Class 92, By Accurascale

I too like the idea of this new pantograph and it will be great to see that there will be no crude looking springs like there is on my Lima and Hornby examples which I will keep but I will pass them onto my children when I raise a family and they are old enough/interested enough to use them. 

Incase I've missed it. I would like to ask if the cab interior will be detailed like the Hornby Class 60 is and will the cab interior be easy to access in terms of adding a driver? Because I am doing to put a driver into the cab of my examples to bring them some life! ;).

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, BritishRail60062 said:

I too like the idea of this new pantograph and it will be great to see that there will be no crude looking springs like there is on my Lima and Hornby examples which I will keep but I will pass them onto my children when I raise a family and they are old enough/interested enough to use them. 

Incase I've missed it. I would like to ask if the cab interior will be detailed like the Hornby Class 60 is and will the cab interior be easy to access in terms of adding a driver? Because I am doing to put a driver into the cab of my examples to bring them some life! ;).

Yes, the interior will be completely detailed and painted / printed. We'll certainly look at access options for drivers!

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Fitzer said:

Will you be featuring opening cab doors like the Hornby 60? Same for your other locos, Deltic and A class?

Hi Fitzer,

No, we dont plan to do opening cab doors as we are not too fond on the light bleed, fit etc they cause.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, McC said:

Yes, the interior will be completely detailed and painted / printed. We'll certainly look at access options for drivers!

Great stuff Fran, I do plan to add Kato Figures into the cabs of mine as I think it makes the model more life like :) .

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi Accurascale,

Couple of comments RE the pantographs...

I would like to see the pantograph sprung like the Bachmann class 90 as well as servo operated so that the pan moves up and down a bit under changing overhead wire heights - is that something you can confirm without giving away your pantograph secret? 

Also, the only way I can see doing away with the unprototypical additional support arm is to have a chain / cord inside the lower arm like the real thing otherwise you won't get the upper and lower arms moving at the same angles which is crucial to a functional pantograph. I realise that you probably can't comment on this as it could give away your design, but I'm hoping this is what you're looking at.

RE the Railfreight Distribution livery - I've ordered one, but could you produce it with the later OLE warning flashes? It's more in keeping with my era, and I would be grateful if it's not been set in stone.

All the best with the model,

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave,

Our pan will allow for continuous contact with catenary wire, that’s all I can say right now as development continues!

As for the warning flashes; it will carry the ones it wore longest in service.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, daveahudson said:

RE the Railfreight Distribution livery - I've ordered one, but could you produce it with the later OLE warning flashes? It's more in keeping with my era, and I would be grateful if it's not been set in stone.

The last model made in stone was by Moses, took the guy a long time to carve it and that was over 2000 years ago,  Much as the haulage would be fantastic on a model set in stone, setting it in plastic would be much more productive...

;)

sorry, couldn't resist.

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Thats an answer without answering...

yellow flashes came in, in 1997, so today that would make them the longest lasting warning flashes in history, at 22 years, (original red was around 17 years, later style was around 21 years....as both over lapped).

But...

RfD didnt last anywhere near that long ! Indeed “in service” is subjective too.. as some of em waited a very long time for that day to arrive....

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Dave,

Our pan will allow for continuous contact with catenary wire, that’s all I can say right now as development continues!

Cheers!

Fran

Many thanks for the speedy response. Not too bothered about the OLE flashes, but don't ask, don't get!

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The last model made in stone was by Moses, took the guy a long time to carve it and that was over 2000 years ago,  Much as the haulage would be fantastic on a model set in stone, setting it in plastic would be much more productive...

;)

sorry, couldn't resist.

Thats an answer without answering...

yellow flashes came in, in 1997, so today that would make them the longest lasting warning flashes in history, at 22 years, (original red was around 17 years, later style was around 21 years....as both over lapped).

But...

RfD didnt last anywhere near that long ! Indeed “in service” is subjective too.. as some of em waited a very long time for that day to arrive....

Good job Moses didn’t use Mazak.........

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, daveahudson said:

Many thanks for the speedy response. Not too bothered about the OLE flashes, but don't ask, don't get!

The livery artwork shows the red ones for the grey/RFD and newer yellow ones on the newer liveries, but I realise that’s not wholly representative. 

On 18/06/2019 at 15:19, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Fitzer,

No, we dont plan to do opening cab doors as we are not too fond on the light bleed, fit etc they cause.

Cheers!

Fran

Never really thought the extra cost to put in functional doors was worth it.

Same with Cab Lights, for the amount of time they are actually on, mine very rarely

Now, the BW HSP, that does need a bit of time effort and some grey matter thrown at it

• Agree 5

A first for me this morning,I was near Ashford Station,heard a strange noise,turned around and saw a fleeting glimse of a Class 92 heading coastbound on HS1,have only ever seen them on the classic lines using 3rd Rail.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

For those who follow the real railway, reported elsewhere that 92006 shall be released from Wabtec Loughborough (Brush Traction) tomorrow. 13 years out of service! Additionally, DB Cargo UK are close to releasing 92029 from Crewe electric (rumoured to have its yellow EWS placed by a DB logo). This one, only 4 years out of service and shall be limited to HS1/Channel Tunnel. 

• Like 1

On 20/06/2019 at 15:16, 33052 said:

A first for me this morning,I was near Ashford Station,heard a strange noise,turned around and saw a fleeting glimse of a Class 92 heading coastbound on HS1,have only ever seen them on the classic lines using 3rd Rail.

The 'Ford' container train goes that way, as some of  the wagon and container combinations are too large for the UK loading gauge. Sending it via HS1 also affords it a much quicker transit; the stock is restricted to 35 mph (56 kph) on 'Classic' UK metals, but can run at 120kph (75 mph) on HS1 and the Channel Tunnel.

Out of interest, at what time did you see this working?

Edited by Fat Controller
Added content
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 159220 said:

For those who follow the real railway, reported elsewhere that 92006 shall be released from Wabtec Loughborough (Brush Traction) tomorrow. 13 years out of service!

About time too! It’ll be needed though...the below image (linked from Flickr) being the result of the latest bout of disruption:

92038, 92023 & 92033

And below is a more informative series of events from a Carlisle driver, if you look at the description and comments it makes for interesting reading!

The Citadel Hotel. Courtesy of Caledonian Sleepers.

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

Almost completely off topic. Reading the account linked to the photo reminded me of a recent incident on the SNCF TGV line leaving Paris. A train made up of two coupled TGVs (so 20 vehicles, and 865 tonnes) was stranded in a tunnel on a rising gradient as a result of an OHLE failure. Getting things moving took a long time - applying scotches to the wheels when the train was first immobilised, not being able to remove the scotches because the train had settled back on them pinning them to the rails - and a whole lot more.

Worth a few minutes with Google translate, so we realise that we are not alone in having problems starting with the OHLE. My rough translation attached below.

https://www.bastamag.net/incident-TGV-recit-conducteur-train-secours-rame-detresse-conditions-travail?var_mode=calcul&fbclid=IwAR2mLurMnos8xUhpKwr0RxQcdw3SdHocfhre9kSaugEPgrGlLp8GwmZp42c

TGV Failure.docx

Edited by Mike Harvey
Added rough translation
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, Fat Controller said:

The 'Ford' container train goes that way, as some of  the wagon and container combinations are too large for the UK loading gauge. Sending it via HS1 also affords it a much quicker transit; the stock is restricted to 35 mph (56 kph) on 'Classic' UK metals, but can run at 120kph (75 mph) on HS1 and the Channel Tunnel.

Out of interest, at what time did you see this working?

Hiya,it wasn't a Freight working as such,it was just Light Engine,it was about 10-30 -10-45 am ish.

• Informative/Useful 1

4 minutes ago, 33052 said:

Hiya,it wasn't a Freight working as such,it was just Light Engine,it was about 10-30 -10-45 am ish.

Unusual to see one that early. There are scheduled one-hour periods without E* (different in the two directions), so the movement was probably at the beginning or end of one of these.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fat Controller said:

Unusual to see one that early. There are scheduled one-hour periods without E* (different in the two directions), so the movement was probably at the beginning or end of one of these.

Yes that's pretty much what I thought,if it wasn't for the noise it made I probably wouldn't have turned around to see it.

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Jack374 said:

About time too! It’ll be needed though...the below image (linked from Flickr) being the result of the latest bout of disruption:

92038, 92023 & 92033

Lets play spot the difference, I’ve only found 2 differences, one on 92033 and one on 92023.

Accurascale could do a limited edition here... the Chaos in Carlisle triple box set, with 038 glued to a piece of track.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 6