Class 92, By Accurascale

My only question at this stage, concerns the shoe beams as my layout actually has Peco conductor 3rd rail (00 gauge).

And models made to date with fitted shoe beams are a real hotch potch of styles that makes laying and testing Peco 3rd rails great fun:

some models have shoe beams that sit just above them....

some sit just above them outside (which doubtless would be correct for P4)....

some sit just outside them but just below the 3rd rail height (which means I have to cut short any 3rd rails going into points)

and one sits below the 3rd rail height, in line with the actual rail......

My thoughts would be to have that adjustable shoe beams or  by default set in up position clear of the 3rd rail. Though I suspect other's thoughts will be better than mine.

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A very clever idea of doing the sleepers plus the loco - a pity other folk aren't so cute with that approach although Hornby are doing the same sort of thing with their GWR non-gangwayed coaches and new large prairie as complimentary releases instead of one trailing the other in different years so maybe we will see more of this sort of thing; real joined up thinking.  And what a specification, this really is going to be the bees knees in British electric outline locos.   The only problem is that yet again these clever fellahs are not producing something which suits my modelling interests in terms o time and area.  But I spent an awful lot of time in my final big railway job drawing up new trainplans and revising diagrams for the real Class 92s (not that any of it ever happened alas) so maybe when one comes along in the right livery even I might be tempted.

And I do spare a thought for those who have put money into the crowdfunded version from elsewhere but regrettably if you start investing in the manufacturing and development process you are always going to run the risk of losing out on your investment - just like manufacturers finding they are running along duplicate lines and having to halt development after spending a lot of money.  And maybe there might turn out to be three different Class 92 models in the market although it is very clear where the creme de la creme is now coming from. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

i don't get the bundle deal thing (you can have the 92 loco but only if you do the Mk5 stock too or Vicky verky)  that was take it or leave it.   never heard of this approach before so what was the thought process behind that Fran?

The 92 is not my bag but still its good to see another AC loco get made.    Now...….the 81, 82, 83, 84...…..89, 91.

Edited by ThaneofFife
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, BR Blue said:

I doubt that very much as Accurascale do their own CADs and surveying.

Agree we don't want more lemons on the market that don't run very well.

Edited by 81C
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, ThaneofFife said:

i don't get the bundle deal thing (you can have the 92 loco but only if you do the Mk5 stock too or Vicky verky)  that was take it or leave it.   never heard of this approach before so what was the thought process behind that Fran?

The 92 is not my bag but still its good to see another AC loco get made.    Now...….the 81, 82, 83, 84...…..89, 91.

Hi there,

It’s not something I can go into in depth at the moment due to some confidentiality agreements around the exclusivity deal but the thinking behind it is along the lines of marketing/sales opportunities and brand protection by those companies. Think the possibility of sets/train packs.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

can't you scale up to an O gauge version too?

If you can get 999 orders we gladly will and pay for the 1,000th one ourselves. You can have four liveries within that too. Would we sell 1,000 of them though?

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, 071 said:

If you can get 999 orders we gladly will and pay for the 1,000th one ourselves. You can have four liveries within that too. Would we sell 1,000 of them though?

Cheers!

Fran

I very much doubt it :sarcastic:I can guarantee a sale of at least 2 LOL

Edited by 47606odin
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Kelly said:

Interesting news! will you be able to offer payment plans like SLW did with their 24s? as 92s are very much of interest to me.

Hi Kelly,

We do indeed! We offer a deposit scheme on all our Locos. It’s £30 per locomotive and then you can pay installments between then and delivery. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Have ordered one can I upgrade with sound at some point? Will they be available as per the Deltic or are they made to order?

thanks

mark

Thanks for the order Mark! You can upgrade your order to sound at any time before a cut off date when they go to production. It will be factory fitted as per the Deltics.

Cheers!

Fran

6 minutes ago, 071 said:

Hi Kelly,

We do indeed! We offer a deposit scheme on all our Locos. It’s £30 per locomotive and then you can pay installments between then and delivery. 

Cheers!

Fran

That is great. How long do you expect before delivery?

6 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

While this does look excellent I do feel for another company that had identified this as a model that would be viable and had started down the road of producing one. I'm sure this will be an excellent model, but also think that some main companies need to brace themselves. A class 37 and 47 is sure to follow...

No manufacturer can afford to dilly dally in the model trade these days and I applaud Accurascale for their choice, albeit having to bundle the 92 production in with the Mk5s.  Well done you guys for bringing a whole new attitude to models railways - raising pans and exchangeable wheelsets for finescale gauges are simply brilliant.

Well impressed and Accurascale have certainly brought some pzazz to the hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 071 said:

Hi there,

It’s not something I can go into in depth at the moment due to some confidentiality agreements around the exclusivity deal but the thinking behind it is along the lines of marketing/sales opportunities and brand protection by those companies. Think the possibility of sets/train packs.

Cheers!

Fran

Does that mean a class 397 is on the Horizon too ?

:)

Edited by adb968008

3 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

And I do spare a thought for those who have put money into the crowdfunded version from elsewhere but regrettably if you start investing in the manufacturing and development process you are always going to run the risk of losing out on your investment - just like manufacturers finding they are running along duplicate lines and having to halt development after spending a lot of money.  And maybe there might turn out to be three different Class 92 models in the market although it is very clear where the creme de la creme is now coming from. 

I think it is all about faith in the manufacturer "SM".  Some might speculate that the "one man band" approach is unviable, but take a look at a couple of hard working guys who appear to be turning out some rather excellent 2mm stuff.  Then you have these fellas from Ireland who seem so switched on to our mainland market. From what I can make out there are four of them who seem to gell really well and the swiftness of getting their products to the marketplace is really refreshing.

Have to admit the modern stuff is not my scene but I will definately be purchasing an Accurascale 10800 when it is announced !!!

• Like 1

I claim my (1st!) prize and expect a signed certificate Fran and Paddy. Now SDEG (The Scottish Diesel and Electric Group) have an OHL layout debuting at Glasgow next week and I already own a 3rd rail layout finally I can have the perfect loco for my 'electric perversions'.. this is one size fits all. Beethoven ordered. Well done lads. Didn't see that coming although the lads have all been muttering about 'who is going to do the mk 5s?' for a few weeks, so the zeitgeist rules!

Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 07.39.16.png

Edited by gridwatcher
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

As a DJM Class 92 crowdfunder this announcement actually makes me 'quite angry'. Accurascale must be well aware that there could be serious consequences not only to the manufacture but also to the pocket of the modellers who are trying to keep this project afloat. They are not doing the crowdfunders a favour at all if DJM 'goes down' and will seriously hurt the pockets of backers like myself to hundreds of pounds.

Thanks Accurascale. 

• Funny 2