Class 92, By Accurascale

2 hours ago, rembrow said:

I've been dithering about the livery I wanted, and with this offer I've plunged in and ordered Bertolt Brecht. There was one concern, the livery schematic shows it with EWS vinyls and BR arrows on the leading cab. This loco is still in Railfreight grey to this day and I would have expected EWS to remove the arrows fairly soon after privatisation, however have found a photo of the loco at Crewe, in mid 2007, with the arrows still fitted, so for my era, privatisation plus 5 years, it is fine.

92036, has been in the exact livery A/S have done it in for about 12 years. The EWS sticker was applied and the BR Arrows are still in place to this day. I'm not sure if your trying to say A/S have got the livery wrong or not but I think it's spot on. If this information helps mean you have chosen the right loco then I'm also glad I could help.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, XChris said:

92036, has been in the exact livery A/S have done it in for about 12 years. The EWS sticker was applied and the BR Arrows are still in place to this day. I'm not sure if your trying to say A/S have got the livery wrong or not but I think it's spot on. If this information helps mean you have chosen the right loco then I'm also glad I could help.

Not trying to say A/S got it wrong, but I wrongly believed that EWS had removed the arrows much earlier, so I thought the livery was for a more limited timeframe.  In fact, as you say, the loco is still carrying the arrows, at least from photos in 2020, so thanks for the info.

Edited by rembrow
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, XChris said:

There’s a link to a photo taken a week ago here; 

I believe most of the EWS/DB ones still have the arrows. Unless they are in Red/Stobart. Which is when they lost the arrows.

Which actually makes me think I am surprised that there isn’t a 92017 in Stobart livery released as a limited edition or a Rails version etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, rembrow said:

I've been dithering about the livery I wanted, and with this offer I've plunged in and ordered Bertolt Brecht. There was one concern, the livery schematic shows it with EWS vinyls and BR arrows on the leading cab. This loco is still in Railfreight grey to this day and I would have expected EWS to remove the arrows fairly soon after privatisation, however have found a photo of the loco at Crewe, in mid 2007, with the arrows still fitted, so for my era, privatisation plus 5 years, it is fine.

Theres some 92’s in Bulgaria running with BR and Channel Tunnel logos.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We've received the latest sample of our very special Class 92 locomotive from the factory, sporting the tooling amendments we made to the first samples, including the addition of brass horns, improved pan head, better fitting glazing and more.

Accurascale-Class-92-1.jpg.153786cf8d6e8a35f53057e1f0309968.jpg

We have also extended the price increase deadline to come into force after we reveal decorated samples in late May.

To find out all the latest information on our Dysons including delivery date and price increase deadline, check out our latest blog update here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/class-92-update-price-increase-deadline-extended

Cheers!

Fran

It looks great, but aren't the 'polo' logos significantly too low?

Edit: should have read the whole blog first! As you were... :whistle:

Edited by njee20

• 1 month later...
On 19/03/2021 at 14:48, adb968008 said:

Theres some 92’s in Bulgaria running with BR and Channel Tunnel logos.

The was a batch sent to Romania where I photographed 472005 (92005) in 2017 - but I believe they may have moved to Serbia?

It still has the Crewe Depot Plates, the Chunnel Circles and the BR Double Arrows on the Cabside

IMG_6232.JPG.8b4a3c647c0440c0dc3f50d1aeb6a3d9.JPG

IMG_6233.JPG.356fe15d7bcab0b8e2e2e72eab32fcd2.JPG

Peter

• Like 13

More of a contrast rather than a compliment maybe @Mooresby

With 92036 being DB former EWS or current EWS depending on your era and 92006 is a GBRf Dyson in Cally Sleeper :-)

Each to their own of course

I actually quite like 92036 and think that would be a really good fit at Johnson Street, 

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Edited by DBC90024
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DBC90024 said:

More of a contrast rather than a compliment maybe @Mooresby

With 92036 being DB former EWS or current EWS depending on your era and 92006 is a GBRf Dyson in Cally Sleeper :-)

Each to their own of course

I actually quite like 92036 and think that would be a really good fit at Johnson Street, 

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Good point - but bearing in mind that my layout is based around Reading and I doubt that a 92 has ever been anywhere near the GWR mainline I was already sailing pretty close to the wind in terms of realism anyway!  Ah well - they look great so what the heck :)

• Friendly/supportive 1

23 minutes ago, Mooresby said:

Good point - but bearing in mind that my layout is based around Reading and I doubt that a 92 has ever been anywhere near the GWR mainline I was already sailing pretty close to the wind in terms of realism anyway!  Ah well - they look great so what the heck :)

Hey, Reading's is under the knitting now, so, its just a matter of time, really, isnt it ?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Mooresby said:

I hate to be that person, but...

I can't believe this was nearly a decade ago. I can remember being surprised by the video at the time. 

Ed

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Mooresby said:

If you mean modern day GWR mainline... search YouTube for 'Class 92 Didcot'!  6X44 in 2011 included a DB red 92.  The video says there may have been up to 3 visits by a 92 at Didcot in 20 years!  So, you can 'justify' a purchase :) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, daveahudson said:

Hi Fran,

Dunno if this has been asked yet - will the 92 work with a standard 21pin DCC decoder or will it require a bespoke type as per the Bachmann 90?

It is designed for a regular decoder with sufficient functions, we recommend the ESU LokPilot V5

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, McC said:

It is designed for a regular decoder with sufficient functions, we recommend the ESU LokPilot V5

I presume the pantographs require servo functionality on the decoder though? If a non servo decoder is put into the loco what happens?

I.e. Bachmann say if you don't put a correctly configured decoder in theirs it could break the pantograph, they have their Zimo one they sell pre configured but a LP5 or LS5 work fine assuming they are programmed correctly.