Class 92, By Accurascale

7 hours ago, 071 said:

Good morning Model Rail Scotland! Here is the first CAD draft of our forthcoming Class 92! There is still plenty of tweaks required, but we’re delighted with how it’s going. Once these tweaks are made it will be making its way east for tooling in the coming weeks! Find out more on stand B49!

We’re going to be quite busy over the weekend at the show but we will do our best to answer questions when we can!

Cheers!

Fran

B0374382-B9BA-45C8-AC05-7E987B65A5DB.png.9c0f120edd8c233513b9cc5c4a17041a.png

A5C55D6A-F879-45F0-A8D3-341D63959B77.png.df28b4e6182c0be9ad7d7f61ac78b20e.png

Please add these images to the original post also, will be easier to find in future for anyone who wants to see CAD images (just a thought).

• Friendly/supportive 1

Guest teacupteacup
12 hours ago, 071 said:

Good morning Model Rail Scotland! Here is the first CAD draft of our forthcoming Class 92! There is still plenty of tweaks required, but we’re delighted with how it’s going. Once these tweaks are made it will be making its way east for tooling in the coming weeks! Find out more on stand B49!

We’re going to be quite busy over the weekend at the show but we will do our best to answer questions when we can!

Cheers!

Fran

A5C55D6A-F879-45F0-A8D3-341D63959B77.png.df28b4e6182c0be9ad7d7f61ac78b20e.png

Christ on an actual bike!

Thats how to do it!  Well done guys, I normally model 70's-80's, and small but I may just have to get one of these.  

13 hours ago, 071 said:

Interesting to see the first CAD images.  A question if I may - I am curious as to whether you might have considered brass/metal turned horns for the cab roofs, especially as the horns are such a prominent feature of the Class 92?  And also as we have been used to plastic moulded horns for so long now, which in my opinion often leave a lot to be desired in terms of fidelity and realism and often the one detail on the front of any model that scream 'toy'.  Turned metal horns would be such a nice feature if they could be incorporated, especially as this is going to be such a 'high-spec' model in many other respects?  :)

cheers

Al

Edited by YesTor
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1

I realize it may well be early days for signing-off livery drawings etc, but I think there might be a glitch on your proposed artwork for 92020.  Although correct for 92032, the spaced number format shown on the art for 92020 appears to be incorrect, as I believe the format should be 92020, as opposed to 92 020.  Also, to my eye the positioning of both the GBRf logo and numbering should be more vertically central.  And lastly, the yellow warning panel is more 'squared-off' in appearance as opposed to the 'curvy'-edged style as adopted by other operators:

732816654_Accurascale92020.jpeg.b9b9385e97b255aae85a4d84138493ad.jpeg

92020.jpg.6abef947db20213a1f0a824494502591.jpg

cheers

Al

Edited by YesTor
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Al,

Livery graphics are only ‘artist impressions’ For illustration purposes, they won’t be used for final decoration, as they’re currently missing a lot of details, such as warning labels etc. it will be correct on the final models.

cheers!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, YesTor said:

Interesting to see the first CAD images.  A question if I may - I am curious as to whether you might have considered brass/metal turned horns for the cab roofs, especially as the horns are such a prominent feature of the Class 92?  And also as we have been used to plastic moulded horns for so long now, which in my opinion often leave a lot to be desired in terms of fidelity and realism and often the one detail on the front of any model that scream 'toy'.  Turned metal horns would be such a nice feature if they could be incorporated, especially as this is going to be such a 'high-spec' model in many other respects?  :)

cheers

Al

This is a great shout, the diesel-equivalent Hornby Class 60’s plastic horns are vulnerable, of all the used versions I’ve bought over the years you can guarantee that at least one of the horns has been knocked off! 

CADs looking superb, 2020 will be well worth waiting for!

Cheers,

James

• Agree 3

Hi accurasale,

I have a quick question, depending on how well the 92 sells (which I think it will do) could we possibly see a separate Brecknell Willis HS pantograph as a pack as it would fill the void of pantograph’s and would allow us modellers to get hold of one, just a suggestion though

best regards, Matthew

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 24/02/2019 at 09:06, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Hi accurasale,

I have a quick question, depending on how well the 92 sells (which I think it will do) could we possibly see a separate Brecknell Willis HS pantograph as a pack as it would fill the void of pantograph’s and would allow us modellers to get hold of one, just a suggestion though

best regards, Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Many thanks for the message!

It is something we are certainly looking into, and if it’s practical from the factory POV we can do it. Watch this space!

We had some great feedback about the 92 over the weekend at Model Rail Scotland. One question that came up a couple of times was if the Accurascale 92 is a crowdfunding project? I can confirm it is not, and it will be made and funded by Accurascale. The deposit system is merely an indication of commitment so we can plan how many to make of each variant. Hope this helps with any assurances.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 071 said:

Hi Matthew,

Many thanks for the message!

It is something we are certainly looking into, and if it’s practical from the factory POV we can do it. Watch this space!

We had some great feedback about the 92 over the weekend at Model Rail Scotland. One question that came up a couple of times was if the Accurascale 92 is a crowdfunding project? I can confirm it is not, and it will be made and funded by Accurascale. The deposit system is merely an indication of commitment so we can plan how many to make of each variant. Hope this helps with any assurances.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran,

Thanks for that, I will keep an eye on this for the next few months and I really look forward to seeing it in the flesh. Like I said before, this is going to be a stunner (perhaps a little room for a 91 as well?)

best regards, Matthew 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 159220 said:

Is the pantograph overscale in the CAD because you have the springs/rods internally? Or just a very early CAD? Rest looks awesome! 

It's "placeholder CAD" as there's scale engineering to sort out and a fair bit of complexity to get it operationally correct, have the required visual fidelity and operational robustness. 

RM

• Informative/Useful 1

If the finished product (pantograph) looks similar to what's in the CAD, I really hope Accurascale think about selling these as spares, if DCC controlled then on a base with the servos mounted already. That way anyone with an older model can simply cut out a whole in the roof to size and then drop in the DCC controlled one.

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

If the finished product (pantograph) looks similar to what's in the CAD, I really hope Accurascale think about selling these as spares, if DCC controlled then on a base with the servos mounted already. That way anyone with an older model can simply cut out a whole in the roof to size and then drop in the DCC controlled one.

That poses slightly different issues, practically sounds ok,

but painting the roof section to match the rest of the roof, or just aligning it to fill the cracks could risk damaging the pantograph.

i’d prefer a two part myself, inside body piece, which I put a small hole in the roof, and the pantograph to mount on the roof, even if the fittings clipped together through the roof, using the insulators as mountings ?

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

The provison of the pan as a spare part and how it is provided is down to how practical it can be done by the factory. Let’s wait and see what can be done. Our primary priority is to have them looking and functioning superbly on our dyson, anything after that is a bonus.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, cs233 said:

Gap between the body the bogies? Looks a little large compared to prototype images. Clearly not as bad as the huge gap on the Bachmann 37 but to my eyes seems a little too much on the images?

Hi there,

The ride height is something that absolutely will be corrected, dont worry!

Cheers,

Fran

On 28/02/2019 at 20:58, Ouroborus said:

Hmm.  I have one on order, but I'm getting increasingly tempted for more.  Must avoid the ScotRail, must avoid the ScotRail, must avoid the ScotRail

That'll be easy enough - (Abellio) ScotRail don't have any! 

• Funny 3