Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

Just wondered what the latest dates were on these @Accurascale Fran. I assume these won't be Q3 but probably into Q4 / 2022 with all the difficulties facing manufactures currently.

Either way all the more time for us to get our 73/9 EOI in. I sincerely hope that does come to fruition as I need it to haul the class 92 (rule 1 / they forgot to take it off!) and mk5's.

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, E100 said:

Just wondered what the latest dates were on these @Accurascale Fran. I assume these won't be Q3 but probably into Q4 / 2022 with all the difficulties facing manufactures currently.

Either way all the more time for us to get our 73/9 EOI in. I sincerely hope that does come to fruition as I need it to haul the class 92 (rule 1 / they forgot to take it off!) and mk5's.

Hi @E100,

We will have a full update on these within the next week-10 days all going well.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Are they that far away?

There are continuing and accelerating 'difficulties' I understand, but I thought / hoped I would have my greasy little mitts on them sooner than 2023.

Al.

I would assume that it's it's a Typo from @toolongtoremember, I would expect Q1 2022 if not possibly before but all depends on how far off the decorated samples are looking. If they are good then I assume production would start straight away, if lots of faults are found then it's a couple more months away.

Now I'm assuming fran and the team are triple checking things so that there isn't any miss prints or issues, so not to have anything wrong. You can't rush perfection...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

It certainly wont be as far away as Q1 2023! I can confirm that the decorated samples have taken a lot longer than we hoped to receive as the driving car is proving quite the challenge to get right due to its complex shape and the complex livery, with its fades etc. Decorated samples are due with us by the end of the month and we will have a full update then including the delivery date. Sorry it's taken this long, but it has proven very complex indeed.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

It certainly wont be as far away as Q1 2023! I can confirm that the decorated samples have taken a lot longer than we hoped to receive as the driving car is proving quite the challenge to get right due to its complex shape and the complex livery, with its fades etc. Decorated samples are due with us by the end of the month and we will have a full update then including the delivery date. Sorry it's taken this long, but it has proven very complex indeed.

Cheers!

Fran 

Don’t apologise for taking time. Delays are forgotten; lapses in decent quality will always be with us. Besides, delays give me financial breathing space!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

I wished I could agree with you - financial breathing space indeed!

I even have to remember I have a family, and trips, meals, etc., .... instead of railways!

Thanks Fran, and fastidious as ever, which is what we've grown and continue to grow to like ...

Al.

Does anybody know whether they are going to correct the wiper blade on the driving trailer? On the real one there is no bend in the control arm you see. On a side note, we're seeing an estimated delivery time in this instance exactly the same as Revolution trains plan to deliver their N gauge version now. This will be interesting!!!

Edited by toolongtoremember

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

Does anybody know whether they are going to correct the wiper blade on the driving trailer? On the real one there is no bend in the control arm you see. On a side note, we're seeing an estimated delivery time in this instance exactly the same as Revolution trains plan to deliver their N gauge version now. This will be interesting!!!

Hi @toolongtoremember,

We're right here, so you can just ask us directly!

Yes, the wiper arm has been changed to reflect the prototype on the driving trailer.

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 11

11 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @toolongtoremember,

We're right here, so you can just ask us directly!

Yes, the wiper arm has been changed to reflect the prototype on the driving trailer.

Cheers!

Fran 

Good stuff!!! That was probably my most major hang up about the model, glad it's sorted :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

Good stuff!!! That was probably my most major hang up about the model, glad it's sorted :D 

A wiper blade was your biggest issue with a brand new model? Wow your model world must be absolutely perfect if that is enough to bother you. 

• Like 3
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Maybe the fact that the wiper blade , a tiny detail, is the only thing that is wrong, is a huge compliment, not a criticism.  If only other recent models from other makers had only slightly incorrect wiper blades as their only flaw, how perfect would that be?!  

How things have changed in model railways, thanks largely to accura, suttons and cavalex setting the pace!

• Like 6
  • Agree 7

On 13/07/2021 at 08:53, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

The situation as of a week ago....

• Thanks 1

On 15/07/2021 at 13:30, Hilux5972 said:

A wiper blade was your biggest issue with a brand new model? Wow your model world must be absolutely perfect if that is enough to bother you. 

It was just that it is on top, right on the front of the coach, is where it was becoming an issue to me, where you look first on a leading DT, at least me anyway. Other than that, its a great model!!!

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

It was just that it is on top, right on the front of the coach, is where it was becoming an issue to me, where you look first on a leading DT, at least me anyway. Other than that, its a great model!!!

This is one of the many things that were modified before coming into squadron service we were keen not to get tripped up on, but almost were. It's a good demonstration of how wrong things can get when making a model of a new prototype before receiving modifications and why we had to take our time to capture them and get it right. Rushing them out would've had coaches with details quite different in areas to the coaches as they now are in service. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4