Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you for confirming the price. I don't model electric trains although with these superb models for a really good price I may have to make an exception. 

Please could you answer a few questions that I have:

1. How does payment for the 92s work? Is the initial payment of £30 per model compulsory to reserve each model? Then do we pay the remaining £130 when they arrive in stock with you, but before they are dispatched out to customers? 

2. Looking at the website with regards to payment for the 92s, if we pay the deposit of £30 per model is this taken straight away when clicking the pay deposit only button? Also by clicking the pay in full now button does this take the £160 immediately for the DCC Ready versions? 

3. The working pantograph is going to be excellent. Will this simply be controlled by a button on our DCC controllers alike directional lighting, cab lighting etc? For example F1, F2 etc?

4. Will any of the models come with Limited Edition certificates? 

5. What DCC Decoder will the models accept? 8 Pin or 21 Pin? 

6. Also will the models be compatible with any DCC Decoder?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Hi there,

Certainly!

1. The £30 per loco is compulsory if you wish to reserve your locomotive. You can then pay off the balance between now and the locos coming into stock, in staggered payments that suit you, or in a lump. Whichever suits you!

2. Yes, the payment of £30 or full price of £160 or £250 is taken straight away. 

3. Correct, it will have DCC functionality when it comes to raising or lowering the pan.

4. No, unless we do a limited edition cert. there will be a booklet though with information on the class and the model.

5. It will be a 21pin interface.

6. The models will be compatible with any 21pin decoder. Full functionality will depend on how many functions the decoder can support of course.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Fran

• Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, 071 said:

Hi there,

Certainly!

1. The £30 per loco is compulsory if you wish to reserve your locomotive. You can then pay off the balance between now and the locos coming into stock, in staggered payments that suit you, or in a lump. Whichever suits you!

2. Yes, the payment of £30 or full price of £160 or £250 is taken straight away. 

3. Correct, it will have DCC functionality when it comes to raising or lowering the pan.

4. No, unless we do a limited edition cert. there will be a booklet though with information on the class and the model.

5. It will be a 21pin interface.

6. The models will be compatible with any 21pin decoder. Full functionality will depend on how many functions the decoder can support of course.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Fran

Hi Fran, 

Thank you for the reply and the information. 

That's brilliant. Now to decide on what to buy.

Thanks again.  

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Pre Order will take you to the checkout to fill in your details and choose payment method. 

The Buy Now link under that will let you use PayPal express or Apple Pay or Google pay which lets you checkout without having to re-enter your information. 

Both options support paying deposit or in full!

hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, McC said:

Pre Order will take you to the checkout to fill in your details and choose payment method. 

The Buy Now link under that will let you use PayPal express or Apple Pay or Google pay which lets you checkout without having to re-enter your information. 

Both options support paying deposit or in full!

hope that helps!

Thank you for the reply and the info. It's very much appreciated. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Craig1989 said:

Out of interest as I’ve done a pre order for the 92s how do I change it to the monthly payment? 

Hi Craig

jusg drop us a direct line with your order ID and we will bill you for the balance early allowing you to pay in installments 

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Im interested in a sound fitted model, if I paid the deposit, what would the monthly payments be roughly?

If it's like the Deltic you can pay as little or as much as you like once your £30 deposit is paid. Some have split the balance up and set up a monthly standing order, or you could just wait until shipping and pay the balance in one nice big fat payment :)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RedgateModels said:

If it's like the Deltic you can pay as little or as much as you like once your £30 deposit is paid. Some have split the balance up and set up a monthly standing order, or you could just wait until shipping and pay the balance in one nice big fat payment :)

Hi guys,

Correct. It’s at your leisure between now and they arrive in stock.

Cheers!

Fran

7 hours ago, 071 said:

Hi guys,

Correct. It’s at your leisure between now and they arrive in stock.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks, when are they due into stock. Im currently paying £63 a month to butlins but that ends in march so could potentially put that towards the loco

On 19/02/2019 at 17:20, Great Western said:

£160 for a standard model is very good indeed, and £250 for a sound one as well - although a sound 92 would be equally archived by running the wife’s hover !

Do you mean "the wife's hoover" or does she also have to cut your grass with the "hover" mower ???

If she does both jobs for you, then  Sir, you have got a

"Good one" there, and it would be foolish of you to trade her in for a "Newer, super detailed model"  

Lol

Edited by Perfect Paul
  • Funny 6

25 minutes ago, 071 said:

Good morning Model Rail Scotland! Here is the first CAD draft of our forthcoming Class 92! There is still plenty of tweaks required, but we’re delighted with how it’s going. Once these tweaks are made it will be making its way east for tooling in the coming weeks! Find out more on stand B49!

We’re going to be quite busy over the weekend at the show but we will do our best to answer questions when we can!

Cheers!

Fran

B0374382-B9BA-45C8-AC05-7E987B65A5DB.png.9c0f120edd8c233513b9cc5c4a17041a.png

A5C55D6A-F879-45F0-A8D3-341D63959B77.png.df28b4e6182c0be9ad7d7f61ac78b20e.png

NOW THAT'S A BEAUTY!!! And that's how you advertise and deliver on promises...Well done Accurascale.

I have placed my pre-order for one of these.

SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

I have no interest in these electrics but it is starting to look promising. Should be a great model if this is just the start. 

Did some of you Accurascale lads win the Euro millions with the speed your models are progressing!!:)

Hehe, no, but we are extremely well funded.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Accurascale just dropped the mic :drag:

'drop the mic'
US informal

to intentionally drop a microphone after you have given a speech or performance, as a way of making an impressive ending

Every day is, in fact, a school day.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I operate "under the wires", so naturally have all my AC electrics with pantographs in contact with the catenary (admittedly not live since conversion to DCC some years ago). Will the operational pantograph arms on the 92 allow this to happen i.e. flexible elbows to allow up/down movement when raised with the loco runnning under bridges/tunnels etc. ?

Many thanks for what is going to make a superb model.

David

I've got a Caledonian Sleeper one on pre-order, hoping it will accompany the Hornby Caledonian Sleeper Class 87 to come. Hornby's previous Caledonian Sleeper Class 67 was a disaster when it came to colour, I have passed on my views to a Hornby rep, hopefully they've improved the colour (from the basic artwork it does look a better shade), but this time around I hope it is a closer match to the real thing and also to Accurascale's Class 92.

If I do end up with some spare funds I'll buy an EWS Class 92 also.