Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
On 02/02/2021 at 21:41, Kelly said:

I believe that the Caledonian ones have had their 3rd rail gear removed however? 

are you sure?

compare this to a Bulgarian one, which definitely does have them removed

(not my image/flickr url)

92025 at Septemvri

the 73/9’s have had their gear removed.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

are you sure?

compare this to a Bulgarian one, which definitely does have them removed

(not my image/flickr url)

the 73/9’s have had their gear removed.

I wasn't sure no, hence the ? 

But it looks like they don't have their shoes,  but retain the beam it looks like. 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, DBC90024 said:

92025 at Septemvri

If I am not mistaken, it would seem like DB in Bulgaria do a better job of branding their 92s than DB UK. The UK ones (like these) are still branded as EWS only

its got everyone whos ever owned it visible.. Brush, BR logos, Chunnel circles, EWS,  DB...are those Crewe Electric eagles ?

looks like a back packers rucksack.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2

On 19/11/2020 at 17:58, St. Simon said:

Yes, there’s a few lines between London and the tunnel which they are allowed on, but they are banned from all other 3rd rails.

I’ll try and get the restrictions from the Sectional Appendix tomorrow for those that might be interested.

Simon

Hi,

Finally remembered to get the Sectional Appendix out and this is what is says for Class 92's on the Southern Region:

Operation on the DC power supply

Permitted only between Boundary with Eurotunnel, Saltwood Junction and Mitre Bridge Junction via:-

Tonbridge, Orpington, Shortlands Junction and Herne Hill or Catford Loop and then via Factory Junction, Longhedge Junction and Latchmere Junction.

and

Maidstone East, Swanley, Shortlands Junction and Herne Hill or Catford Loop and then via Factory Junctionn, Longhedge Junction and Latchmere Junction.

Also permitted between Sevenoaks and Otford Jn via Bat & Ball and Longhedge Jn, Ludgate Jn into Clapham Jn sidings 48 & 49.

It also says that there must be no more than 3 Class 92s drawing power from a single substation at anyone time.

Not that this matters as I've decided to get one anyway :) 

Simon

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, e30ftw said:

I was wondering if any of the releases will have the BR style of OLE warning flashes, all the art work seems to show the more modern symbol?

Hi @e30ftw,

Yes, 92003 Beethoven, 92022 Charles Dickens and 92023 Ravel all have the red ‘late’ BR style of OHLE warning flash.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @e30ftw,

Yes, 92003 Beethoven, 92022 Charles Dickens and 92023 Ravel all have the red ‘late’ BR style of OHLE warning flash.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks for the reply fran

Can you confirm the cut off date, to get the better price on the 92's

1 hour ago, e30ftw said:

Awesome, still time to save up.

As long as you've paid the £30 preorder payment you should get the lower price when you come to complete your payment. Or that's how it was explained to me, I hope that's how it works....

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, XChris said:

As long as you've paid the £30 preorder payment you should get the lower price when you come to complete your payment. Or that's how it was explained to me, I hope that's how it works....

Morning everyone,

This is correct. If you place any order for Class 92s between now and the cut off date you will get the earlier price. 

We had envisaged that we would have decorated samples before the cut off date of 19th March, but that does not look like it will happen now (more likely April) so we will likely extend the cut off date to after the decorated samples land so you can see them in all their glory before ordering. But for now, keep the original date in your head. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been asked before, but are the three 'Chunnel' bodyside rings separate etches or are they part of the moulded shell?

And is the earlybird cut-off order date still tomorrow (19th)?

thanks

Al

Edited by YesTor

1 hour ago, YesTor said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but are the three 'Chunnel' bodyside rings separate etches or are they part of the moulded shell?

And is the earlybird cut-off order date still tomorrow (19th)?

thanks

Al

Early bird has been extended (till May?), and I believe they are part of the shell.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We've received the latest sample of our very special Class 92 locomotive from the factory, sporting the tooling amendments we made to the first samples, including the addition of brass horns, improved pan head, better fitting glazing and more.

Accurascale-Class-92-1.jpg.153786cf8d6e8a35f53057e1f0309968.jpg

We have also extended the price increase deadline to come into force after we reveal decorated samples in late May.

To find out all the latest information on our Dysons including delivery date and price increase deadline, check out our latest blog update here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/class-92-update-price-increase-deadline-extended

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 16

I've been dithering about the livery I wanted, and with this offer I've plunged in and ordered Bertolt Brecht. There was one concern, the livery schematic shows it with EWS vinyls and BR arrows on the leading cab. This loco is still in Railfreight grey to this day and I would have expected EWS to remove the arrows fairly soon after privatisation, however have found a photo of the loco at Crewe, in mid 2007, with the arrows still fitted, so for my era, privatisation plus 5 years, it is fine.

• Like 3