Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

There sure will be Marcus, along with chip etc.

Cheers!

Fran

14 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

There sure will be Marcus, along with chip etc.

Cheers!

Fran

To be sure, to be sure...........................

• Funny 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

So fantastic! I love all I’m seeing, and I’m so glad that I have one of the TPE sets paid for. I’m so looking forward to having a knock on my door next year when the set is delivered! Thank you for all the hard work you’ve clearly put into these Mk5a’s so far. They will be truly splendid behind the Dapol 68 that I have already. 

Very best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking great.  Coincidentally I have just seen my first Mk5 stock this evening although quite why a rake of Mk5 sleepers was travelling Aberdeen bound through Dyce (ex-Inverness?) at 6.30pm I don't know, hauled by 2x 73s which is another first for me in Dyce.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

These look fantastic. So glad I ordered a set at Model Rail Scotland . And it’s agreat price too compared to a certain other manufacturer.  Really looking forward to these and fortunately already secured Brutus to pull/push them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad you got hold of a Brutus - fantastic locomotive.

You'll be thinking you'll need 5 sets of coaches just to do Brutus justice - it is POWERFUL!!

I had it pulling 25 coaches without a problem just recently!

(Just an 'I wonder' moment - could have added at least another 5 but that was impressive enough.)

Al.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Matt said:

Looking great.  Coincidentally I have just seen my first Mk5 stock this evening although quite why a rake of Mk5 sleepers was travelling Aberdeen bound through Dyce (ex-Inverness?) at 6.30pm I don't know, hauled by 2x 73s which is another first for me in Dyce.

Crew training ? Hopefully no more mishaps.Maybe I’ll se them on the Highland mainline next week.

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

http://www.train-tech.com/index.php/smart-screen

certain it costs a bit less in China.

I have looked at those in the past for station displays, but they are nowhere near scale for coach displays, the actual text area being a scale 2' tall.  As for cost, even at 1/3 of that cost you are looking at adding another £150 for a rake of 5 coaches.

I am sure technology will move on, but there is no way I would want something out of scale on a scale model.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

6 hours ago, Ian_B said:

Fran, are there details on the couplings available? Will we be able to slot Kadees or Kadee-alikes in, or will they be supplied with a buckeye?

Ian_B

Hi Ian,

We are still at CAD design phase of the coaches themselves at the moment, we have several ideas on couplings at the moment but a final decision is a long way off atm. A lot of it will depend on testing and requirements of operation, especially with push/pull in mind which tension locks sadly don’t do reliably. Once we decide on it we will let you all know, but shape and detail are what we are working on at the moment.

5 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Assuming standard NEM pockets are fitted any coupling should fit OK 

NEM pockets will be fitted and NEM friendly couplings will be used, including one extra to be used for the locomotive.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1