Mark 5, By Accurascale

25 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Just found out Dapol are doing their run of the TPE 68's 'Destroyer' & 'Achilles', I have both on pre-order and you know what that means Accurascale and not just from me...yes you guessed it more TPE Mk5 orders.

Is that just from Trains4U on the other thread or some sort of official confirmation?

7 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Is that just from Trains4U on the other thread or some sort of official confirmation?

From the other thread as stated by Trains4U...I would take that as a yes considering Dapol confirmed it with a retailer but not seen official confirmation yet.

Edited by classy52
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I think the last thing I saw on it was June/July, although I think it's safe to presume that won't be the case now?

Thanks for the reply,

Was in the same mind about the time.

It will have to go from CAD to first production sample to decorated sample and through production to sale in around 4 months.

Hats off to them if they accomplish this,

It took them about 5 months to get the PFA from just decorated sample to production,

And took them about 10 months to complete it from CAD to sale so chances are they aren't going to do it.

Probably looking at about Q1 2021!

4 minutes ago, MrJack47790 said:

Thanks for the reply,

Was in the same mind about the time.

It will have to go from CAD to first production sample to decorated sample and through production to sale in around 4 months.

Hats off to them if they accomplish this,

It took them about 5 months to get the PFA from just decorated sample to production,

And took them about 10 months to complete it from CAD to sale so chances are they aren't going to do it.

Probably looking at about Q1 2021!

The CADs have been done for the as for a while I think? It's the sleepers they have just finished IIRC. TBH as long as they turn up I aren't that bothered when I'd rather they were right. If they are later I'll probably order another set as I have more time to pay for them! Although I am on the fence between another set of mk5s and the Scottish LNER 800. But I am waiting until summer as I am hoping that Hornby announce a TPE 802 which would take precedence over those given I have one of each already ordered.

Would expect them to come out all at once and still we haven't seen a first production sample.

Problem for me is my birthday is in may.

Don't have my own money- that is 14.

Can wait,

But would rather get something else sooner instead.

Edited by MrJack47790

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

The Mark 5 CAD is complete and tooling in China was due to begin after CNY with a late summer release. Of course things have slowed in China a bit due to Corona virus, but we will have a more accurate idea of timeframe in the coming weeks as the factory gets back up to speed again.

Thanks

Fran

• Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

41 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

The Mark 5 CAD is complete and tooling in China was due to begin after CNY with a late summer release. Of course things have slowed in China a bit due to Corona virus, but we will have a more accurate idea of timeframe in the coming weeks as the factory gets back up to speed again.

Thanks

Fran

Cheers Fran, by the sounds of that you may get another purchase out of me then nearer the time. Oddly enough most of that depends on the timings of when the 37 and 92 are due, I have 2 37s on order and as you'll have seen on the 92 thread it's my intention to order one of those.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, MrJack47790 said:

Is this now predicted to be even later now with covid-19 getting worse and seeing no end in short term future.

Cases in China are currently on a downward trend (hopefully it stays that way). From what I understand the biggest issue with exports from China at present is the supply of shipping containers.

Too soon to predict what will happen, but at the moment it looks like the precautions China are doing are working. They have ~80000 cases - in a population of about 1,439 Million (I can never remember if that's 1.4 billion or 1,439 million!). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

I realise I did promise an update on these coaches a couple of weeks ago, but it got a bit lost in this whole corona virus thing, so apologies for that. I am delighted to say that tooling is indeed underway, and the factory is getting near full speed again which is great (and offers us all hope that there is light at the other side of this corona virus tunnel!) We are due tooling samples at the end of May, but models will not be delivered until the end of this year due to the knock on affect of the virus pandemic. We are really sorry for this slight delay, but our hands are tied on this one and peoples health is paramount. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

I realise I did promise an update on these coaches a couple of weeks ago, but it got a bit lost in this whole corona virus thing, so apologies for that. I am delighted to say that tooling is indeed underway, and the factory is getting near full speed again which is great (and offers us all hope that there is light at the other side of this corona virus tunnel!) We are due tooling samples at the end of May, but models will not be delivered until the end of this year due to the knock on affect of the virus pandemic. We are really sorry for this slight delay, but our hands are tied on this one and peoples health is paramount. 

Cheers!

Fran

Shame but should time in nicely with the Dapol TPE 68s and your 92s then!

Might mean I buy a second set though....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 17/03/2020 at 10:33, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran, 

Thanks for updating us. 

It's no problem at all. As nice as these models will be their are many things in life of higher importance at the moment including the health of so many people around the world. A delay of a few months won't be an issue for us. For me personally it will allow me to hold onto the majority of the funds for a pack of the TPE MK5s after paying the £30 deposit for the pre-order. In challenging financial times this will no doubt help a lot of us, so in essence you are doing us a favour. Hopefully then in a few weeks/months time when we hope to return to some sort of normality, we can concentrate on thinking about funds for buying models which are due for release later on in the year. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, scumcat said:

Hello

are the tooling samples still due at the end of May or has this date slipped?

Hi there,

Yes, unfortunately the pandemic hit the Mark 5 tooling schedule and has resulted in a delay on these. They are now in tooling but delivery won’t be until the end of this year. Just one we couldn’t help on this one I’m afraid. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

51 minutes ago, CazRail said:

Really looking forward to these, ordered my TPE set today. Great to add a new modern loco-hauled set to my fleet.

Yes definitely. TPE Nova 3, Azumas, Inter7City and Fife Circle sets for me in a hybrid Yorkshire to Scotland ECML setup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The Driving Trailer of the TPE set includes a 21pin decoder interface and is provided with a speaker, functional lighting and a super capacitor power bank. 
Every vehicle has lighting controlled by magnetic relay activation with capacitor backup for flicker free action so you can have full lighting on both DCC and DC

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1