Mark 5, By Accurascale

2 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Olivia ripped you off? Whatever next?

Given the market conditions, I was willing to pay it. I had been trying to source a TPE 68 for a while, eBay prices were in the same ballpark. However I will be wary of them in future. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

92 on course for Q1 2020, mark 5 is Q2 2020. Any mention of the mark 5s being Q1 was a typo on our part, it’s a colossal design project we are working flat out on currently!

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran, 

Thank you for the reply and info. It's very much appreciated. 

That's brilliant news because it gives me more time to save up for an MK5 set. I also may be tempted by the 92s and CS MK5s. 

Looking forward to following the progress of these models. 

Thanks again. 

19 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Good price for you.

Rails have remained 'fair' in their pricing, despite some of the inflated pricing others have been trying - and probably succeeding - on people.

Mine was £138.50 DCC, with chip and blanking chip - sort of future proofed!

Al.

That's brilliant. For DCC Fitted retailers have been charging £154 as per the previous batches of OO Gauge 68s, so you have actually saved money by waiting longer, just as I did. 

I bought three 68s this time, all DCC Ready, also from Rails just because at the time the DCC Fitted options were more than what the decoder would cost to fit myself. 

Now we just need to wait until Q2 next year for the TPE MK5s. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Fitzer said:

Mine was £200 for the standard version from Olivia trains. It was last one they had. Wishing I held off as shops have now got more stock in at normal prices.  

Shame you paid that much and that I didn't know you were looking for one. R3Sprays had some for £160 a few weeks ago although they appear to have sold them now. 

I'm sure that their will be more TPE 68s in the future though, so hopefully you will be able to buy some at a cheaper price. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/07/2019 at 19:14, Fitzer said:

In fairness the TPEs are getting there now. It's the sleeper stock that has the main issues. They're are getting new gangway doors already. 

Sleepers run 400 miles a day, 6 days a week.

what mileage will TP mk5’s put in daily ?

It's the sleeper stock that's having software issues. The stock is having issues being split and reformed and brake issues going with that. 

The TPE by nature of being fixed sets don't have the same issues. Nothing to do with milage. The Mk5 and 5A are a different animal from each other.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Here is the latest CAD progress. As you can see the TPE driving trailer is complete externally with the interior being worked on at the moment, along with the intermediate coaches. We should have them finished CAD wise in a few weeks and then the sleepers a little while after that. It really is a massive project, but we're getting there and still on course for Q2 2020.2019-08-06_(3).JPG.285c69a2ea714ea4d9f40ac33468d4c9.JPG

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran that looks absolutely fantastic, can't wait to see the rest of the coaches. A couple of questions please if I may. With the current trend of current models will the mk5 dvt have different lighting settings?  And will you guys be attending the great electric train show in October?

Regards Gary

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, gary_lner said:

Hi Fran that looks absolutely fantastic, can't wait to see the rest of the coaches. A couple of questions please if I may. With the current trend of current models will the mk5 dvt have different lighting settings?  And will you guys be attending the great electric train show in October?

Regards Gary

Hi Gary,

Many thanks for the kind words.

Yes, we will have different light settings for the DT, and there will be a DCC socket in there too.

We will be at GETS in October, drop by our stand and say hi! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m so pleased with what I’m seeing, and that I’m so glad I have paid, in full, for one pf the TPE sets. Can’t wait for the knock on my door when the carriage set is delivered.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Here is the latest CAD progress. As you can see the TPE driving trailer is complete externally with the interior being worked on at the moment, along with the intermediate coaches. We should have them finished CAD wise in a few weeks and then the sleepers a little while after that. It really is a massive project, but we're getting there and still on course for Q2 2020.2019-08-06_(3).JPG.285c69a2ea714ea4d9f40ac33468d4c9.JPG

Cheers!

Fran

Superb work there Fran and the team. I'm excited to see these materialize. I'm not going for the OO ones, I'm waiting for the N gauge ones, but the excitement is still there.

May I please know if the development for these is being done simultaneously? I.e. is the N gauge and OO gauge versions coming out together, or will it be OO first and then N?

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Superb work there Fran and the team. I'm excited to see these materialize. I'm not going for the OO ones, I'm waiting for the N gauge ones, but the excitement is still there.

May I please know if the development for these is being done simultaneously? I.e. is the N gauge and OO gauge versions coming out together, or will it be OO first and then N?

Hi MGR Hooper,

Design is being done simultaneously on them for both OO and N. After that there are several stages before delivery. I think for the Revolution model it would be best to ask the guys regarding a specific delivery date for the N gauge model.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Hi

They are available to order on the Revolution Trains website

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/product-category/ngauge/mark-5-coaches/

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

Even more traction variety to add to the already lengthy list - a TTG 47 from Freightliner...

47830 5Z47 Euxton

(Flickr photo, click to link)

Unfortunately heading to store at Longtown but an interesting working nevertheless! Apparently the pink shed was due to haul it...it would’ve been colourful but I prefer the 47 any day.

Jack.

• Like 9

Tell you what, as expected but there's some hauling power in that Dapol 68 !!

I've laid a temporary track to test out a few locomotives purchased in the last 6 months, so I thought I'd combine all of the coaches and pull them with the 68 - no problem - all 24 of them!!

8x Hornby Coronation coaches + 1x 12-wheeler LMS dining car.

8x Hornby Pullman - 1 being a 12-wheeler dining car with lights.

7x mix of maroon BR stock.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

Anyone still after Brutus, it is not advertised as 'out of stock', so short of testing by ordering then cancelling, it may be in stock here:

https://www.addlestone-models.co.uk/acatalog/Dapol-4D-022-014-CLASS-68-68019-TRANSPENINE-EXPRESS---DCC-21-PIN---4D_022_014.html#SID=193

Apologies if this is 'too supporting' but I've no relations in any way - just assisting fellow modellers.

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Friendly/supportive 2