Jump to content

Mark 5, By Accurascale


Recommended Posts

Does anybody know whether they are going to correct the wiper blade on the driving trailer? On the real one there is no bend in the control arm you see. On a side note, we're seeing an estimated delivery time in this instance exactly the same as Revolution trains plan to deliver their N gauge version now. This will be interesting!!!

Edited by toolongtoremember
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

Does anybody know whether they are going to correct the wiper blade on the driving trailer? On the real one there is no bend in the control arm you see. On a side note, we're seeing an estimated delivery time in this instance exactly the same as Revolution trains plan to deliver their N gauge version now. This will be interesting!!!

 

Hi @toolongtoremember,

 

We're right here, so you can just ask us directly!

 

Yes, the wiper arm has been changed to reflect the prototype on the driving trailer.

 

Cheers!

 

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

 

Hi @toolongtoremember,

 

We're right here, so you can just ask us directly!

 

Yes, the wiper arm has been changed to reflect the prototype on the driving trailer.

 

Cheers!

 

Fran 

Good stuff!!! That was probably my most major hang up about the model, glad it's sorted :D 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

Good stuff!!! That was probably my most major hang up about the model, glad it's sorted :D 

A wiper blade was your biggest issue with a brand new model? Wow your model world must be absolutely perfect if that is enough to bother you. 

  • Like 4
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the fact that the wiper blade , a tiny detail, is the only thing that is wrong, is a huge compliment, not a criticism.  If only other recent models from other makers had only slightly incorrect wiper blades as their only flaw, how perfect would that be?!  

How things have changed in model railways, thanks largely to accura, suttons and cavalex setting the pace!

 

  • Like 6
  • Agree 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/07/2021 at 08:53, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

 

It certainly wont be as far away as Q1 2023! I can confirm that the decorated samples have taken a lot longer than we hoped to receive as the driving car is proving quite the challenge to get right due to its complex shape and the complex livery, with its fades etc. Decorated samples are due with us by the end of the month and we will have a full update then including the delivery date. Sorry it's taken this long, but it has proven very complex indeed.

 

Cheers!

 

Fran 

 

The situation as of a week ago....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 15/07/2021 at 13:30, Hilux5972 said:

A wiper blade was your biggest issue with a brand new model? Wow your model world must be absolutely perfect if that is enough to bother you. 

It was just that it is on top, right on the front of the coach, is where it was becoming an issue to me, where you look first on a leading DT, at least me anyway. Other than that, its a great model!!!

 

 

  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

It was just that it is on top, right on the front of the coach, is where it was becoming an issue to me, where you look first on a leading DT, at least me anyway. Other than that, its a great model!!!

 

 

 

This is one of the many things that were modified before coming into squadron service we were keen not to get tripped up on, but almost were. It's a good demonstration of how wrong things can get when making a model of a new prototype before receiving modifications and why we had to take our time to capture them and get it right. Rushing them out would've had coaches with details quite different in areas to the coaches as they now are in service. 

 

Cheers!

 

Fran 

  • Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

 

This is one of the many things that were modified before coming into squadron service we were keen not to get tripped up on, but almost were. It's a good demonstration of how wrong things can get when making a model of a new prototype before receiving modifications and why we had to take our time to capture them and get it right. Rushing them out would've had coaches with details quite different in areas to the coaches as they now are in service. 

 

Cheers!

 

Fran 

Quite right too!

 

I can't wait to see the decorated samples next week! :D

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

 

This is one of the many things that were modified before coming into squadron service we were keen not to get tripped up on, but almost were. It's a good demonstration of how wrong things can get when making a model of a new prototype before receiving modifications and why we had to take our time to capture them and get it right. Rushing them out would've had coaches with details quite different in areas to the coaches as they now are in service. 

 

Cheers!

 

Fran 

 

B*gger.  I wanted to model a set straight off the boat and onto test - before the wiper was modified.

Goes to cancel pre-order..........................

 

:P

  • Funny 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Looking forward to seeing these and now that the wipers are correct does that mean we can run them in the rain,the garden railways will be so much better now.

Are they DCC operated? Can we set the wipe speed?

  • Funny 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ian_B said:

Are they DCC operated? Can we set the wipe speed?

Accurascale let us down on this detail, unfortunately they are only two speed…..no intermittent wipe available :notme:

  • Funny 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Accurascale let us down on this detail, unfortunately they are only two speed…..no intermittent wipe available :notme:

That's a deal breaker for me, I'll have to order a set just so that I can cancel my order in disgust!

 

Roddy

  • Funny 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

 

Coming up later this week, a much needed Mark 5 update! Keep your eyes peeled on here, our website, your email inbox, via your milkman and all our usual outlets....

 

1844815295_16(1).jpg.85d17d82277f256c9b41b5c4c39a1c9f.jpg

 

Cheers!

 

Fran 

Looking forward to this very much

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, AY Mod said:

It's Pat Mustard you've got to worry about; hope the boat doesn't drop below 4 knots.

Pat’s long gone after that accident in a phone box!

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...