutely incredible. Obviously Hunt Couplings have recently taken a big chunk of the market, but do you think you'd be offering these as a seperate accessory for us fit on other models? Obviously the actual design won't be 100% accurate for every model out there, but it'd certainly be something awesome to fit and supplement the Hunt range...

Many thanks again for providing us with exquisite models.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The TPE MK5s are equally as fantastic as the Caledonian Sleeper MK5s. 

That Driver Trailer coach is looking amazing, the detail, shape, accuracy and quality is impeccable. 

Just to confirm is the Driver Trailer coach un-motorised/unpowered, with the lighting controlled by the wand, alike the other coaches? I'm just thinking if we need to a buy a DCC Decoder for the Driver Trailer coach or not. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The DT uses the same wand option for the head/tail lights and interior lighting, but can also be fitted with a DCC decoder (21 pin socket) and is pre fitted with a speaker housing and small speaker should you be mad enough to wish to have announcements, etc) The DT does not contain a motor, and the chip will give you DCC control over directional lighting, cab lighting and the headlight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, McC said:

The DT uses the same wand option for the head/tail lights and interior lighting, but can also be fitted with a DCC decoder (21 pin socket) and is pre fitted with a speaker housing and small speaker should you be mad enough to wish to have announcements, etc) The DT does not contain a motor, and the chip will give you DCC control over directional lighting, cab lighting and the headlight.

Thank you for the reply. It's greatly appreciated. 

So am I right in thinking that if fitted with a 21 Pin DCC Decoder the DT can be programmed as a consist to run with a Class 68, and this will allow the directional lighting to be operated/work together on both the DT and 68? 

Also is their a specific 21 Pin DCC Decoder that you recommend to fit to the DT to give full control of all of the possible lighting functions? 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This is brillant.

Very exceptional.

I’m definitely in for two now.

seriously good effort, the glazing stands out as well... its going to need passengers !

its a good reason to model 2021... you need two or three passengers wearing a mask, and spend the rest of the time looking at the interior too !

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
Just now, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

So am I right in thinking that if fitted with a 21 Pin DCC Decoder the DT can be programmed as a consist to run with a Class 68, and this will allow the directional lighting to be operated/work together on both the DT and 68? 

Also is their a specific 21 Pin DCC Decoder that you recommend to fit to the DT to give full control of all of the possible lighting functions? 

1 - Yes

2 - We recommend ESU, so in this case the LokPilot V5 is perfect, but any good 21 pin decoder with three or more functions will do the job just fine

• Thanks 1