Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

At least we know this will appear and it will probably kill off DJ Models plan to produce a Class 92.  I wonder if he’s sold his drawings and scans to Accurascale to produce theirs?

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

At least we know this will appear and it will probably kill off DJ Models plan to produce a Class 92.  I wonder if he’s sold his drawings and scans to Accurascale to produce theirs?

Hi Jools,

Our 92 is designed by us with research done by ourselves and with kind help from Revolution Trains who had extensive work done for their N gauge locomotive.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the positive feedback! 

We are doing 11 different locos in our first run in numerous liveries. They will be offered DCC ready or DCC Sound Fitted with ESU Loksound 5. They will have detail differences where applicable, such as the deliner coupling mod to match our Mark 5s on the appropriate locos.

We are due a full concrete price after CNY which we would have had in place for Glasgow, but as you now all know this news was leaked early so we cant firm it up totally yet. However, expect it to be in around the Deltic prices. We are operating the deposit scheme for these too, and if you want to take the leap of faith you can now place your orders for £30 per loco on our site: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/british-rail-class-92

Delivery is slated for early 2020.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Oh, most excellent! The only thing I can grump about is that I haven’t found the cash for a Deltic quite yet. Here’s hoping for a decent mechanism of the traditional sort which provides plenty of power, smoothly, and doesn’t fry itself.

Oh it will be 5 pole, skew wound, twin flywheels and lots of pulling power with plenty of weight and helical gearing. with 16 coaches to pull they need to be strong!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Oh, most excellent! The only thing I can grump about is that I haven’t found the cash for a Deltic quite yet. Here’s hoping for a decent mechanism of the traditional sort which provides plenty of power, smoothly, and doesn’t fry itself.

I have a feeling that we will all be blown away in this and other departments.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While this does look excellent I do feel for another company that had identified this as a model that would be viable and had started down the road of producing one. I'm sure this will be an excellent model, but also think that some main companies need to brace themselves. A class 37 and 47 is sure to follow...

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic,

i’d given up any hope on that glacial moving version ever coming, I was resigned to my Lima class 92’s (as the Hornby one was never as good).

Thrilled by this 92038 in the bag, my orders in, i may do a renumber to 92033.. 1st 92 to Blackpool, and first thru all AC electric service from London, even if it was from Waterloo.

I didnt see that coming, but my order for one is in already :-)

more to follow.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Woohoo!! Take my money pleaseeeee!!! Finally a proper Class 92. OO gaugers will be treated to both a low-spec and high spec one now. Excellent choice by Accurascale. I'll pre-order one the moment the price is finalized.

Cheers guys! Totally made my day a lot better. I can now put my detailing kits on the back burner and concentrate on other detailing kits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I doubt that very much as Accurascale do their own CADs and surveying.

• Agree 2