Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, letterspider said:

As a DJM Class 92 crowdfunder this announcement actually makes me 'quite angry'. Accurascale must be well aware that there could be serious consequences not only to the manufacture but also to the pocket of the modellers who are trying to keep this project afloat. They are not doing the crowdfunders a favour at all if DJM 'goes down' and will seriously hurt the pockets of backers like myself to hundreds of pounds.

Thanks Accurascale. 

Hi Letterspider,

Many thanks for your post. As far as  I’m aware the crowdfunded project is going ahead, so why will you lose out on money? 

Cheers!

Fran

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, letterspider said:

As a DJM Class 92 crowdfunder this announcement actually makes me 'quite angry'. Accurascale must be well aware that there could be serious consequences not only to the manufacture but also to the pocket of the modellers who are trying to keep this project afloat. They are not doing the crowdfunders a favour at all if DJM 'goes down' and will seriously hurt the pockets of backers like myself to hundreds of pounds.

Thanks Accurascale. 

You need to read the posts from AS that state that to do the Mk 5's they needed to do the 92 with it.

To be honest the DJM 92 has been so long in gestation and still doen't have a completed CAD that you can't blame them for seeing an opening in the market. The only one to blame is DJM here.

• Like 2
  • Agree 13

• RMweb Gold
Just now, letterspider said:

I do hope so - or I will. 

Hi letterspider,

I think that matter is between you and the crowdfunder, tbh. Might be worth having a chat with him for assurances over the project and the safety of your deposits etc which would put your mind at ease. Just a thought.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

You need to read the posts from AS that state that to do the Mk 5's they needed to do the 92 with it.

To be honest the DJM 92 has been so long in gestation and still doen't have a completed CAD that you can't blame them for seeing an opening in the market. The only one to blame is DJM here.

I have read those posts and they are interesting and exciting models upcoming. However I don't agree with either of your two statements - one of which is wrong - from the CAD file which has already been released and the other which explains quite clearly why he no longer posts on this forum.

You can hardly blame me from wanting to protect my investment so far?

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, letterspider said:

Thanks Accurascale. 

My plan is to keep funding the DJM version and buy my 2 DJM versions (once/if they become available) and then make a judgement call on which I prefer - we put down for the crowdfunded DJM’s at good entry level prices so I’d imagine that you could likely make that back again on the secondhand market when it comes to shifting these on! 

One could even do the classic and quickly dust an airbrush over the top and sell it on eBay with a huge mark up as “professionally weathered” haha!

Cheers,

James

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, letterspider said:

I have read those posts and they are interesting and exciting models upcoming. However I don't agree with either of your two statements - one of which is wrong - from the CAD file which has already been released and the other which explains quite clearly why he no longer posts on this forum.

Lat posts here as this is the AS 92 thread.

Here is the link to yesterdays DJM press release stating the CAD requires more work.

https://djmodels.co.uk/oo-gauge-class-92-status-update

Quite how you can disagree with it taking too long to be produced has nothing to do with DJM not posting on forums, It will be 9-12 months before this is seen on these shores, some 4 years after it was announced (2016)

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

29 minutes ago, letterspider said:

Thanks Accurascale. 

And elsewhere on the forum, in more than one thread, there are complaints that if a manufacturer is doing XYZ loco/coaches, then where are the coaches/loco to go with it ?

Damned if you do ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

4 minutes ago, 071 said:

Hi letterspider,

I think that matter is between you and the crowdfunder, tbh. Might be worth having a chat with him for assurances over the project and the safety of your deposits etc which would put your mind at ease. Just a thought.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks for your concerns

as the 'crowdfunder' I do hope the project will succeed with my continued support and others like me, provided we see it safely through. 

I don't intend to post any further about this matter on your thread, which will take away from what sounds like it will be a good model and I hope Accurascale may consider other projects such as an 88, 81 etc. and perhaps will we see catenary a well?

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, letterspider said:

Thanks for your concerns

as the 'crowdfunder' I do hope the project will succeed with my continued support and others like me, provided we see it safely through. 

I don't intend to post any further about this matter on your thread, which will take away from what sounds like it will be a good model and I hope Accurascale may consider other projects such as an 88, 81 etc. and perhaps will we see catenary a well?

Thanks Letterspider. You never know what you’ll see from us in the future. We like to play our cards close to our chest as you probably know!

All the best!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hello 071,

'Sdone .... deposit for the 92 made (Oh ..... what have I done!!!).

As an aside, it would be good if there was a method of spreading the cost of a full sleeper rake, as mentioned earlier - perhaps a few more would be interested if the possibility existed. If as you say deliveries could be expected Q1 (or Q2) 2020 then a coach a month (say) would be more affordable. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Philip

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Philou said:

Hello 071,

'Sdone .... deposit for the 92 made (Oh ..... what have I done!!!).

As an aside, it would be good if there was a method of spreading the cost of a full sleeper rake, as mentioned earlier - perhaps a few more would be interested if the possibility existed. If as you say deliveries could be expected Q1 (or Q2) 2020 then a coach a month (say) would be more affordable. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Philip

Hi Philip, 

It is certainly something we will consider. Cheers for the order, they're coming in quite fast which we're pleasantly surprised by! 

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, letterspider said:

In what way can you protect your investment ? Very little unfortunately, This is an internet forum, its not an industry round table.

I wholly understand your concern about putting money down on the class 92.

In 2014 I put money down on the class 71, after it was announced on July 23rd 2014, the CADS were around in Feb 2015. In that case, money was 100% up front, £125 each but AFTER the CADs we ended up waiting a full year longer after Hornbys were delivered, by which time you could buy 71’s forever after for Sub £90 .. ive seen 71’s as low as £60, so what investment did I protect ?

I held on in there believing the Hornby one would take years, be lesser detailed, unfortunately ? both were pretty good (though my DJ ones are slower), and as a result of discounting accepting my loss and taking advantage of the situation, I have 6x 71’s.. 4 x Hornby, 2x DJ. Someday a 71 may get rare, or offer a rtr body of a 74, in which case I can balance it out better, but meanwhile I’m having fun with a few more than i planned for.

The DJ one took 3 years, Hornbys took 2.

The class 92 started in September 2016, and all there is, is a CAD, 2 yrs 5 months later... You dont know the road ahead for the 92, and your not in control of it. The 92 was going to be picked off by  somebody, if the mk5’s were tied to a class 92, if it wasnt Accurascale it could have been Hornby, and lead to a repeat of the above. In many ways your lucky its Accurascale, Hornbys reach and resources are considerably more vast to squash out rivals, and weve seen this year they are not afraid to use it.

regardless blame unfortunately thats how it is, best thing is take advantage of it, even if it means spreading risk, walking away, spending more or just do nothing to wait and see.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, letterspider said:

Thanks Accurascale. 

I am also a DJM Class 92 crowdfunder but am fully aware of the risks involved.  I think the risks associated with the latter venture have just got somewhat worse and so have ordered an Accurascale Class 92.

As they say: “Life is tough in the aluminum siding business”.

Darius

• Like 4

7 hours ago, letterspider said:

Thanks for your concerns

Dapol have rights for class 88 so no one else can do it

• RMweb Gold

As far as I’m concerned, DJ Models Class 92 is a lost cause because mainly lack of updates and any progress.  I would have happily stayed with DJ Models but my frustration grew and finally cancelled my order before you announced your Class 92’s and Mk 5’s.  I’ve asked for my deposit back back but had no reply which comes as no surprise.

I’ve ordered a Class 55 Deltic (albeit one of Rail specials) and will be ordering a Caledonian liveried Class 92 shortly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I’ve asked for my deposit back back but had no reply which comes as no surprise.

It is not a deposit.  It is risk capital.  You may get a model at the end of the process or you may get nothing.  DJM is under no obligation to refund you if you pull out or if the project fails.

That is the reality of crowdfunding.

Darius 

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 071 said:

Hi Philip, 

It is certainly something we will consider. Cheers for the order, they're coming in quite fast which we're pleasantly surprised by! 

Cheers!

Fran

Why are you surprised ? You shouldn’t be.You’ve got form in intelligent marketing already.As they say,you’ve hit the ground running considering that a twelve month ago most of us had never heard of you and since then we are already in receipt of quality rolling stock.Then comes Warley and the Deltic grandstanding. To crown it all you realise that you’ve reinstated the “train set” with a coordinated production of the sleeper and 92 and TPE.Dapol 68 sales must be rocketing with that news alone.It’s nostalgically retro to relish a proper train with a locomotive at the front...or back as the case may be.Magic and good to see the cooperation with BenA etc.

• Agree 7
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Why are you surprised ? You shouldn’t be.You’ve got form in intelligent marketing already.As they say,you’ve hit the ground running considering that a twelve month ago most of us had never heard of you and since then we are already in receipt of quality rolling stock.Then comes Warley and the Deltic grandstanding. To crown it all you realise that you’ve reinstated the “train set” with a coordinated production of the sleeper and 92 and TPE.Dapol 68 sales must be rocketing with that news alone.It’s nostalgically retro to relish a proper train with a locomotive at the front...or back as the case may be.Magic and good to see the cooperation with BenA etc.

Thanks for the kind words, Ian! I guess I'm surprised at just how many orders are coming in, which even despite a lack of firm RRP and a bodged announcement have been very, very many! Electric locos seem to be a bit taboo still so we always had a small degree of trepidation, but so far you guys are rewarding our venture into yet another brave new world. We cant do any of it without your support, and working with other exciting companies like Revolution .Thank you all for your support!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

35 minutes ago, 071 said:

Thanks for the kind words, Ian! I guess I'm surprised at just how many orders are coming in, which even despite a lack of firm RRP and a bodged announcement have been very, very many! Electric locos seem to be a bit taboo still so we always had a small degree of trepidation, but so far you guys are rewarding our venture into yet another brave new world. We cant do any of it without your support, and working with other exciting companies like Revolution .Thank you all for your support!

Cheers!

Fran

To to top it all, your customer service is excellent. I sent a query by e-mail, reply and sorted in less than 15 minutes. Granted that was probably an exception. And we had the Cemflo reductions due to a minor delay that I doubt anyone would have worried about, and the Xmas card. Everywhere I look, you guys are tops (well not BR tops!), really high standards set everywhere, impressive marketing, models and customer service. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, ChuffChuff said:

Great news! I am really interested in ordering a model but I run DC, how would the pantographs work?

Also I model EWS so wondering if you are considering to do 92 031

Hi There!

We have a bit of work to do on the pans to make sure they work for DC users. We are doing 92001 in EWS libery.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1