Class 92, By Accurascale

10 hours ago, peach james said:

You can do this using RR&Co, so there _should_ be ways of doing this without using that- if you are using NCE, it may be possible using a mini-panel, _but don't put too much hope on it _.  If you can activate a function, usually F8 is to "mute" a sound equipped loco.  The problem is going to be ID'ing which loco you have where- that's why I know you can do so in RR&Co.  (I do so with a LRC, turning on the sound as it leaves the staging yard).  So, the likely answer is yes, but it will require a fairly extensive automation to do.

James

Please tell me more James.  I'm currently just using an NCE, but when sufficient of my layout is built will move to a laptop and JMRI.  RR & Co is a Windows program?

13 minutes ago, Dixie Dean said:

Please tell me more James.  I'm currently just using an NCE, but when sufficient of my layout is built will move to a laptop and JMRI.  RR & Co is a Windows program?

I'd assume JMRI would do it assuming you have appropriate feedbacks but I might be wrong. It wouldn't be a fade though it would be a switch off I expect?

Go have a look in the dcc and computer control threads;

The NCE system is not ideal for automation, because of the relatively limited ways of talking to the various components- going to either Lenz, Roco or Digitrax is probably easier if you are going to automate a layout.   

RailRoad & Co is like a pay version of JMRI.  If you have the skills to program in a java environment, stick with JMRI, or go with iTrain.  The owner of RR&Co is in my view, an interesting individual :jester::jester:.  The advantage that RR&Co has is that it was first or 2nd on the scene, in the late 90's.  If you haven't invested the time to learn the idiot-cincities of any of the programs (iTrain, RR&Co 5/7/Gold, JMRI) then I would start with looking at JMRI and then iTrain)

At anyway, I'd go look at the computer control area if you are interested in automation, as this is definitely :offtopic:

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

She has a facebook group too - I am not sure if this is the most recent link to itNot sure what that means ?

There is a girl called Rachel who is doing regularly Youtube feeds, predominantly from Crewe Station, of the Caledonian Sleeper service that stops at Crewe for a driver change - but also from nearby stations like Acton Bridge.

She's really quite cool, having only started a few months back, will regularly have several hundred people coming over to her channel to watch the evenings goings on at the station with the Sleeper and other late evening operations, one stream a few weeks ago, she had over 600 people watching.

I have copied below a link from one of her recent feeds, she is really down to earth and helps anyone in the railway watching and modelling community

She also is on facebook, I hope this is the most up to date link for this (see below) - for you or anyone interested in watching her streams, if you havent seen it, why not check out mini Wistaston junction on Youtube to see what all the fuss is about :-)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/506059526732075/permalink/588002221871138

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/11/2020 at 16:16, gary_lner said:

Good afternoon everyone. Sorry to go back over lighting features of what shaping up to be a cracking model of the class 92. I was watching a live stream last night from a YouTuber at a station and noticed that the Caledonian sleeper 92 only had it's night light and 2nd man side marker light on, not the top marker light. This sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole with other 92 videos and some 92s have the top marker light on and some don't. Has anyone else noticed this as well? Is this somthing that will be part of the lighting functions that will be on offer? Must admit it's not somthing that would stop me from getting a 92 as I always thought top markers would always be on like with 66s and other locos that have them fitted.

Regards Gary

Hi Gary,

Sorry, missed this question! The top light is for the tunnel, but it seems some Cally sleeper drivers like using it too. We will have this functioning as an independent function to the other lighting modes (day, night, yard) so you will be able to select it if you wish.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Gary,

Sorry, missed this question! The top light is for the tunnel, but it seems some Cally sleeper drivers like using it too. We will have this functioning as an independent function to the other lighting modes (day, night, yard) so you will be able to select it if you wish.

Cheers!

Fran

Good evening Fran no worries at all, thanks for getting back to me. That's really interesting to hear. And good to know that it'll be a function on the loco. 

Roll on 2021

Regards Gary

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

IMHO the only stupid question is the one that's never asked - do the panto's work manually for DC operation or can they only go up / down via a chip function?

They are sprung so can be clipped down or spring up without power applied. 

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, scumcat said:

I’ve started watching the Crewe station railcams YouTube from about 23.35 onwards just to see the Caledonian sleeper arrive and leave. It may be a bit sad but I love it

You are not the only one! Either that or Mini Wistaston Junction channel when she goes to Crewe station. I even went through a phase of driving 25 minutes to Amington Junction to watch it pass, then coming home to see it at Crewe on YouTube! I am firmly blaming Accurascale for selling me a 92 and MK5 sleepers.

Edited by ac1874
  • Friendly/supportive 2

10 hours ago, ac1874 said:

You are not the only one! Either that or Mini Wistaston Junction channel when she goes to Crewe station. I even went through a phase of driving 25 minutes to Amington Junction to watch it pass, then coming home to see it at Crewe on YouTube! I am firmly blaming Accurascale for selling me a 92 and MK5 

I went to see it come through Stafford station last night only for it to break down on the approach coming through 45 minutes late, still  it was worth the wait  good old Dysons... 92043... and the driver waved :-)

Kat @johnsonstreetIEMD 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

I went to see it come through Stafford station last night only for it to break down on the approach coming through 45 minutes late, still  it was worth the wait  good old Dysons... 92043... and the driver waved :-)

Kat @johnsonstreetIEMD 

I may or may not have stayed up to watch it arrive late at Crewe on the webcam.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, InterCity80s said:

To save me trawling through 30 pages of this thread, have any retailer exclusive Class 92s been announced or are the models on Accurascale's website the full range?

Hi, 

Their have been two exclusive models announced by Rails Of Sheffield. These are 92015 in DB Red with the Yiwu to London train branding and 92023 'Ravel' in SNCF Grey. They can be pre-ordered via the Rails website if you search 'Class 92' in the search bar and Rails have a thread for them on their 'Rails Of Sheffield' section of RMWeb. 

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

The 92 is going to be incredible for those modelling AC electrics, me included, i am a 90 follower first and foremost, but i love the 92s and they are massively underutilised on the electric network sadly (hopefully that'll change one day), with me modelling and following DB Cargo, but with the intention of my depot to be servicing and maintaining GBRf's 92s, then I can see the grey EWS three Beasties one, the DBS and DBC (Yiwu) and of course the Cally Sleeper and GBRf ones having some relevance here,

Funnily enough, I have always had a soft spot for 92032 in the Europorte GBRf livery ... which is slightly different in appearance to the most recent 92020, 92028 and 92043.

decisions decisions !!!

Edited by DBC90024

50 minutes ago, DBC90024 said:

The 92 is going to be incredible for those modelling AC electrics, me included, i am a 90 follower first and foremost, but i love the 92s and they are massively underutilised on the electric network sadly (hopefully that'll change one day), with me modelling and following DB Cargo, but with the intention of my depot to be servicing and maintaining GBRf's 92s, then I can see the grey EWS three Beasties one, the DBS and DBC (Yiwu) and of course the Cally Sleeper and GBRf ones having some relevance here,

Funnily enough, I have always had a soft spot for 92032 in the Europorte GBRf livery ... which is slightly different in appearance to the most recent 92020, 92028 and 92043.

decisions decisions !!!

They've got appeal across most of the network for alot of people I expect, what with originally being dual voltage (25kV and 750V DC). Southern fans will love them too if they model the period around privatisation.

As for the class utilisation, a lot of the problems have been done to I believe two factors. 1, their control electronics have proven complicated and somewhat tempermental over the years and 2, they have been known to draw too much power (especially on the 3rd rail!) and cause problems as a result. I suspect both factors also play a part in their cost-per-mile calculation which I expect most operators will use (and probably why the 66s are so ubiquitous).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kelly said:

They've got appeal across most of the network for alot of people I expect, what with originally being dual voltage (25kV and 750V DC). Southern fans will love them too if they model the period around privatisation.

As for the class utilisation, a lot of the problems have been done to I believe two factors. 1, their control electronics have proven complicated and somewhat tempermental over the years and 2, they have been known to draw too much power (especially on the 3rd rail!) and cause problems as a result. I suspect both factors also play a part in their cost-per-mile calculation which I expect most operators will use (and probably why the 66s are so ubiquitous).

From what I understand they still make trips onto 3rd rail lines from time to time

Edited by Adamphillip
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DBC90024 said:

decisions decisions !!!

There are several variants of GBRF livery - 92032 has tunnel roundels and Europorte logos, 92028 and 043 retain the Europorte style rounded border between blue and orange, albeit all in blue, and no roundels. 020 has a straight edge between blue and orange. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Adamphillip said:

From what I understand they still make trips onto 3rd rail lines from time to time

I believe that the Caledonian ones have had their 3rd rail gear removed however? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kelly said:

As for the class utilisation, a lot of the problems have been done to I believe two factors.

As another thing, does the fact they have so much redundancy make them more expensive to keep going? For example if they aren't going in the tunnel then do they still keep one side of the electronics in tip top condition or can they disable one half to reduce costs?