Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone, we’re quite excited about how it is shaping up! 

Cheers!

Fran

Getting that level of detail on the roof is unsurpassed.

i mean seriously steam locomotives are way less complicated than that.

Theres got to be a serious number of pieces there, I was thinking how much I liked my Lima 92’s over the Hornby ones, and the merits of upgrading, but this has to be one of the best modern image  rtr upgrades...

until a few hours ago, I thought this was good...

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/oo-gauge-lima-class-92-victor-hugo-1776544498

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Getting that level of detail on the roof is unsurpassed.

i mean seriously steam locomotives are way less complicated than that.

Theres got to be a serious number of pieces there, I was thinking how much I liked my Lima 92’s over the Hornby ones, and the merits of upgrading, but this has to be one of the best modern image  rtr upgrades...

until a few hours ago, I thought this was good...

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/oo-gauge-lima-class-92-victor-hugo-1776544498

Cheers man, the roof is where the detail is at on the 92 and since we spend most of our time looking down on our models it was critical to get it spot on and go to town on it.

599101071_roofdetail.jpg.310a128c8349b50db2be68fd180f78b7.jpg

That's not to say we haven't gone to town on the rest of the loco. We have, but what has gone before just hasn't cut it roof wise, so it was essential we do it justice! There is plenty of detail around the bogies and battery boxes etc too.

1893992345_92bogie.jpg.ef5b708508e1876435f79499bcb5c48d.jpg

73814641_92Batteryboxes.jpg.20d4373aee22e2bcbd9915a12e7760b6.jpg

Of course, we also had to do the new Dellner fitted 92s to go with our Mark 5s, fully modified bufferbeam as per the correct locos of course. 

1435417294_image(11).png.efe2c70e07b3d9ab9c4e608e8915446d.png

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers man, the roof is where the detail is at on the 92 and since we spend most of our time looking down on our models it was critical to get it spot on and go to town on it.

That's not to say we haven't gone to town on the rest of the loco. We have, but what has gone before just hasn't cut it roof wise, so it was essential we do it justice! There is plenty of detail around the bogies and battery boxes etc too.

Of course, we also had to do the new Dellner fitted 92s to go with our Mark 5s, fully modified bufferbeam as per the correct locos of course. 

Cheers!

Fran

OMG

WOW, cant describe how good they look. Probably the best detail i have seen in a model. !00/10 rating on looks, certainly looks like a load of time is spent into this project :) .

*hinting* (Just need a stobart livery confirmed and my pre-order will be straight in ;))  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, John ks said:

The couplings look great

Now if you could make them functional & then fit them to the coaches:)

John

Now theres a thought, could it be possible to make an NEM fitted dellner, a one piece coupling bar that connects the loco and coaches, with the dellner pieces moulded in the centre, (a bit like how Bachmann / Hornby permanently fasten their EMU/DMU coaches ?).

going an odd step further, if the coaches had light fittings, and power through the dellner style coupling they could be controlled by the DCC chip on the loco ?

ok i’ll stop my creativity there before I get in trouble.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Now theres a thought, could it be possible to make an NEM fitted dellner, a one piece coupling bar that connects the loco and coaches, with the dellner pieces moulded in the centre, (a bit like how Bachmann / Hornby permanently fasten their EMU/DMU coaches ?).

going an odd step further, if the coaches had light fittings, and power through the dellner style coupling they could be controlled by the DCC chip on the loco ?

ok i’ll stop my creativity there before I get in trouble.

It’s very difficult to do but we may have a cunning plan. I can say no more at the moment....

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran

The jaw has hit the floor again!!! WOW!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, letterspider said:

Can your model be blocked from production by DJ Models as has been suggested?

Who the hell suggested that???...apologies I'm not aware of this development and hopefully you're joking :jester:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I do not think it is an announcement, more of a delusional rant. DJM might have a case against some using his CADs but none whatsoever with anyone who creates their own. If his argument had merit Hornby would be able to stop him producing a class 92 model as they already did one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold

Of course all design work on the 92 in the Accurascale office will have stopped after DJs anouncement. . . Have you ever tried controlling a computer mouse while P@$&%¥@G Yourself laughing ?

• Funny 17

4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

This is absolutely correct. We have done our own CAD from scratch for the Class 92, and see no legal precedents that can stop us doing a model of this (or indeed any other) locomotive or item of rolling stock. Legal precedents would show quite the opposite.

Anyway, it’s in tooling so can’t be stopped now. Our 92 won’t be affected by this. 

Obviously we will not look to comment further on the matters of another manufacturer, other than to reassure everyone that our 92 will be a reality in the next 12 months and is going to be the best model of this locomotive in 4mm, of that we are confident.

Cheers,

Fran

After tonight, I have a sneaky feeling a few more orders will be coming your way over the next day or two!

• Like 6
  • Agree 6

Ok I've now read that other companies announcement and the associated thread thus out of sheer disbelief and anger I'm going to order another Class 92...yes from Accurascale & this time in the same colour as my face right now DB Red :taunt:

Edited by classy52
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, 66738 said:

After tonight, I have a sneaky feeling a few more orders will be coming your way over the next day or two!

Hi there,

I can confirm we have received a nice few orders for our Class 92 this evening, which is great to see. We’ve put a lot into her, so we’re delighted that it’s being so well received.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3