• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, dpearce said:

I note that the Accurascale website has cheekily added EP images of the Driving Trailers to the 'Coaches' link on the home page!! Sneaky!

Look out for more next week :)

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2
  • RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Fredo said:

Fran, hi, these look great any ideas on if a 73/9 to go with them might appear? Thanks Fred

Hi @Fredo,

Register your interest here and let KMS Railtech know you fancy one. Might just happen...

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Philou said:

@Accurascale Fran They do look rather good - do you have a tentative ETA for painted samples (and TPE, too)?

Cheers,

Philip

Hi Philip,

Not just yet, but it will be after Chinese New Year. Once we know we’ll post it here.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

I do have a supplementary question: Will magnetic coupling hold a full rake of 14 without coming apart? I assume there will be at least the possibility of exchanging couplings (at one end minimum) to bog-standard ones?

Cheers,

Philip

• Like 1

Ordered a full set of the things in a rush of blood (and at the time heavy wallet) last year. Looking very smart, seems it was a good decision!

Edited by ac1874
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Philou said:

I do have a supplementary question: Will magnetic coupling hold a full rake of 14 without coming apart? I assume there will be at least the possibility of exchanging couplings (at one end minimum) to bog-standard ones?

Cheers,

Philip

Standard tension locks will be included, as well as fixed bar versions for those who don't wish to uncouple,

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • RMweb Gold

These look very cool.

Q. Will you supply cables to allow modelling the electrical connections between the coaches or will it be possible to remove the “docked” ones so they can be connected up ?

love the axle hubs on the wheels.. thats extreme detail on a coach.

Ive ordered 2 sets but feel a full 16 coming on... 

Edited by adb968008
2 minutes ago, McC said:

Standard tension locks will be included, as well as fixed bar versions for those who don't wish to uncouple,

Is it true that people who do remarshal their trains will have to perform brake tests before moving said trains

• Funny 3
1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Seriously, etched grills on the underside? You guys seem to go above and beyond...

Roy

My thoughts exactly....c’mon chaps.....opening sliding doors next? ;)

D4383C4F-E6D8-4ADD-8313-FA4C4DFACE43.jpeg.121e1406631c57621a8cbbb102ba0552.jpeg

Crazy detail......never get seen but I love it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

My thoughts exactly....c’mon chaps.....opening sliding doors next? ;)

D4383C4F-E6D8-4ADD-8313-FA4C4DFACE43.jpeg.121e1406631c57621a8cbbb102ba0552.jpeg

Crazy detail......never get seen but I love it.

Instead of mirrors under bridges to make layouts look bigger, we will have to start putting them under the track so we can all see whats on the bottom of Accurascale stuff!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Absolutely jaw-dropping models you've got there. I mean, I think we've all got high expectations from you guys with your previous models setting the benchmark. But just from these engineering samples, quality really does shine through. Amazing.

I think I need a new wallet...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • RMweb Gold

A full rake of these are going to look fantastic! I’ll leave that to someone with a fatter wallet than I to prove, though. Looking forward to my TPE set arriving more than ever! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to say that these are going to look fantastic behind 92s, 73s and 68s. 

I have pre-ordered a TPE set and these will certainly make an impressive rake of coaches behind an equally impressive and powerful Dapol Class 68. 

I'm also really impressed with the lighting inside the coaches, because they don't look too bright, but at the same time they aren't too dull, which makes it's noticeable that they are switched on. The amount of detailing underneath the coaches is fantastic, and even though some of it won't be seen, it provides really good value for money, and it shows the lengths that Accurascale have gone to. Well done team. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Thanks 1