Class 92, By Accurascale

Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

Don't worry, we'll get you yet! ;) 

Yeah, I've just edited my post, you see where I might be interested and perhaps yes you might do something steamy.

Still think you should visit the Woodhead route with some nice class 76 and 77s - that 92 EP does look awfully reminiscent of an early 77 in black with grey bogies.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

As good as the deltic looks the class 92 looks to be the real flagship model (it is for-me anyway). Even though the price increase is only £20 am considering an order for a third before the increase comes in.

Well done on a really promising model (and also for emptying my band account)!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Markwj said:

As good as the deltic looks the class 92 looks to be the real flagship model (it is for-me anyway). Even though the price increase is only £20 am considering an order for a third before the increase comes in.

Well done on a really promising model (and also for emptying my band account)!

I also have a bank account (rather than a band account in case you were wondering)!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Impressive amount of technology crammed into one loco. The price is amazing when you consider what other locos are going for. Promises to be a fantastic model even if it did not run in 80s on the Great Western mainline :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

That looks pretty good superb. Once again, Accurascale brings us on board with an explanation* as to why the extra arm appears on the panto. Some stuttering is evident but, as it doesn’t disappear as the loco speeds up, I’m pretty sure it’s the video and not the model. As to sound, some providers make the startup on F1 a sound master on/off as well. That’s not good – it means that the driver has to get into the cab and startup before he can slam the door! The same applies to lighting. If F0 is a master lighting switch, the driver has to turn the headlights on before he can turn the cab light on to find the switch. I hope those pitfalls will be avoided.

*Thinking of the Deltic wheels.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

That looks pretty good superb. Once again, Accurascale brings us on board with an explanation* as to why the extra arm appears on the panto. Some stuttering is evident but, as it doesn’t disappear as the loco speeds up, I’m pretty sure it’s the video and not the model. As to sound, some providers make the startup on F1 a sound master on/off as well. That’s not good – it means that the driver has to get into the cab and startup before he can slam the door! The same applies to lighting. If F0 is a master lighting switch, the driver has to turn the headlights on before he can turn the cab light on to find the switch. I hope those pitfalls will be avoided.

*Thinking of the Deltic wheels.

It's absolutely the video (though the wheels could do with a clean too, I wont lie, and the layout has been dormant for the guts of 7 months now, so that could've been contributing factors!) It is a smooth runner mind you!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Don't worry, we'll get you yet! ;) 

I take that as a broad hint that we shall get some steam locomotives. If so, that’s excellent! There are still a few diesels and electrics which haven’t been modelled but the well of unmodelled steam locomotives is very deep; for practical purposes, inexhaustible. BR inherited 448 different classes of steam locomotives and pre-grouping is now proving to be very popular. Speaking for myself, I have a great liking for modern wagons – huge monsters running on bogies in block trains but some pre-grouping wagons would be very welcome in a loco-centric market.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I take that as a broad hint that we shall get some steam locomotives. If so, that’s excellent! There are still a few diesels and electrics which haven’t been modelled but the well of unmodelled steam locomotives is very deep; for practical purposes, inexhaustible. BR inherited 448 different classes of steam locomotives and pre-grouping is now proving to be very popular. 

If AS do steam, just make sure it's something North Eastern related...........

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, BR Blue said:

Impressive amount of technology crammed into one loco. The price is amazing when you consider what other locos are going for. Promises to be a fantastic model...

Completely agree...3 motors and 2 speakers, therefore 2x working pans, and full suite of lighting for £250 (at the minute, of course) is astonishing value IMO. This is especially true considering the seemingly inevitable price increases of (other) 00 RTR locos, discussed at length elsewhere...

One question I have @Accurascale Fran & co., which I haven’t seen answered elsewhere (to my knowledge), is have you tooled for the newer style of light clusters on the refurbished GBRf examples (so at least 3x models in batch 1), incorporating the dual white/red marker lights? I’m sure this has been accounted for, just want to check. I notice the artwork/livery samples on the website show the original 3-lens light clusters for the CS Midnight Teal locos and 92020, but of course these are for illustration purposes and were released early on.

Thanks,

Jack.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Jack374 said:

Completely agree...3 motors and 2 speakers, therefore 2x working pans, and full suite of lighting for £250 (at the minute, of course) is astonishing value IMO. This is especially true considering the seemingly inevitable price increases of (other) 00 RTR locos, discussed at length elsewhere...

One question I have @Accurascale Fran & co., which I haven’t seen answered elsewhere (to my knowledge), is have you tooled for the newer style of light clusters on the refurbished GBRf examples (so at least 3x models in batch 1), incorporating the dual white/red marker lights? I’m sure this has been accounted for, just want to check. I notice the artwork/livery samples on the website show the original 3-lens light clusters for the CS Midnight Teal locos and 92020, but of course these are for illustration purposes and were released early on.

Thanks,

Jack.

Hi Jack,

We have indeed included both light clusters in the tooling of our model.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

There was a lot more in there before I started filming, had to empty them out after what happened with our last video! :lol:

Nevermind emptying the cabinets.....

Sure you will be emptying peoples pockets again (in a nice way!)

Nearly time in a "normal" year for Warley......time for new announcements???

Remain Safe,

Best Wishes,

Chris.

P.S.  The office cleaner must know what is in the pipeline!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

Nevermind emptying the cabinets.....

Sure you will be emptying peoples pockets again (in a nice way!)

Nearly time in a "normal" year for Warley......time for new announcements???

Remain Safe,

Best Wishes,

Chris.

P.S.  The office cleaner must know what is in the pipeline!

Hi Chris,

Thanks, we hope they will go down well and seem to be! 

As we are in catch up mode still (92, Deltic, Mark 5) we have no plans for a big Warley announcement I'm afraid! We need to deliver on this lot first and get them closer to layouts before announcing any more big ticket items. Plenty bubbling away though, but at least this time wait times will be shorter for them too. 

Our cleaner is loyal to the cause and remains tight lipped too! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Not going to help you, but I'm getting itchy fingers myself Fran.

Promising a lot, and delivering by the looks of it!!

I had ordered a 92 - but 'from the other lot', 2 hours before you announced yours!!  Wasn't happy ... but at least I've held off, despite ordering a 55, pack of TPE 5's, and a 37 .... so together with other Hornby pre-orders I need to keep a wife and family so have to hold off any more .... for now!!

Really big problem I have is another hobby is R/C and particularly monster trucks - if you follow that at all you'll know Team Losi have done something!!

Where's that lottery ticket? ..............

Al.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, No Decorum said:

If F0 is a master lighting switch, the driver has to turn the headlights on before he can turn the cab light on to find the switch. I hope those pitfalls will be avoided.

Depends on how one configures it. For example on my stuff I have F0 as master for external lighting, and other functions can be activated beforehand so that when they switch on only the desired lights come on. And then such as cab lights are independent of F0. But I do see what you're getting at.

Hi Fran,

Great to see the class 92 in action, superb detail and the motors for the pans with the brass worm look robust and much quieter than what we’ve seen so far on the market. They will be well worth the wait and thanks to Stephen for such a quick response as I will be sure to get both with sound. 

All the best

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, No Decorum said:

That’s not good – it means that the driver has to get into the cab and startup before he can slam the door! The same applies to lighting. If F0 is a master lighting switch, the driver has to turn the headlights on before he can turn the cab light on to find the switch. I hope those pitfalls will be avoided.

The majority of lighting functions can be configured via CV changes on the Lol 5 being used.

I would suspect the cab lights will have their own F Key..surely the driver has to open the cab door door first, then put the cab light ON to find the main lighting switches, again assuming it's in the dark.

If Biff is supplying the sound file, then like his other comprehensive sound files all this will be included.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

The majority of lighting functions can be configured via CV changes on the Lol 5 being used.

It is in fact one of the reasons I only use ESU decoders, the programming of functions and how simple it is to do complicated things I have yet to see another manufacturer match to be honest.

• Agree 1