Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Graham108 said:

@Accurascale FranFran - it appears I've missed the boat with regard to ordering one of the CS versions (DC only). I've trawled the websites of other retailers but can't find anybody advertising them - are they A/S exclusive? If not can you please advise which retailers are likely to have one to order - thanks

Graham

Hi Graham

The Deltic, 92 and Mark 5 range predate accurascale offering terms to trade, so are exclusive to direct purchases.

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/british-rail-class-92/livery_caledonian?

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Here's 92032 in all her GBRf finery. As you can see the orange has been corrected over our 92020 (footballer wives shade of orange no longer applicable!) and looks a lot better for it.

Acc-92032-08.jpg.7c22572127f1a8673a4d51d683c4f946.jpg

Acc-92032-05.jpg.40fd26d57d24fad627ce25d28389bcc5.jpg

Acc-92032-03.jpg.3ee2c88e2c16794b6e52538e063eb5db.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

Absolutely fantastic isn't it?  20 out of 10!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

By coincidence I saw the Accurascale email earlier today, whilst attending the low carbon logistics event at Mossend. 92020 had been brought in ready for its naming by the Stirling family, after their dad. It was a very poignant moment for them and a great effort by GB to arrange.

Glorious Scottish weather, the rain came on just as we were all about to head down to the naming! Of course seeing this today has prompted this one to be ordered and in due course we will do the nameplates for it.

Thanks

Mark

ED74FA4B-D03B-4DDB-8CF2-595975A142D5.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, WILLIAM said:

Searching through some old photographs and I've found the perfect prototypical train to go with my pre-ordered 92003 :-)

92003 Lower Hatton 02-06-2004 cropped.jpg

Sledgehammer to crack a nut comes to mind!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone

The powerbank is one of the innovative features we are incorporating into all our ready-to-run locomotives. but what does it actually do?

As you can see with our Class 92 in this very short video, it stores energy to give you uninterrupted lights, sound and motion, avoiding any annoying cut outs due to short dead sections, pointwork, or even the odd spot of dirty track.

Okay, so not quite a flux capacitor with 1.21 gigawatts of power, but still quite impressive, right?

Remember; the early bird Class 92 price comes to an end on January 1st, 2022. Save £20 by placing your pre-order before this deadline right here for Q3 2022 delivery: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/british-rail-class-92 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Hi Fran,

I only run DC, but I believe this function is working on DC as well?

If YES, what if you are slowing for a station, and encounter a 'dead spot' - does it overshoot the platform?

Al.

Stay Alive / Capacitors are exclusively AC / DCC functional. They have no impact on DC running. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

The powerbank is one of the innovative features we are incorporating into all our ready-to-run locomotives. but what does it actually do?

Fake news, I've looked hard into the cab and cannot see any capacitors through the window.

Everyone knows capacitors only work when they are visible, something to do with a little known side theory of Quantum Mechanics known as Kohlers capacitor theory.  It works alongside the even lesser known DJ APT experiment - that an APT can both exist and not exist at the same time in a crowdfunded box

• Funny 17