Mark 5, By Accurascale

Absolutely fantastic news, and one that will compliment the Dapol TPE 68 very nicely. And after seeing what other products Rapido and Accurascale have produced over the past year or so, I feel that not only is my wallet going to get a grilling, but it's going to be a seriously decent model.

Luckily I'll be (eventually) working on the Mk5A sets in real life so it'll be quite awesome.

• Like 2

The delivery runs of these coaches offer modellers in other areas the chance to run them too. ROG do the moves for the Trans Pennine stuff from Portbury docks, and Freightliner do the moves for the new sleeper carriages, I believe from one of the east coast ports

Jo

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Craig1989 said:

Out of interest how much will these be?

Hi Craig,

Since this was announced early by one of the magazines while we were still firming up details we havent got an exact retail price just yet, but once we do we will publish it and let you all know!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

Although just outside my chosen era and geography this is good news for those who model the contemporary scene and looks like it will be an excellent project.  The collaboration with RevolutioN seems to be a good move - hopefully if it works out might we see further collaboration on bringing their planned Class 321 to OO scale (hint, hint)?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, 071 said:

Hi Craig,

Since this was announced early by one of the magazines while we were still firming up details we havent got an exact retail price just yet, but once we do we will publish it and let you all know!

Cheers,

Fran

An occurrence not unknown. The said publication has form.....

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi   Mk5s great news!  I note that there will be ability to turn lights off and on .  Appreciating you maybe at early stages of development , but can you confirm that these coaches will be suitable to run on Analogue DC  ie not have DCC hardwired in like the Bachmann 2f DBSO ? I know you can run it on analogue but not if you have HF track cleaners. 

Edited by Legend

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Legend said:

Hi   Mk5s great news!  I note that there will be ability to turn lights off and on .  Appreciating you maybe at early stages of development , but can you confirm that these coaches will be suitable to run on Analogue DC  ie not have DCC hardwired in like the Bachmann 2f DBSO ? I know you can run it on analogue but not if you have HF track cleaners. 

We are making them suitable for DC operation too, but we will have more info in due course.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. We feel that this is our most ambitious project yet. Exciting times! 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Legend said:

Oh hell. That's my last excuse for not buying Dapols TPE 68 gone now!

And that's given me the excuse I needed for why one arrived in the post for me last week :-)

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Hello Fran (and Ben)

Congratulations on yet another exciting announcement!

The Mk5 and Mk5a Stock were entered 'new' in The 00 Wishlist Poll for 2018 and both were very High Polling, coming in around the Top 100 mark.

All the best.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steadfast said:

The delivery runs of these coaches offer modellers in other areas the chance to run them too. ROG do the moves for the Trans Pennine stuff from Portbury docks, and Freightliner do the moves for the new sleeper carriages, I believe from one of the east coast ports

Jo

The sleepers are delivered at Teesport, and travel to Polmadie behind an FL 66, using some former bogie coal hoppers as brake force runners/barriers.

• Like 1