Class 92, By Accurascale

12 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Can't believe nobody has posted this yet?

https://fb.watch/9y94EmH_Iq/ :)

Maybe cos folk hadn't seen it 

Although Fran is normally up on these things here, which is great for anyone with some level of interest on this exciting new arrival ... there was a post in the last week or so showing the stay alive functionality so they are posting things to show the development aspects

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

• 4 weeks later...

just ordered mine, kind of annoyed though as I originally asked my local shop to reserve one back when they were announced and apparently not they're not getting any due to the fact the class 92 was announced before Accurascale [or the shop, they weren't clear] had a trade account.... or something weird like that. Anyway I'm really looking forwards to when I can finally have the big beastie in my hands.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Adamphillip said:

just ordered mine, kind of annoyed though as I originally asked my local shop to reserve one back when they were announced and apparently not they're not getting any due to the fact the class 92 was announced before Accurascale [or the shop, they weren't clear] had a trade account.... or something weird like that. Anyway I'm really looking forwards to when I can finally have the big beastie in my hands.

Hi @Adamphillip,

Many thanks for the order.

The Deltics, Mark 5s and Class 92s were not opened to trade as they are legacy products from when we were direct to market only. Traders can sell all other products sold since then and any future runs of these models when they're announced. Just part of our growth. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Adamphillip,

Many thanks for the order.

The Deltics, Mark 5s and Class 92s were not opened to trade as they are legacy products from when we were direct to market only. Traders can sell all other products sold since then and any future runs of these models when they're announced. Just part of our growth. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Well thats made me spit my tea out,this will come in plain brown paper wrapping so you can finally have the big beastie in my hands.As you say its Just part of our growth. Well i needed a Vax carpet cleaner,behave you lot.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Well down wire if you have not pre ordered the 92 before the price rise, even just collecting one as an investment as i guess given time they will become like paintings to the art world for some.way better value for money than it sitting in the bank,the cryptocurrency of the model rail world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Well down wire if you have not pre ordered the 92 before the price rise, even just collecting one as an investment as i guess given time they will become like paintings to the art world for some.way better value for money than it sitting in the bank,the cryptocurrency of the model rail world.

Completely agree with this.  I think given its price and specification, it is in a league of its own.  Looking around, we're about to see another diesel come to market, fairly plain, nothing too fancy, no high tech gubbins, limited lighting and its £60 more expensive than this.  Accurascale don't need me to be a fanboy for them, but this looks like one helluva bargain and the first impulse purchase I've made on a long time.  It was the RfD yesterday, but the email dropped today and i saw the EWS and thought "do i need it? - no". But i just couldn't help myself :D

Edited by Ouroborus
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Fran I have a question:

92020 in GBRF livery. Will the colours be the same as the pics for 92032 as in the pics on the website 92020 looks a bit David Dickinson?

Also would 92020 come with the newly fitted “Billy Stirling” nameplates.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Andy7 said:

Fran I have a question:

92020 in GBRF livery. Will the colours be the same as the pics for 92032 as in the pics on the website 92020 looks a bit David Dickinson?

Also would 92020 come with the newly fitted “Billy Stirling” nameplates.

Thanks

hi Andy

as we posted when shared the colour is a bit off and updated samples are expected :) 

we don’t plan on adding the nameplates at this time. 
hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Johnson Street IEMD said:

You can probably get aftermarket plates for 92020 from Railtec or similar...

As if by magic...

4mm-PL1216

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=4789

Will set you back an eye watering £2.90. And of course they're spot printed so there's no carrier film to have to cut close to. In fact these are completely filmless.

Slots in quite nicely with a bunch of 3d plates that have been released over the past few days, mainly examples with ornate embellishments (37692/47635 Lass O Ballochmyle, 37068 Grainflow, 31201/56132 Fina Energy, 31233/327 Phillips Imperial, 33050 Isle of Grain, 37688 Great Rocks, 68033 The Poppy & more).

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Really whetted my appetite for the CS version (92038) + the MK5 coaches I have on order

Just watched this again and noticed there's not one loco running with both pantographs in the 'up' position

Edited by Graham108
Additional comment
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
Just now, amwells said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the 92s now seem to be available at Rails of Sheffield.

I think I committed enough at the end of the year for me to add any, but may be of interest to others

Indeed at all accurascale stockists - https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/store-locator

• Like 1