Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Csalem said:

And before anyone shrieks in dismay; yes, the GBRf orange is very wrong. The factory used the wrong shade on 020 for some inexplicable reason (032 is correct as you will see soon!) and it will be fixed on the production models!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm not in the market for one of these (but have my orders in for green Deltic and 37 so you can see why this is out of context for me!) so please feel free to ignore but my one criticism is that the cab glazing, especially on the sides is a little thick and therefore prismatic. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

I'm not in the market for one of these (but have my orders in for green Deltic and 37 so you can see why this is out of context for me!) so please feel free to ignore but my one criticism is that the cab glazing, especially on the sides is a little thick and therefore prismatic. 

The actual windscreens are tinted, so while indicative, the glazing on these decorated samples is just an indication, and will be correctly tinted and finessed for the final models. Hope that helps! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

These look fantastic - roof, underframe, bogie detail - absolutely stunning!

I'd agree with the above comment re cab side glazing.  Also, not to pick fault - instead merely an observation, whilst appreciating these are approval samples - but the 'Victor Hugo' and 92001 text/numbers appear not-quite-horizontal on both sides.  

Also, and sincere apologies for asking what must have been covered some-place already, but if purchased DCC ready, is there/will there be an option for purchasing the sound-chip later on?

edit:  Actually I can see that this is the Legomanbifo project.  So a related question, does the DC model come with a speaker pre-fitted?  I'm guessing perhaps not?

Lastly (for now), will the brass horns and rectangular buffers be available as separate items - I don't believe anyone offers rectangular buffers as a separate item anywhere, so could be useful...? 

Look forward to seeing these in the flesh.  It's at times such as this I really miss the exhibitions...  :rolleyes:

thanks
Al

Edited by YesTor

• RMweb Premium

These look amazing. I know you’ve said that fit and finish will be improved, so please take this in the spirit intended - the two things that stick out on first look are that the front cab handrail looks somewhat chunky, and the Chunnel polos don’t look etched like the real things, and being part of the body, will be difficult to replace with etched versions.

• RMweb Gold

For the sake of clarity the sound chip / project will not be for sale outside a loco and the ready version is missing the twin speakers (but includes the stay alive)

The tunnel mints will be etches in the finished models. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

This is looking really good… any chance a close up of that roof detail…?

The roof of a 92 is an intricate organised mess, and something no previous model has done nicely, I saw the CAD I recall ages ago and it looked superb, be nice to see it in the flesh.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

'Tunnel mints' :scratchhead:  In 'the trade' when these locos were being built and tested folk called them 'Morris 8 hubcaps'.  There was a good reason for that although the Morris 8 hubcap didn't have a hole in the centre  - but the overal shape and style of some versions ...   ...

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Isnt that roof cool !

just look at the wiring detail around the pantograph base…

I think thats a winner when it comes to the best detailed Pantograph in OO.

hmmmm ... IMEO its more on par with the current pace setter in the market place, that of Bachmann's Class 90 ... but to be there, is good stuff indeed ... and certainly puts this a long way above the Hornby Class 87 and also the Heljan Class 86.

lets hope it doesn't have any of the teething issues of the Bachmann Class 90 

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD