Mark 5, By Accurascale

9 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

These look great at this stage. I’m sure Dapol will be delighted with the sales boost for the 68’s!

I can imagine the resprayers are also grateful that Dapol are keeping them in business too :D

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Ah good, something for it to pull!

My thoughts exactly!! I can't afford a TPE 68 at the min but I have a fully paid for sound fitted ROG 37 coming... 

Silly Q, have they run with DRS liveried 68s? I have 68003... 

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Gremlin99 said:

My thoughts exactly!! I can't afford a TPE 68 at the min but I have a fully paid for sound fitted ROG 37 coming... 

Silly Q, have they run with DRS liveried 68s? I have 68003... 

Sure have! http://www.docbrown.info/docspics/zmisc20/Dsc_0427.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It's being actively considered! 

That would be an interesting revival of an old idea as somebody (Exley possibly??) did it on some 7mm scale freight stock back in the late 1950s/60s.  Always struck me as rather a clever idea - provided all your vehicles are the same way round ;)av

• Like 1

Some other interesting moves, all Flickr links...

TransPennine Shed

66522 - 5M66 - Carlisle

To sets coupled together with the DTs at either end:

47830 5Z47 Euxton

These Freightliner moves were for storage at Longtown near Carlisle so travelled a good chunk of the WCML from Crewe to Carlisle.

Apologies if these workings have been posted before, just a couple of ones I remember (excluding the 70s shown recently)...I recall seeing a pair of 86s rescue a set too...

Jack.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Excellent. As long as the livery looks pretty much right I'm golden if I'm honest! Gives me a couple of things to haul 'em. Maybe have to get a (cheapo Hornby) freightliner 66 with sound too... 

*I am aware the differences in detail level will stand out like a sore thumb but honestly, I'm not bothered too much. I've only got wooden boards to run things on, on set-track curves so it's not going to make much difference!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for putting that video up @AY Mod.  

The EP samples look absolutely superb.  As you say as the end of the video, I can't wait to see the decorated samples, especially the TPE set.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Thanks @AY Mod for putting the video together, we were delighted to give the BRM gang an exclusive first look at our first line of coaches. We also appreciate the feedback and glut of additional orders we have received on the back of these first samples this week. Thank you!

There are tweaks to be made of course, but that is all part of the process and it's great that you all recognise that these tweaks are part of the development process, so we are always happy to show our work in progress as a result.  

We must consider another coach project in the future if the reaction to these are anything to go by!

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

These look better and better the more I see of them!

I am almost certain to be dropping some brass on a CS set now (TPE having been on order a long time already)

The CS ones have passed your neck of the woods, but usually in the witching hour.

• Agree 1

Oh yeah...there’s also this I remembered seeing just now...

A class 90 hauling (granted de-branded) CS MK5s, with 2x MK3 sleepers as translator vehicles! Presumably some kind of emergency coupling was used on the MK3s...so that’s drop head buckeye-fitted MK3s using the standard draw hook to couple via a translator coupling to a Dellner? No idea how or why the use of loco and MK3s came about, but who says you can’t run AS MK5s and some MK3s together now eh!?

Jack.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Jack374 said:

Oh yeah...there’s also this I remembered seeing just now...

A class 90 hauling (granted de-branded) CS MK5s, with 2x MK3 sleepers as translator vehicles! Presumably some kind of emergency coupling was used on the MK3s...so that’s drop head buckeye-fitted MK3s using the standard draw hook to couple via a translator coupling to a Dellner? No idea how or why the use of loco and MK3s came about, but who says you can’t run AS MK5s and some MK3s together now eh!?

Jack.

Wow thats a proof of life kind of video !

I never realised a mk3 had ever been used with a mk5, I wonder how they did that.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, GWR 802006 said:

@Accurascale Fran I ordered the sleeper Highlander Pack 3 which I can't wait to get them and do these cables connect to another coach?

Thanks for the order! The cables are cosmetic but perhaps could be modified by the end user if they wish.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi,

Quite frankly, these look utterly stunning, no other words in my view.

I'm very very tempted to get a rake of the TPE ones to go with my DRS 68, even if they never ventured south of the thames, let along around Eastleigh. 

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

Quite frankly, these look utterly stunning, no other words in my view.

I'm very very tempted to get a rake of the TPE ones to go with my DRS 68, even if they never ventured south of the thames, let along around Eastleigh. 

Simon

Totally agree!

I really like the attention to detail, like the etchings over the fans on the underside.  It may seem odd that this should matter being out of sight but it also shows attention to detail and professionalism in the final product.  Something the people at Accurascale are really getting a good name for.

Sadly, I missed out on the brief appearance of Dapol TPE 68's recently in OO but I am a GWML person and the only time I have ever seen these is behind a 57, (57305 and one another loco) of which I do have a model, so I can mimic the Newport drags to the north on their arrival that came via Swindon and then via Oxford.  I gather there may have been some changes to some details since delivery but to be honest it doesn't really bother me that much.

The only thing I would ask Accurascale is whether they could provide a tatty translucent jacket to wrap around the model (...really a piece of art!) to imitate one particular drag that comes to mind that had the wrapping loose and flapping around ;)  Mind you, this might be the material used to protect the model in the packaging!

Hope to get my order in very soon and most likely the Revolution one too for the smaller layout (when I build it!).

Cheers,

Ixion.

Edited by 97403_Ixion
  • Like 1