Class 92, By Accurascale

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Yes, the 92 will also use our heavy metal chassis. 

OK, not so keen on this 'heavy metal chassis, maybe ok for weight, but when you leave the room will it trash the furniture and throw the tv out of the window while drinking all your booze. Heavy metals ok for listening to, but not as a room mate.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, rembrow said:

OK, not so keen on this 'heavy metal chassis, maybe ok for weight, but when you leave the room will it trash the furniture and throw the tv out of the window while drinking all your booze. Heavy metals ok for listening to, but not as a room mate.

We promise the sound quality and guitar solos will be most epic, though! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

54 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We promise the sound quality and guitar solos will be most epic, though! 

Until you lose your hearing, or head bang yourself unconscious and what about all that hair getting on the track. Def Leppard Class 92 not for me!!!(but I'll have one, only don't tell me mother)

Edited by rembrow

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, rembrow said:

Until you lose your hearing, or head bang yourself unconscious and what about all that hair getting on the track. Def Leppard Class 92 not for me!!!(but I'll have one, only don't tell me mother)

We would class it more early Sabbath than Def Leppard.... 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Now I was convinced until you said it was like Sabbath. Did you see what Ozzy did with a quad bike ---, now I'm not having any 92 of mine climb the embankment and roll down.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

But it's really an AC/DC loco at heart...

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 2
  • Funny 11

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a top video compilation of the Class 92 showing off a variety of prototypical rakes you could model with Accurascale's forthcoming model, must say they are quite loud for an electric locomotive.

This is from the same YouTuber that did the Class 55 video compilation I posted yesterday, must be an Accurascale Fran...I mean fan!

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Dixie,

We will have some very exciting news on this front in the next couple of weeks, so keep an eye out for it!

Cheers!

Fran

There's light at the end of the (channel) tunnel?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

I am very much looking forward to this release despite the absence electrification on my layout. Obviously it will be necessary for a dirty diesel to drag one around to justify my ownership of this model. Just pop a flashing tail lamp on the rear of 92020 for me guys. you know it makes sense :rofl_mini:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/05/2020 at 19:54, Dixie Dean said:

Any news on the Class 92 front guys?

Keep peeking, but nothing seen so far, not even the glimpse of a headlight or an arc of a pantograph in the distance!

Ever hopeful

3 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It's a fair point, Dixie, so here's a teaser, just for you! (And, well everyone else on RMWeb!)

900286453_92teaser....png.8f1dddd2be6f158d7cd01b0f6c999dbe.png

Due to leave China shortly, destined for Germany for pan wizardry with ESU, then sound installation, then to us for testing and a full preview video and pics. No more sneak peeks till the big reveal. It will be well worth waiting for! 

Cheers! 

Fran

Time to get back in my garage and do another stretch of my track I guess.  Need a complete circuit ready for when these gems arrive!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

9 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It's a fair point, Dixie, so here's a teaser, just for you! (And, well everyone else on RMWeb!)

900286453_92teaser....png.8f1dddd2be6f158d7cd01b0f6c999dbe.png

Due to leave China shortly, destined for Germany for pan wizardry with ESU, then sound installation, then to us for testing and a full preview video and pics. No more sneak peeks till the big reveal. It will be well worth waiting for! 

Cheers! 

Fran

Looks really nice! So I take it from your post that it's still a few weeks away? Quick question, the proposed RoS/Accurascale Class 89 has a feature that suggests the pantograph automatically raises and lowers on DC when the model is powered on and powered down. Will the Class 92 have that feature also?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Looks really nice! So I take it from your post that it's still a few weeks away? Quick question, the proposed RoS/Accurascale Class 89 has a feature that suggests the pantograph automatically raises and lowers on DC when the model is powered on and powered down. Will the Class 92 have that feature also?

Hi there,

Yes, the model is tooled but the sample still needs some adjusting before receive it for testing, hence this teaser shot. 

No, there will be no switch on DC for working the pans. They will be posable though. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Another mouthwatering update as always guys! 

Looking forward to having a few of these scooting around on our Loftus Road layout, pants firmly down in the underrated third rail mode! 

Cheers,

James

• Like 4

2 hours ago, James Makin said:

Another mouthwatering update as always guys! 

Looking forward to having a few of these scooting around on our Loftus Road layout, pants firmly down in the underrated third rail mode! 

Cheers,

James

Hi James, are your operating crew trying to attract a new audience to shows with the full monty routine lol!

cheers

Mark

• Funny 7