Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
Just now, The Stationmaster said:

Those are exceedingly nice - a top notch job.  Only problem is they are completely the wrong era for me.  Perhaps you could turn your attention to 'earlier' passenger rolling stock so that others of us can deprive our offspring of any inheritance they might be looking forward to?  

Coming soon :)

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, McC said:

1 - Yes

2 - We recommend ESU, so in this case the LokPilot V5 is perfect, but any good 21 pin decoder with three or more functions will do the job just fine

That's excellent, thank you very much. 

I think it's safe to say that those of us with MK5 orders are in for a treat. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

S-Express! A first look at our TPE Mark 5 Coaches

1978455666_TPEDT2.jpg.7ddb5bf168e02fe11b94c633925b726d.jpg

1527352131_TPET36.jpg.f8b935ce297be8e8498266346e195620.jpg

872259670_TPET23.jpg.2fe4332ba925bfd6d587616c8602dff5.jpg313394457_TPET17.jpg.594828228bcdaf4c7ec564d2e35d17c5.jpg

After previewing the tooling samples of our Caledonian Sleeper Mark 5 coaches earlier this week, it is now time to show the TPE variants. 

Of course, some fettling is required, but overall they are shaping up very nicely indeed. Click here for all the information you need on these beauties, more photos and place your pre-order direct with us! https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/s-express-a-first-look-at-the-tpe-mark-5a 

(Oh, and we are aware the buffers on the DT are the wrong way round, this will be rectified for production!)

Cheers,

Fran

7437CE76-2A08-4930-BCF6-FAEDB4EB91B1.gif.53494822fde53c2193da1f945fefa033.gif

Those look utterly superb. Looking forward to seeing the EP for the Revolution N Gauge versions even more now! 

Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m going to order a TPE set once I’ve paid off my Class 37 next month.  They don’t fit my East Midlands Trains Heckington layout but do I care, nah :P.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Those are exceedingly nice - a top notch job.  Only problem is they are completely the wrong era for me.  Perhaps you could turn your attention to 'earlier' passenger rolling stock so that others of us can deprive our offspring of any inheritance they might be looking forward to?  

1 hour ago, McC said:

Coming soon :)

Just not “generic” please.

keep it real.. that said the mk5’s its hard to tell they aren't.

• Funny 4

2 hours ago, McC said:

The DT uses the same wand option for the head/tail lights and interior lighting, but can also be fitted with a DCC decoder (21 pin socket) and is pre fitted with a speaker housing and small speaker should you be mad enough to wish to have announcements, etc) The DT does not contain a motor, and the chip will give you DCC control over directional lighting, cab lighting and the headlight.

So the wand supports 2 functions:

head or tail lights

interior lighting on or off

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Have to agree, I really love these but I really think they might look a bit odd running around a smallish roundy roundy based on GWR in the late 60’s early 70”s........hmmmm...nah......I’ve already allowed aN AS Deltic to be coming on the irons, one of these might be just that bit too far :lol:

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Just not “generic” please.

Why? Is there not a market for generic British Railways standard stock?

Or have Hornby/Oxford cornered that market...

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
On 21/01/2021 at 18:46, Islesy said:

Why? Is there not a market for generic British Railways standard stock?

Or have Hornby/Oxford cornered that market...

oh you just be teasing me !

Just 4 words like that will create several pages of excited discussion...

:)

i’ll have to start..

64’ mk1 suburbans were very standard British Railways stock.. in DMUs, EMUs as well as standalone... Wolverton made great use of them, but manufacturers so far have not.

I used to love Wolverton units as a kid, still got pieces of them in my loft.

Best behave now.

lie down down and think of CAF...

I noticed Hattons have sold out of TPE 68’s already, I wonder why ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Fredo said:

Hi, will you be adding the option of a small regular coupling to these so modellers can attach then to a Dapol Trans Pennine Class 68. Thanks Fred

All of the couplings sit in standard NEM sockets so you can change to any option you prefer and regular tension locks will be provided to couple up to your locos. 

There is even a swappable nem socket for the DT for drags

Edited by McC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

Hi Chaps!

The Mk5A stock is looking excellent, clever how you've done the bogies too! 

One thing that has jumped out at me are brass wire fittings on the end of the carriage that couples to the loco. I don't know the stock very well (wrong part of the country!) but all the pictures I've seen of the blank end of this vehicle show the multiple working cables come from the upper mount of the brass wires but going a towards dummy sockets near the coach edge, rather than towards the centre. There also appear to be silver hand rails on some of the sets?

TransPennine Express MK5a

Hope this helps rather than confuses matters!

Jo

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Hi Chaps!

The Mk5A stock is looking excellent, clever how you've done the bogies too! 

One thing that has jumped out at me are brass wire fittings on the end of the carriage that couples to the loco. I don't know the stock very well (wrong part of the country!) but all the pictures I've seen of the blank end of this vehicle show the multiple working cables come from the upper mount of the brass wires but going a towards dummy sockets near the coach edge, rather than towards the centre. There also appear to be silver hand rails on some of the sets?

TransPennine Express MK5a

Hope this helps rather than confuses matters!

Jo

Hi Jo,

On our list.

Cheers!

Frab

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Jo,

On our list.

Cheers!

Frab

Actually, scratch that. The photo represents original condition. They have been since modified which our model represents. One of the in service mods we had to wait to be made.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, McC said:

All of the couplings sit in standard NEM sockets so you can change to any option you prefer and regular tension locks will be provided to couple up to your locos. 

There is even a swappable nem socket for the DT for drags

Any thoughts about selling couplings like this separately for other uses.

crikey looking how good it is, perhaps next step is to make magnetic vacuum pipe couplings for older stock.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1