Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, milan243 said:

Is there any news on when the sound and the working pantographs details/video will be released?

Hi there,

This is still being worked on by ESU. As you can imagine it is very complex so takes a lot of work and testing to perfect. As with all our projects once we have news and updates we will share it here ASAP.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

This is still being worked on by ESU. As you can imagine it is very complex so takes a lot of work and testing to perfect. As with all our projects once we have news and updates we will share it here ASAP.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks for the update Fran.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is a loco I like in real life and I might have to get one as it will fit on my Southern Region based layout

The cost seems comparable with other locos so I might treat myself

I'm slightly worried on how it might run.

I was interested in the DJ Models Class 71 when announced and I had one on pre-order from a modelshop but the reviews changed my mind

Peter

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Peter749 said:

This is a loco I like in real life and I might have to get one as it will fit on my Southern Region based layout

I was interested in the DJ Models Class 71 when announced and I had one on pre-order from a modelshop but the reviews changed my mind

Peter

Hi Peter,

Not sure why you’d base your thinking on what our locomotives will run like on another company’s locomotive? 

I have no experience of that model but know that ours has a high quality 5  pole skew wound motor with large twin flywheels. There are videos on here and YouTube of our pre-production locos running and of course you can always wait for them to come out and see how they run before purchasing as we will have stock of them when they land.

Hope that helps!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Peter749 said:

Peter

These may be model trains, but believe me, you're comparing apples and oranges....

Like others have said, quite unsure as to why you'd pre-judge one manufacturers models based on another manufacturer who had quite a disappointing history in terms of his model's running capabilities.

You also seem to have answered your own question, if you pre-ordered a DJM Class 71 and then changed your mind based on reviews (which leads me to assume that you cancelled the pre-order before it was delivered), then why not do the same here? Accurascale are doing special commissions for retailers like Rails of Sheffield, so you'll always have some in stock. You can just wait till release day, get some feedback and make an informed decision then? Or pre-order and if you don't like it, send it back.

This video should answer your question on it's running capabilities

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Peter749 said:

Peter

I dont understand how you can mention DJM and any other manufacturer without the words "is the total opposite of" in between.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

@Accurascale Fran what's the ETA for the Class 92? Has there been any additional delays because of the covid-19 outbreak....

Hi Hayley,

As stated in our Class 37 and Mark 5 update we will have a full update on the Class 92 as well as Deltic, KUA and JSA etc in the the next couple of weeks, so keep an eye out for it!

Cheers

Fran 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Hayley,

As stated in our Class 37 and Mark 5 update we will have a full update on the Class 92 as well as Deltic, KUA and JSA etc in the the next couple of weeks, so keep an eye out for it!

Cheers

Fran 

Both eyes peeled for the Deltic, just because it’s the first. Can ears be peeled too? :D

• Funny 2

20 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Peter,

Not sure why you’d base your thinking on what our locomotives will run like on another company’s locomotive? 

I have no experience of that model but know that ours has a high quality 5  pole skew wound motor with large twin flywheels. There are videos on here and YouTube of our pre-production locos running and of course you can always wait for them to come out and see how they run before purchasing as we will have stock of them when they land.

Hope that helps!

Fran

Yes it does.

I will either pre-oder from Rails or wait until the release - still got some expenditure on the layout I'm building.

Thanks

Peter

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

...such a fine model and certainly appears to be in keeping with the likes of the Bachmann class 90.

I’d say incorporating a pan without any extra arms which is servo-operated, as well as actually giving thought to how the sound will fit/sound it’s best already puts it miles ahead - IMHO.

I'm very much looking forward to the 92 and (as has been said many times) would rather take a minor knock to the delivery schedule than any compromise on detail/accuracy/livery. I’m also very glad I’ve opted for a sound-fitted version what with ESU having looked at the pantograph and Legomanbiffo mentioned for the sound.

Thanks,

Jack. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...