Mark 5, By Accurascale

On 31/08/2021 at 13:37, Mol_PMB said:

The car lengths on 195, 196, 197 and 331 are all the same. However, they do indeed have different window arrangements. The 331s also ride 50mm lower than the 195s. 

....  and different couplers. A triumph of interoperability.:banghead:

• Funny 3

On 31/08/2021 at 12:37, Mol_PMB said:

The car lengths on 195, 196, 197 and 331 are all the same. However, they do indeed have different window arrangements. The 331s also ride 50mm lower than the 195s. 

Ahhh, that'll be why the 196s look longer. I've noticed they're slightly shallower windows too, so it's an optical illusion. Cheers Mol - top guy you are.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, JackB95 said:

Ahhh, that'll be why the 196s look longer. I've noticed they're slightly shallower windows too, so it's an optical illusion. Cheers Mol - top guy you are.

You're welcome. I thought it seemed unlikely that they were different lengths, and it wasn't something I had noticed during scrutiny, but I did go and double-check the drawings! I've spent quite a lot of time underneath 195s recently but am less familiar with the other classes.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi,

Just a post of thanks to Stephen for sorting out and creating an order for an 8 coach set of the Edinburgh low lander portion. Seeing the painted samples appear inevitably led to a purchase of these along with a Caledonian 92. The colours look great on both and decided that by getting an Edinburgh destination will allow 4 coaches to run on Rannoch until I build the big layout.

Superb service as normal

thanks

Mark

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not my scale but those are very, very impressive indeed! 

Not 100% convinced on the colour of the doors, window strip, lower body strip & coach ends though, looks far too dark to me? The windows should also have a wide black stripe around them to complete the look. I'm sure that's already on the list of corrections though. 

I'm eagerly awaiting the Revolution N versions. 

891701257_CAF_coachesmk5a_beaconrail03SimonPreco.jpg.f91be7dafd59ffa21434543ef71ac5e4.jpg

Tom. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tom,

The sun is shining directly onto the subject in your photo which will have an impact, but as stated in my post these are yet to be fully assessed and signed off for production so there will indeed be tweaks where required. Black strip on windows indeed missing but that will be on the production models (same for Caledonian Sleepers)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

The colour temperature of the lighting, both model and in real life, will always be a variable, as will an individual’s own perception of the colour.

To me the colours of the latest samples, black strip excepted, look pretty spot on compared with the real thing;

https://www.russellwykes-photography.com/p520430021#hb6554b8c

and

https://www.russellwykes-photography.com/p520430021#hb65549d4

I’m eagerly awaiting the release of these. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

The sun is shining directly onto the subject in your photo which will have an impact, but as stated in my post these are yet to be fully assessed and signed off for production so there will indeed be tweaks where required. Black strip on windows indeed missing but that will be on the production models (same for Caledonian Sleepers)

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran. 

Irrespective of lighting conditions, I'm just highlighting that the samples appear to use the same dark grey as the cab side window surround throughout all of the elements I mention, where as it is clearly a different colour on the prototype. I just point it out as it would be a shame to see an otherwise outstanding model and the huge effort to get the shading right spoilt by the colour being wrong.   

1436516786_CAF_coachesmk5a_beaconrail03SimonPreco.jpg.6754916911274db8a66e3acab345a53e.jpg

Tom. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, TomE said:

Hi Fran. 

Irrespective of lighting conditions, I'm just highlighting that the samples appear to use the same dark grey as the cab side window surround throughout all of the elements I mention, where as it is clearly a different colour on the prototype. I just point it out as it would be a shame to see an otherwise outstanding model and the huge effort to get the shading right spoilt by the colour being wrong.   

1436516786_CAF_coachesmk5a_beaconrail03SimonPreco.jpg.6754916911274db8a66e3acab345a53e.jpg

Tom. 

Hi Tom,

No problem at all, we always appreciate the feedback and it's what these decorated samples are for. It certainly appears to be different between the door and window for sure.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Well, as can be seen above, below and in the cabinet at GETS this weekend, the factory has come up trumps and solved the issue! Wowza indeed!

As has just been seen at GETS with my own eyes, one thing I noticed straight away was how the destination looks to be printed flat onto the curved face of the destination glass. Is this the intention going forwards?

Otherwise they look awesome.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

As has just been seen at GETS with my own eyes, one thing I noticed straight away was how the destination looks to be printed flat onto the curved face of the destination glass. Is this the intention going forwards?

Otherwise they look awesome.

Hi Tom,

No, this is not the intention going forwards.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Hi Fran and Team,

Just wanted to say although these aren't in scope for me modelling pre 2000 they look amazing, you guys never compromise on detail which is to be applauded. I am sure the product will sell plenty to those like me who don't cover the modern era but can't resist.

The best things come to those who wait.

The price for the pack is also looking amazing value what with the increases in general across manufacturing.

(Give the the Mk2d and the Mk3 some justice will you!) :D

Rich.

• Like 3