Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Well, we seem to have made a lot of peoples week this week with our 37 announcement, but this is where we break some bad news with a delay to the 92. :( 

We have been doing a lot of work in the background on this loco and it's going to be gorgeous when it gets here, but to be innovative takes time and a lot of effort, especially around the operating pans. We are getting there though!

528189489_92043DebussyGrey.jpg.6834a5f2ce1082fd7616e7d1ce0d54fd.jpg

More info here, which I hope gives you an insight into the work that has gone into these models. We want these to be game changers, and we reckon they will be! https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/class-92-update

Cheers, and apologies for this delay.

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

Personally I’m willing to wait as long as it takes for a Dyson. A high spec one (let alone a space-age one from Accurascale) has been a very long time coming so it’s no hardship. The pans are arguably the hardest, most delicate parts to get right so I’m intrigued as to the solution that you've come up with. IMHO no one has got a pantograph (sprung or motorised) 100% 'right' yet - although each version of 'right' differs between folk...

The new artwork looks great and I look forward to the end result. At least my bank account can rest slightly! Oh wait, I also want a class 37...hmmm....... ;)

Jack.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

Fran, thanks for the detailed update.

I never wanted a class 92 because my layout has no catenery. But it is very hard for me to resist a model with working pantographs and all the other features you have described. Now I think that I will buy at least one. 

It is worth the wait for a perfect model like this.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the update on the 92, you always said the working pantograph was always going to be the challenging part of the model .I am sure everybody interested in the 92 will be happy to have the delay and the working pantograph, especially at no cost for all the extra work and stress you have encountered, plus no price increase  gives us more time to think of ordering an extra 92, 

Keep up the good work

Regards John

• Thanks 3

Hey Fran!

Personally I don't care whether you'll deliver a Class 92 with a working pantograph (like you'll have described) or a poseable one (like on the Hornby Class 87), either way I am glad someone is doing a high-spec Class 92 and something that I am sure of getting without any drama or money going missing. This delay is a relief also, I have time to save up for the model and possibly get one or two more now.

Please do take your time. The CAD work and artwork looks fabulous. I wish you'll could've had a 3D printed sample ready for Warley.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Well, we seem to have made a lot of peoples week this week with our 37 announcement, but this is where we break some bad news with a delay to the 92. :( 

We have been doing a lot of work in the background on this loco and it's going to be gorgeous when it gets here, but to be innovative takes time and a lot of effort, especially around the operating pans. We are getting there though!

More info here, which I hope gives you an insight into the work that has gone into these models. We want these to be game changers, and we reckon they will be! https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/class-92-update

Fran 

If you do the version shown with Europorte transfers, I wonder if you can do the streaks of grime that run from the cantrail, under the vinyl, then down to the bottom of the side?

Edited by Fat Controller
Spelling

15 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Fran 

Disappointing news on the delay, but bringing a product to market is an incredibly complex process and speed bumps are inevitable & understandable. Wish you guys well and best to get things as close to perfect as possible.

Just a quick question on 92043. On your website, the Europorte 2 logo is illustrated next to the cab door, whereas on here the SNCF logo is visible . Personally I prefer the SNCF version but can't find any pictures to show when it existed. Please can you clarify which version you will be producing?  Appreciate you are all preparing for Warley at the moment. Cheers

Those pans were always going to be a hefty challenge to get as working models while remaining true to prototype. The real thing has a rod running inside a tube or U channel which is a huge challenge in this scale (+ make it robust enough for regular use). Indeed, these pans look like they may end up being more innovative than the Dyson cleaners themselves!   

Great to see Accurascale pushing the boundaries but a working pan is not critical for me personally.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Winter123 said:

Just a quick question on 92043. On your website, the Europorte 2 logo is illustrated next to the cab door, whereas on here the SNCF logo is visible . Personally I prefer the SNCF version but can't find any pictures to show when it existed. Please can you clarify which version you will be producing?  Appreciate you are all preparing for Warley at the moment. Cheers

Good morning!

92043 will be depicted as below:

628029095_92043DebussyGrey.jpg.0e85b76fdb91a881272d858151c2953b.jpg

Similar to the below, 

Edited by McC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps you could do 92020 Milton in its 2001-2018 period...

Solves the pantograph issue nicely.

:-)

Despite it being 25 years old, to think until 2019, no one of less than adult age would have seen it working... It was built at the same time the A1ST were collating drawings, and went in to storage before 60163 had its wheels under its frames, yet only returned as Tornado is reaching the years towards its first boiler overhaul.

Indeed 92006 in Glasgow was a new spot for me in service, last week, and I saw them being built, yet it had been idle since the around the time Class 87’s were still in service.

1D072676-D3B4-42B5-8ED8-7ADC5EB3A6B3.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

In no rush and indeed the delay has got me thinking about ordering a second model now I have time to save up but working Pantograph is not a deal breaker for me. As long as they are durable and poseable that would be fine although obviously I can't speak for anyone else.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, raetiamann said:

A quick question from me, will the locos be produced with or with the 3rd rail gear?

Thanks 

Hi there,

yes, 3rd rail shoes will be present on Locos except for those which had them removed in recent years, depending on condition. Is there a particular one you are interested in?

Cheers!

Fran

50 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

yes, 3rd rail shoes will be present on Locos except for those which had them removed in recent years, depending on condition. Is there a particular one you are interested in?

Cheers!

Fran

Not sure just now, I need to do some research.