Class 92, By Accurascale

M

3 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

What OHLE are you using there ?

N Brass portals, self built portals, self built stanchions (poles), self built hangers and PECO wires

Edited by Dixie Dean
  • Like 1

I have presumed that the pantograph, although able to rise and fall, will be sprung and will run along the OHLE OK.  The Bachmann pantograph on the Class 90 just runs on or below my catenary as some of it is higher than the amount of rise in the pantograph, which by real values isn't that high.  The real ones will actually go quite high.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Our pan is fully sprung as will be shown in the video, so should be okay! (it's an ESU design essentially, who have plenty of experience in doing pans for their own locos)

Video will likely be Saturday, but could be Monday (blasted tech issues!)

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, DBC90024 said:

Sounds similar to my plan of tailored nbrass gantries and PECO single track masts and their wires

it certainly works for me.  I have yet to start a layout thread as I haven't got enough actually finished, but around Christmas I should have reached a point of having enough to start one.  What about you?

13 minutes ago, Dixie Dean said:

it certainly works for me.  I have yet to start a layout thread as I haven't got enough actually finished, but around Christmas I should have reached a point of having enough to start one.  What about you?

I have been blogging about my layout on here for ages. Its also on YouTube ... Johnson Street IEMD 

20190623_140135.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Did not know that was you....Will sub from all 3 of our accounts - PegasusDesigns & JBM, HayleyAnne and TransportHUB

Thank you Hayley

Johnson Street IEMD on YouTube is two fold. The life and times of the locos to be featured at Johnson Street IEMD with a heavy bias around the DB90, there will also be footage of DB60s, Db66s and DB67s also, and of course, the forthcoming Accurascales Class 92 and Heljan Class 86.

The layout is gradually being finished by a layout builder to my specification and it's mostly the softly softly tech/skilled stuff to be done for me then to become familiarised with operations and also the scenic detailing.

The OHLE will be fully on place too. The recent clips of it show a Torri-laser gantry or two but they were just for visual effect at the time if taking these, there will be similar ridged nbrass gantries in their place. I plan to use PECO masts and adapt those for taking the contact wire at points on the layout where the OHLE finishes in single track points. Where twin or more tracks end, the OHLE wires will go into an adapted Hornby gantry which appears very similar to gantries seen at Crewe Basford Hall and also Mossend.

I havent had chance to do a proper first video review of my recent loco arrivals but I'm hoping to get to do something in the new year if not before.

The backstory for the layout being that an electric depot within a stone's throw of Daventry operated by DB Cargo UK. In addition to this, GBRf have subcontracted out maintenance works to their electric locos, which will on occasion visit here, such as the Caledonian Sleeper and GBRf Class 92s.

I'm still umming and arring about the idea for the 86 and 87 - possibly pre LSL Class 86's and 87 in Cally Sleeper or maybe post Cally in LSL Swallow.

Kind regards 

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD 

Edited by DBC90024
i missed something

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Update video will be early next week as we need to finalise some details with China over the weekend. Apologies for the slight delay.

1829DE72-2C46-4CDD-891C-F8F3EB9F8C43.png.e62dcbf4736e4321a8da5a2eb1ca6d7d.png

Still, looks pretty epic on our layout and is lots of fun to play with too! 

Cheers!

Fran

I can't wait to see this in EWS three beasties, DB Schenker, DB Cargo, GBRf, and Cally Sleeper :-)

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Update video will be early next week as we need to finalise some details with China over the weekend. Apologies for the slight delay.

Cheers!

Fran

Wish I could buy that sample!!! Looks so cool.

• Like 1

On 13/11/2020 at 15:32, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

I am looking forward to the update.

• Like 1

Hi Fran,

Well done for all the hard work. I'm a smidge disappointed that the single arm pan didn't work out, but appreciate the complexity, plus it's still a great value loco. Love the smoothness of the pan action - much quieter than the Bachmann 90. Sound is really good.

Quick question RE pricing - if I want one of the Rails exclusive ones as well, and preorder now, will that price stay the same or do I need to ask Rails that question?

All the best.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, daveahudson said:

Hi Fran,

Well done for all the hard work. I'm a smidge disappointed that the single arm pan didn't work out, but appreciate the complexity, plus it's still a great value loco. Love the smoothness of the pan action - much quieter than the Bachmann 90. Sound is really good.

Quick question RE pricing - if I want one of the Rails exclusive ones as well, and preorder now, will that price stay the same or do I need to ask Rails that question?

All the best.

Hi Dave,

We are too, but we really did try a lot of different ways (spindle shafts inside the arm, intricate pulleys etc) but none were possible. We put a lot into the pan motors to have them smooth and silent. There's essentially three motors in each loco now, one each for the pans, and one for the drive. 

That's a question for Rails.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Are you challenging Fran??? Your wallet may regret it soon... LOL!! 

Mine won't, despite them doing such lovely models, they keep doing diesels in 4mm - I prefer my 4mm models steaming.

That said I'll never say never, a blue class 37 with centre headcode and it's cowling intact may interest me if I get a shunting layout in 4mm done.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 2