Class 92, By Accurascale

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

How far off is Class 92 sample...The Deltic just made me wanna see the Class 92 even more.

Hi Hayley,

It's still in tooling at the moment, we should have a good update on it by Warley. I'm looking forward to it myself, always loved Dysons! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Yes, we will be looking to include this feature.

Cheers!

Fran

Good morning Fran,

Will the class 92s & Deltics be available to your retailer network as soon as they are released or will the be exclusively online for the first few months of sale? 

All the best

Charles

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I know this has been said many times. But please do consider selling the pantographs as spares.

I hope there'll be a sample of the Accurascale Class 92 at Warley.

hi Hayley

As the pan is fully functioning it may be difficult to offer it as a separate detail part due to It’s mechanism. We will try our best to sort something, but might not be practical. We won’t have a sample for warley I’m afraid, the pan is taking a lot of engineering, but we will have a full update on the 92 in the next week or so, so keep an eye out for that!

11 minutes ago, napierlion said:

Good morning Fran,

Will the class 92s & Deltics be available to your retailer network as soon as they are released or will the be exclusively online for the first few months of sale? 

All the best

Charles

Hi Charles,

The plan at the moment is to keep them direct, other than special editions with Rails, Locomotion, DPS etc., but that may change in the future, it depends how successful our trade experiment works out to be, we want to take our time and make the right call on that as it’s a massive decision for our business.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

hi Hayley

As the pan is fully functioning it may be difficult to offer it as a separate detail part due to It’s mechanism. We will try our best to sort something, but might not be practical. We won’t have a sample for warley I’m afraid, the pan is taking a lot of engineering, but we will have a full update on the 92 in the next week or so, so keep an eye out for that!

Hi Charles,

The plan at the moment is to keep them direct, other than special editions with Rails, Locomotion, DPS etc., but that may change in the future, it depends how successful our trade experiment works out to be, we want to take our time and make the right call on that as it’s a massive decision for our business.

Cheers!

Fran

Thank you Fran,

I am going to wait to see if my local retailer, who is an Accurascale stockist receives them, if you decide to distribute to your retail network.

All the best

Charles 

On 10/11/2019 at 09:32, milan243 said:

Will there be pantograph flash/arch/spark sound options included in the sound file, for example when you raise the pantograph?

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Yes, we will be looking to include this feature.

Cheers!

Fran

Wow!

Would a little blue LED be asking too much? (Probable answer: yes & expletive.)

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, napierlion said:

Thank you Fran,

I am going to wait to see if my local retailer, who is an Accurascale stockist receives them, if you decide to distribute to your retail network.

All the best

Charles 

Hi Charles

The best way to help that retailer is to get in touch with them, and ask that they do :)

2 minutes ago, McC said:

Hi Charles

The best way to help that retailer is to get in touch with them, and ask that they do :)

Good afternoon,

Andy is already well aware that I want a Class 92 and a Deltic, as I mention it every time I go in :D

All the best

Charles 

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Hayley

Cheers!

Fran

Don't worry, I'm reliably informed that the Class 92 can run on 12v and doesn't need it's pantogrph :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I await the pantograph with many hopes, but also some fears. Pantographs are typically quite brittle and exposed on models, prone to damage. If spares are not available and the mechanism is "complicated" it might not bode well in the long term. I don't intend to be raising/lowering the pan in practice, just hoping for a decent looking one that can be posed, but one that wont be an achilles heel.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, sorabain said:

I await the pantograph with many hopes, but also some fears. Pantographs are typically quite brittle and exposed on models, prone to damage. If spares are not available and the mechanism is "complicated" it might not bode well in the long term. I don't intend to be raising/lowering the pan in practice, just hoping for a decent looking one that can be posed, but one that wont be an achilles heel.

Hi Sorabain,

We will have to make the pan durable enough to withstand use of course. We will also carry spare parts like we do for all our models for warranty repair etc. The point I was making was the sale of the pan as a separate detail part may not be practical due to the mechanism involved, mating it to other models etc. We will have more news on offering it as a detail part when the design is signed off and testing is complete.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Sorabain,

We will have to make the pan durable enough to withstand use of course. We will also carry spare parts like we do for all our models for warranty repair etc. The point I was making was the sale of the pan as a separate detail part may not be practical due to the mechanism involved, mating it to other models etc. We will have more news on offering it as a detail part when the design is signed off and testing is complete.

Cheers!

Fran

Will you'll consider designing a posable/sprung pantograph to sell as a kit (just like your buffer stops). I have a very basic 3D printed one on offer via my Shapeways shop. It's not functional, just captures the shape and can either be assembled in the raised or lowered position, I still sell anywhere between 5 - 15 a month and it is one of my best selling kits.

I'm assuming that one that can be raised and lowered or sprung and ready to plonk will sell much better than a kit that has to be assembled and modified to be used with the base from an old Hornby one.

Just a thought. People keep asking for one, I'd cash in if I had better resources, I've done the best I could. But even I'd like something better.

• Like 1

Old Hornby's 80s pans where big and chunky, and quite reliable to keep under overhead wires on tighter than real life curves (the wires themselves having to curve with the track between posts which does not happen in reality).

It has been quite a challenge getting the overheads tweaked so that  a sprung loaded fine scale pan remains under them. And there are issues:

Heljans class 76, the pans flop straight backwards as soon as it moves one inch touching the wires.

Bachmann class 85, a very narrow pan which is flexible, it can spring out to the side and then up into the  overhead arms that hold the wires above the rails.

I was sceptical on Hornby's (ex lima class 87) pan, being plastic but it is posable, you can set the height (though not finely so). So posable is a way to go (providing you keep the wires at the same height).

None of these modern pans can collect current from the overheads and equally, they are too fragile to do so. With DCC it is probably obsolete anyway.

Accurascale have raised to challenge admirably. 

I have a question about the DCC sound version of the Class 92. Has it been confirmed if the sounds will be supplied by Legomanbiffo? As I have been listening to those that will be provided on the Hattons 66 and they sound great and this got me thinking that maybe a bass reflex speaker with biffo's sounds would make it a better experience? I am pre-ordering two from Rails of Sheffield that are the DB and the SNCF ones :).

25 minutes ago, BritishRail60062 said:

I have a question about the DCC sound version of the Class 92. Has it been confirmed if the sounds will be supplied by Legomanbiffo? As I have been listening to those that will be provided on the Hattons 66 and they sound great and this got me thinking that maybe a bass reflex speaker with biffo's sounds would make it a better experience? I am pre-ordering two from Rails of Sheffield that are the DB and the SNCF ones :).

See top of screen 17.

6 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

See top of screen 17.

Thanks pal. That has just made my day. I am not used to this new browser yet and everything looks shrunk on it but thanks for the help. I think I will be having those two with sound now and perhaps another three without sound so I don't get told off by the neighbours ;).

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, BritishRail60062 said:

Thanks pal. That has just made my day. I am not used to this new browser yet and everything looks shrunk on it but thanks for the help. I think I will be having those two with sound now and perhaps another three without sound so I don't get told off by the neighbours ;).

Just to confirm that the sound versions (like our Deltic) include:

- ESU LokSound V5 DCC Sound Chip

- Sound Project by 'LegoManBiffo'

- PowerPack Super Capacitor Backup Power (no light flicker or sound interruptions, run for up to 10 seconds without power)

- A Large 'EM2' style bass speaker

- A medium sized 'SugarCube' Style speaker

As well as a both Pantographs motorised and a fully detailed lighting pack.

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/british-rail-class-92

Everything you need to disturb the neighbours :)

Edited by McC
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 12/11/2019 at 09:41, sorabain said:

I am sure Accurascale will be able to provide a fit for purpose "working Pantograph".   I have 2   ESU class 151 Locomotives, both have working Pantographs at both ends of the Locos, which Lift up and down depending on direction, they also have "engine Flash" and sound that goes with the start up. The  ESU 151 is about £100 dearer than the planned 92, though the body is a metal  casting . I have had both models for over 3 years with no problems,

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 11/11/2019 at 10:49, Accurascale Fran said:

hi Hayley

Hi Charles,

Cheers!

Fran

Here's hoping that when you say 'Pan' Fran you have remembered that they have two!! ;)