Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely fantastic.

my little bit of hopefully useful feedback..

my ask though would be to dip the wheels in the same grey paint as the bogies / lower body. I can see the alternate bush / non-bushed wheel on each bogie and a bit of grey both hides that difference and reflects reality.

The orange cantrail isn't straight from bodyside to cab front, it doesnt go in-between headlight and destination blind, it dips between the blind and drivers window.

Just a thought on the headlight glazing, but the plastic edges of the plastic reflect a whiteness around the sides of the clear plastic piece when inserted & stand out, perhaps instead of using glue to fix these in, use a bit of the same paint colour on the edges of the plastic to hide the cut sides reflecting that white appearance ?

oh and a bit of yellow on the bogie step top.

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Also, where's coach C? I just presumed it wouldn't fit in the cabinet at GETS.

Hi Tom,

When we get decorated samples from the factory we get one of each coach type. As coach C is the same tooling as another coach in the rake only one is required. The rest are different tooling. 

Stolen from elsewhere (Twitter)

90566FC1-F2DB-4203-A4EF-ACD8E85B6DC4.jpeg.e0f747105f462733f0ee7b9412411e1b.jpeg

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

When we get decorated samples from the factory we get one of each coach type. As coach C is the same tooling as another coach in the rake only one is required. The rest are different tooling. 

Stolen from elsewhere (Twitter)

90566FC1-F2DB-4203-A4EF-ACD8E85B6DC4.jpeg.e0f747105f462733f0ee7b9412411e1b.jpeg

Cheers!

Fran

Ah right I presumed the livery was different on all.

I left too soon! I'd have liked to have seen them!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

The sun is shining directly onto the subject in your photo which will have an impact, but as stated in my post these are yet to be fully assessed and signed off for production so there will indeed be tweaks where required. Black strip on windows indeed missing but that will be on the production models (same for Caledonian Sleepers)

Cheers!

Fran 

Quite correct, also it has the effect of boosting the contrast between colours where as the studio shots of the models are quite obviously a softlight effect, they look a bloody good match to me.

As for a comment from me…..JEEZ! They would be good as 7 mm models, to look like that as 4 mm I think raises the bar somewhat more than just a bit :drink_mini:

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The orange cantrail isn't straight from bodyside to cab front, it doesnt go in-between headlight and destination blind, it dips between the blind and drivers window.

The orange cantrail was moved before the sets entered passenger service, that on the model correctly goes above the destination display not below it as it portrays an in service set.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, brynna79 said:

Hi Fran, 

I can't seem to find it, is there a pre-order deadline for the TPE carriages. 

Cheers 

No, we don't have deadlines as such, but once the models are in final assembly, we lose any flexibility with numbers, which is when they can possibly sell out. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, McC said:

No, we don't have deadlines as such, but once the models are in final assembly, we lose any flexibility with numbers, which is when they can possibly sell out. 

Thanks for the clarity.  I will take that onboard. Was looking at placing a preorder at the end of the month - does that work with what you have said. 

Cheers

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, brynna79 said:

Thanks for the clarity.  I will take that onboard. Was looking at placing a preorder at the end of the month - does that work with what you have said. 

Cheers

If it helps, you can place an order for the MK5's with a £30 deposit, or place an order with no money down and avail of our flexible instalment options. 

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, brynna79 said:

Cheers

And you should be plenty safe by month end to place an order @brynna79

Cheers!

Fran 

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, GWR 802006 said:

@Accurascale Fran I am thinking of ordering one of the Transpennine packs around the 23rd of December will they still be available to pre order? 

Hi there!

I would imagine so but I can’t guarantee by then for sure. Rest assured we will be letting people know in advance if numbers start getting tight!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2021 at 12:14, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just over 8 weeks ago we informed you of the frustration we were experiencing in capturing the complex livery on our TPE Mark 5 coaches. Well, as can be seen above, below and in the cabinet at GETS this weekend, the factory has come up trumps and solved the issue! Wowza indeed!

These samples arrived just in time for GETS earlier this week, and have yet to be assessed in depth by our production team. However, early signs are very positive.

Enjoy the pics!

P1044037.jpg.65b24ddd0309537097545cb1b2ecd1f8.jpg

P1044045.jpg.c8a7e80cc8d991d5738db39dea9ea2ca.jpg

P1044054.jpg.5b43d6d6030243cc0331ff7150fe85c3.jpg

P1044064.jpg.64f624d929e68688de78f8aec2aae9a2.jpg

P1044071.jpg.e59f33c4f1de7578153fc3cd80c6da1e.jpg

P1044081.jpg.b92799febf88ceab90aa0efaaa5ad32e.jpg

P1044088.jpg.25000c3c3066d00156bc2ab811a7ff5a.jpg

P1044092.jpg.de671db93ed9f5979f78df0d8b5ecf98.jpg

P1044097.jpg.035076782d15bfe45ff19752fcd02d1f.jpg

P1044105.jpg.42cbd56a8b12c965ad7b2b9126f6953c.jpg

As we said in our sleeper update, delivery of the Mark 5 coaches will be in 2022. We are still to confirm a precise delivery date but once these models are assessed after GETS we will feed back to the factory then and then nail down a final delivery date within the next 14 days. Your patience is much appreciated but as you can see, the wait will be well worthwhile!

Pre-order yours today: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/mark-5-coaches 

Cheers!

Fran 

P1044077.jpg

Hey guys, any delivery date in mind yet? Thanks. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, toolongtoremember said:

Hey guys, any delivery date in mind yet? Thanks. 

Hi there,

Not yet as we are still assessing and testing. As we said previously, once that is complete and feedback is sent to the factory we will get a date and we will publish it then.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 31/10/2021 at 09:20, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

Not yet as we are still assessing and testing. As we said previously, once that is complete and feedback is sent to the factory we will get a date and we will publish it then.

Cheers!

Fran

I really admire not being pressured into dates and stuff and making sure it's done properly.

Lots of respect for your company :good:

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

I really admire not being pressured into dates and stuff and making sure it's done properly.

Lots of respect for your company :good:

Very true, especially in responding to the "are we there yet? are we there yet?" type queries :)

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, BR Blue said:

Very true, especially in responding to the "are we there yet? are we there yet?" type queries :)

We're probably quite sympathetic as that's the constant refrain our product team, project managers, cad team, and factories hear on a daily basis from us :)

• Like 1
  • Funny 9